K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 21, 2015
My first grader is responsible for 15-30 minutes of homework each night and many assignments are given on Monday with a due date of Friday which allows us to adjust the nightly requirement to work with extracurricular schedules.

Posted October 21, 2015
We joined STA halfway through my child's kindergarten year as a result of work relocation. I cannot say enough about the warm welcome we received in what was a very stressful time for our family. We moved from a very large public school so I'm not sure it is fair to compare some aspects but I can't imagine going back to the previous environment. Each of the lower grade classrooms has 2 teachers and they keep their class sizes low which results in a very personalized learning experience for every student. STA does an incredible job of building a "whole child" with focuses on social and emotional wellness in addition to the traditional curriculum.

Posted October 20, 2015
I have 2 children at St. Thomas Aquinas school. The school is a small community school where teachers and parents team to make a wonderful environment for the students. There is differentiated learning for those students that need it which is a nice perk to find in a small environment. There is also a focus on bettering the community and the environment. The school is a green ribbon school! My husband and I feel lucky to have found St. Thomas. We have never doubted our decision to choose this school and continue to be very impressed.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted October 20, 2015
Every grade is different but we have been happy with the faculty. If you have a new K kid, I'm not sure you will find a better team of teachers anywhere. These ladies are wonderful! I was blown away with the K program for both of my kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 20, 2015
I have children in grades 2 and K. Homework seems to be the right balance so far and tends to focus on the skills being learned in the classroom. I don't see a lot of what I will call busy work or laborious projects coming home.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 20, 2015
The school holds students to high standards. Students are treated with respect and are expected to respect the faculty in the same manner. Students that I have encountered have been well mannered and polite.

Posted April 28, 2014
Our child has gone to the same school since kindergarten. Our child loves St Thomas Aquinas for many reasons. Our child is involved in many extra curricular activities at school and is so happy there are so many programs to choose from. Our child feels good about the teachers, staff and families that attend school, as well as the parishioners.

Posted April 27, 2014
We have been very pleased with STA. The teachers have alot of input into how they teach the curriculum, and we have seen first hand how they can adjust for a child who needs help or extra encouragement. The community of parents at STA is really terrific; the whole atmosphere here is one of high expectation--STA is very focused upon building individual character; good citizens with strong morals. And they teach cursive. A big plus in my book!

Posted April 23, 2014
St. Thomas was awarded a 4-star rating this year. First time since IDOE started this assessment 5 years ago. The principal and staff have worked very hard the past 2 years to make it even better. We've been very impressed with the changes.

Posted September 27, 2013
The best thing about St. Thomas is the fact that it is a true neighborhood school, and its acceptance of unique kids and diversity. The education is good but not stunning or the absolute best in the city. There is socioeconomic diversity, but the well-to-do families are very down to earth. I wish there were more than 1 classroom per grade but I wouldn't want my child at any other school.

4600 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN  46208
Last modified St. Thomas Aquinas School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Thomas Aquinas School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top