PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The school could improve by more admin support. I have two children enrolled and neither one is displaying the knowledge I expected.

I'll begin by saying that we are not a Catholic family. My oldest daughter came to St. Michael as a kindergartner in 1999 only because they agreed to consider letting her begin school notwithstanding that she had missed the (at that time) Indiana June birthday cutoff. She THRIVED at St. Michael and finished 8th grade there in 2008 and nailed all of the placement tests she took at several Indianapolis high schools. She received numerous scholarships, but selected Cardinal Ritter H.S. My two younger daughters followed her at St. Michael and will be finishing there soon. I can't say enough good about St. Michael. We have always felt accepted, even though we are not Catholic. We are Christians, though, and we truly appreciate the Christ-centered approach to education and service to the community that the school offers. All of our girls have done very well there and we would recommend St. Micheal to any parent who wants an outstanding education for their children.

I attended this school from fall of 1999 to spring 2008, which is K-8... a long time to be in one place! I've always had a family here, the same classmates for years and teachers who genuinely cared about us. The teachers always made sure that we understood what they were trying to get across, be it through discipline or a long class discussion. I'm going to miss my school, and I recommend it to everyone out there.

I have had a student here since fall 1994. Walk through the halls, kids very well-behaved; neat projects on display; seen kids come here with various issues, show marked improvement. Wonderful teachers, turn out a good product.

Last modified St. Michael the Archangel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.