Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 13, 2012
This school is an absolute beacon for the community. At the beginning of the year, the principal always says that you will get out of this school what you put in. If you are not very active as a parent ,then you won't get AS MUCH as someone who is. Let me say I am not the most active of parents,but this school pulls you in and makes you one of their own. The principal knows every child in that school. The office staff is the same way. If my three children ever have a problem, they know they can go to any of the adults to get help. Whether it's something major like technology or simple like school lunches; the staff are always trying to improve the school. The church community is very open and welcoming, unlike some other parishes I've heard of. This school and parish asks a lot of you...but it gives TWICE as much back. I wish our principal was running the whole school system, but if she could wait until my kids have graduated!!

Posted April 18, 2011
We come from the Indianapolis Public School system and we are thrilled with the high level of education at Holy Spirit. This school is a safe place for my children!! They encourage parental involvement in the school which is something I am not used to! Everyone has been welcoming and my girls are fitting in great! Thank you to the teachers, staff, and PTO for making us feel right at home!

Posted January 18, 2010
Holy Spirit School has been a wonderful experience for my kids and my family. I have two children who went from Holy Spirit to a competitive high school, and both said they felt very prepared for their freshman year. My oldest is now a senior and has been offered significant scholarship awards for academic achievement. I have no doubt that Holy Spirit laid the groundwork for my children's academic, social and moral success. I have one child who is still at Holy Spirit, and the administration and teachers are constantly working together to provide the best education possible.

Posted December 01, 2009
Holy Spirit provides a caring and nurturing environment through dedicated and supportive staff. In this environment children are encouraged to learn about academics subjects as well as the catholic faith. Learning progresses through the use of traditional text books as well as technology. The school now has a computer lab as well as computers in the class room. Smart board technology is available so lessons can be enhanced through teacher guided interntet use. All the while parents can be involved in their childs experience. Parents are welcomed to come into the school to view the classroom, help with the teacher or just have lunch with their child. Through an email program called Homework Wathcer parents are kept up to date about what is happening in the classroom as well as the school. I know all this is because I am a parent that visits the school and I see it!

Holy Spirit School 1

Posted September 06, 2007
My child has since graduated. No family atmosphere at this school, as I had growing up in Catholic school. No emphasis on Christian environment. Large turnover in teachers. We stayed at this school because my child's cless was very close and inclusive . My child made what I feel will be lifelong friendships. Principal is definately not leader material...quick to overreact

Posted August 22, 2007

Posted February 18, 2005
- a former student
I am a former student of Holy Spirit, and while I cannot tell you how it is now, I can tell you about how it was up till 5 or 6 years ago. There was a high level of parental involvment,the parents helped out alot and the teachers/principal made it their business to keep the parents informed on how their child was doing.(I diddnt appreciate that at the time, although I can see why my mother did) The programs were fine, I was on par with my classmates when I moved and had to go to a public middle school. The only things I can think of that needed improving (and may have been improved since I went) were the tiny library, not having many choices in extracurricular activities and the lack of computers. We had one in every classromm, sometimes two, but they were rarely used, and not taught.

Posted September 15, 2003
I currently have three children enrolled at Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit has worked diligently in the last couple of years to improve its facility. The results are new restrooms, a beautiful school caf , and science labs with state-of-the-art equipment, just to name a few. Our administration and teachers are also working together to improve teaching methods based on best practices in education. But I think the best resource Holy Spirit has is its extremely involved parent community. The current administration is very receptive to parent involvement, and parents are encouraged to come into school and classes to see what's going on, as well as to assist our teachers in any way we can. I feel confident that my children are receiving an excellent education, as well as a spiritual foundation upon which they will depend their entire lives.

Holy Spirit School
7241 East 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46219
Last modified Holy Spirit School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holy Spirit School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top