Posted April 29, 2014
My child has been at St. Mark for their entire elementary/middle school years. Words alone cannot express how wonderful this school, from the dedication of the principal, teachers, cafeteria workers, before and after care leaders, and coaches---they each have a vested interest in your child. They spend the extra time to help each and every child to the best of their abilities and keep the parents up to date on their progress and any issues. The school is small enough to where the kids won't feel overwhelmed but big enough for a great Catholic education. Some of the teachers (even the principal) will step up and help coach some of the different sports that are offered, if needed. Even our priest knows the kids and calls them by name. I would recommend St. Mark to anyone who asks.

Posted April 29, 2014
The state of the public education system drove my decision not to subject my kids to the substandard institution known as IPS. We looked at other schools and selected St. Mark. I have two children that attend. They love it there. I have found the staff to be caring and professional. Is it perfect? No, but the team strives to provide the best education and environment for both the student and parent. I'm from a small town and St. Mark's staff definitely provides that small, close knit feeling that so often gets lost when living in the city. If you want your children's school experience to be one of the best then send them to St. Mark.

Posted April 28, 2014
St. Mark is the most wonderful school. My children came from public school and were accepted immediately by their peers and by the staff. The entire staff has a genuine love for their jobs and for their students. All the students look out for eachother like family. In fact, this school is a small family community. The principal knows each child by name and the parents as well. He constantly encourages and cares about each and every one the students like they were his own. The teachers are always willing to help the students with anything. Everyone gets involved in school activities. It's a great school!

Posted April 28, 2014
Words cannot describe the love my family has for this school & community. We were welcomed with open arms from day one. All the staff from the principal, secretary, teachers, cafeteria, athletic dept, & aftercare programs show genuine compassion in the healthy growth of your child on every foundation from athletic, social, spiritual, and educational growth. We are proud to be part of such an amazing and supportive community. I would recommend not only for a top notch education but also to aid in the development of a strong moral fiber outside of just the home.

Posted April 08, 2014
St. Mark is a tremendously loving and open environment and a great place to educate one's children. In my opinion this environment is fostered and established with the great leadership of the principal and pastor, and every teacher I have been in contact with tries to emulate the leadership of their administrators. I only have one child (in pre-k) attending the school, but when she came home and told me, "Dad, the only thing that really matters is that you love God and love other people," I was blown away and wholeheartedly convinced that St Mark is a special place. While I can't vouch for the academic rigor of the school, since my daughter is in pre-k, I will say as a teacher at the high school in which St. Mark feeds into that St. Mark has an inordinate amount of students achieving high accolades in academics at the high school level.

Posted April 07, 2014
St. Mark is a welcoming and loving environment. Children are taught in a strict yet loving environment as well. St. Mark encourages parental involvment and all staff and administration work together for the greater good of the student.

Posted December 05, 2013
St. Mark is small enough to provide excellent education and teaching to its students, but big enough to provide many services and participation opportunities for all students! Four of our kids attended and graduated from St. Mark; their preparation for secondary school was excellent!

Posted November 26, 2013
St. Mark Catholic School is an outstanding place for children and families. The staff is highly professional and responsive to the needs of children. The student population is beautifully diverse which my children have benefitted from. They also receive excellent preparation for high school. I would highly recommend you visit. You will be impressed with the atmosphere and respectfulness of the students you encounter.

St. Mark School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
If you are looking for a small, very community oriented school for your child, look no further! The principal greats each child by name every day. All children feel loved at St. Mark. If you are looking for good academics and talented teachers, look else where.

St. Mark School 3

Posted July 23, 2013
There are some really great teachers at this school and their Kindergarten program is perfect. I had some issues with kids who lacked character and respect. Now that there is the voucher program (which is a great if used right) there are lots of non catholic kids who do not share the same values as others. I am a very open individual but this Catholic school as lost it's appeal to me because it felt like my kids were just at a small public school.

St. Mark School
541 East Edgewood Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified St. Mark School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Mark School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.