Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
Mrs Shaffer is above and beyond the best. 3 out of 4 of my kids have had her and they've all fallen in love. We struggled with finances this year and she has more than taken care of us. When random things are need to be provided throughout the year she always asks if we need assistance. She is so involved and just works so hard for our kids. My youngest is in her class right now and he is so sad for the year to be up. She just got teacher of the year at their school and it's well deserved.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 05, 2016
I do think sometimes the homework packet is a bit much. My son had huge packets in the first grade. I understand that this is part of their process of academic success but sometimes its too much and overwhelms the student.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 05, 2016
Robey expects alot out of their kids which is a good thing. They leave Robey more than prepared for junior high.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 05, 2016
They do enforce apologies and forgiveness when incidents do occur. While sometimes one student isn't the cause, this does help kids to move on and try and be friends regardless of issues.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 05, 2016
I do think there are some issues with kids being nasty. I understand this generation is different and they're exposed to so much more but there is very little accountability among the students. They seem to group all kids within the same incident even if one is a victim...seemingly to just get the situation over with.

Posted May 05, 2016
Ive had four children either go through Robey or are currently going through Robey. Both children who are now in high school have excelled because of Robey. In fact, their exact words were "you can tell who the Robey kids are" when referring to starting Junior High. My two youngest who are currently enrolled at Robey love their teachers and their friends. They are super involved not just in class work but are allowed the freedom to help around the school because of their grades. They both are in reading levels well beyond what is required and I think that is partly attributed to the time and effort spent by the teachers.

Posted April 25, 2015
Robey Elementary is the definition of a "Great School!" The staff is amazing from the office staff to every teacher in every classroom. This is our first year at Robey we relocated here to Indy June of last year. Education is very important to us and being that they were leaving a 4 star state recognized school I was wanting to find a school that would continue to challenge my girls. I definitely found that in Robey. What I like most is that Robey is very family oriented, everyone is friendly and helpful with the goal of getting and keeping every child on the right path.

Posted January 08, 2010
I have two children and both have had their needs exceeded at Robey. One is a gifted child and the other ADHD and extreme opposites. The school (especially the teachers) were able to accomodate to both children and allow them to excel in the classroom. I am so excited that my third child will be starting there soon.

Posted January 07, 2010
I have two teenage children who have both attended Robey elementary. I cannot say enough about what a great experience this was for both of them. Great staff and I've never seen so much support and involvement from parents.

Posted September 02, 2008
Robey Elementary is an excellent school for your child to begin his or her education. I have had 2 children pass through those halls on the way to great things and have 1 child just beginning. It is a great school with excellent teachers and would recommend this to anyone.

8700 West 30th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46234
Last modified Robey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.