PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school motto is "Do the Right Thing" It is repeated every single morning. My child is finishing his 1st year at Holy Spirit in Pre-K and the continuity between home and school with values and preparing him to be a productive beneficial member of society is irreplaceable. The staff truly care about each and every child and most importantly the communication between school and home is like no other.

The faculty staff and students at Holy Spirit are AMAZING. We are westside of Indy parishioners and were welcomed with open arms and even with my child's behavioral issues, the teachers and administrators have embraced us and provided every resource possible to help my little one be successful. I will continue to commute 30 minutes each way every day for the pure fact that this school and church family is worth every minute. They truly care about the success of the children and honestly and sincerely strive to mold children in to individuals who will better the world we live in. Do the Right Thing. Simple motto with life long lessons.

This school is an absolute beacon for the community. At the beginning of the year, the principal always says that you will get out of this school what you put in. If you are not very active as a parent ,then you won't get AS MUCH as someone who is. Let me say I am not the most active of parents,but this school pulls you in and makes you one of their own. The principal knows every child in that school. The office staff is the same way. If my three children ever have a problem, they know they can go to any of the adults to get help. Whether it's something major like technology or simple like school lunches; the staff are always trying to improve the school. The church community is very open and welcoming, unlike some other parishes I've heard of. This school and parish asks a lot of you...but it gives TWICE as much back. I wish our principal was running the whole school system, but if she could wait until my kids have graduated!!

We come from the Indianapolis Public School system and we are thrilled with the high level of education at Holy Spirit. This school is a safe place for my children!! They encourage parental involvement in the school which is something I am not used to! Everyone has been welcoming and my girls are fitting in great! Thank you to the teachers, staff, and PTO for making us feel right at home!

Holy Spirit School has been a wonderful experience for my kids and my family. I have two children who went from Holy Spirit to a competitive high school, and both said they felt very prepared for their freshman year. My oldest is now a senior and has been offered significant scholarship awards for academic achievement. I have no doubt that Holy Spirit laid the groundwork for my children's academic, social and moral success. I have one child who is still at Holy Spirit, and the administration and teachers are constantly working together to provide the best education possible.

Holy Spirit provides a caring and nurturing environment through dedicated and supportive staff. In this environment children are encouraged to learn about academics subjects as well as the catholic faith. Learning progresses through the use of traditional text books as well as technology. The school now has a computer lab as well as computers in the class room. Smart board technology is available so lessons can be enhanced through teacher guided interntet use. All the while parents can be involved in their childs experience. Parents are welcomed to come into the school to view the classroom, help with the teacher or just have lunch with their child. Through an email program called Homework Wathcer parents are kept up to date about what is happening in the classroom as well as the school. I know all this is because I am a parent that visits the school and I see it!

My child has since graduated. No family atmosphere at this school, as I had growing up in Catholic school. No emphasis on Christian environment. Large turnover in teachers. We stayed at this school because my child's cless was very close and inclusive . My child made what I feel will be lifelong friendships. Principal is definately not leader material...quick to overreact

Last modified Holy Spirit School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8