Posted June 20, 2013
This is not a good school. The teachers do their job and are good teachers, but the environment is not good at all. All you hear about or see is fights, drugs, and gangs. The school has teams, which kids use as gangs, and the school has had to be put on lock down several times because classmates were bringing weapons to school because the teams were going to fight. During the last 2 months of the school year, there were fights everyday and at least once a week someone would get expelled. Almost every class period the class would be interrupted because the teacher would have to write someone up or send them to ISS. I have to mention the teacher/student relationships were good, even the teachers still maintained good relationships with the "bad" kids. I'm not trying to bash the community around the school in any way, because I live here and I am a student in Wayne Township, but I think the environment of the school is based off the community and how families are brought up. The school isn't in the best area.

Posted September 13, 2012
My two oldest daughters loved this school & the principal. We only had an issue with 1 teacher and the next year when my daughter got a different teacher for that class she did great.

Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center 4

Posted May 30, 2011
I am a parent whose children were placed in an academically high acheiving category for students. My views about the school program and teachers are based upon a limited number of students from the school. It has been my opinion that the teachers are very supportive of the students. Social workers, Wayne Township administration, and Lynhurst Faculty have a collaborative approach at solving student problems. To my knowledge bullying is at a minimum among this group of students. My children tell me that students from other school groups who bully are dealt with swiftly by the faculty and administration.

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted November 20, 2008
Lynhurst was my 4th public school in Indiana, and I've gone to 5. It was and is my favorite. The teachers were amazing and really flexible, so they always helped me when I needed help. There are plenty of sports, clubs, and competions to be in. I love the the people there because they are really easy to get along with and I had lots of fun there.

Posted October 21, 2008
This is my second and final year at Lynhust. I'm glad to say that they have given me all sorts of oppertunities for a great future, and they give it to everyone. 'Expect Excellence!'

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted December 30, 2007

Posted November 28, 2007
As a former student, parent and now employee. I have seen this school from all aspects. The staff is fantastic. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with your child or yourself! Teachers and counselors are constantly striving to increase their knowledge to help our students. The administration is upbeat and continually encouraging staff and students to do their best. The parents that are involved, are some of the best. We have a wonderful program called Lynhurst DADS. This is a group of dads who come to the school and help out with different athlectic events, walk to halls, help in the cafeteria and any other opportunity they may see. We have a diverse population, and as with any other school, we have our problems. But the majority of our kids are great! They far out weigh the problems.

Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center 4

Posted October 14, 2007
The teachers are great, but there has been a very big bully problem.

Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center
2805 South Lynhurst Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46241
Last modified Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.