Indianapolis, IN

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We love for people to visit our school to find out what we're all about and then stay for eight years! Please call the school office, 241-6314, to schedule a time to come learn about St. Christopher School. We know that you'll be happy you did.
December 22, 2014

Posted January 20, 2015
St. Christopher School is fantastic! We had 1 child graduate in 2014, and currently have 1 child enrolled. Miss. King, the principal, and all of the St. Chris teachers strive to create a great environment for learning, as well as, teaching the children how to be good citizens. Parents are always welcome, and encouraged to get involved with school activities. There are many after school activities as well. We would definitely classify St. Chris as a great school!

Posted January 17, 2015
This is our first year at St Chris, my children previously attended a public school. They were doing really well but I just wanted something more for them. I didn't want them to grow up in secular schools. I have to admit I was nervous to have them go through this big change but I am so glad they did! I love that they are being challenged in their educational needs and also receiving religious education which is extremely important to me. In addition, they are taught moral values to strive virtue. My son and daughter have been blessed with wonderful caring teachers. I am truly thankful for their welcoming staff. I appreciate that I am able to join them at mass. I feel that St Chris has been a great gift to our family; I wished they would have started sooner!!

Posted January 14, 2015
This is a great school, the teachers are all real friendly and are there to help the children to succeed. They learn good Christian values and attend mass twice a week. The parents can get to know each other by volunteering, attending the parent teacher meetings and in the parking lot at pick up time. My children have attended since Kindergarten and now are in 5th and 2nd grade. I teach in the public schools and see the differences in the schools and I wouldn't send them anywhere else. They even have enrichment classes for the children to be involved with after school, Spanish, Band, Chess, Piano, Guitar. They also have sports with the CYO: Volley ball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, and Kickball.

Posted January 11, 2015
This school is excellent. Teachers and staff are a great team in educating and boosting up each child's self confidence. There is no place I would send my children. Teaching children morals and a top notch education. Bring your kids to a school that gives them a chance to reach their true potential. CH

Posted January 09, 2015
I've been a SCS parent for ten years - a daughter went all the way through (PreK-6), currently a Sophomore at Cardinal Ritter, and now a son in the fifth grade here. There's something very special about this school. It's a family. Within weeks of school's opening, the older kids know the 'little' ones by name and help them get to know the school. Teachers and the parish priests welcome the kids each morning at the door. Parents volunteer and are part of every school event. They help each other out - picking up kids, dropping them off, getting them to sports/music practices, handing down uniform pieces and helpful advice. An active Parent Teacher Partnership (PTP) group organizes regular events where families can spend time together having fun. Teachers challenge students academically and encourage them to lead a faith-based life. The infusion of our faith into everyday activites has been the biggest blessing for my children. "See Christ in everyone, in everything, and act accordingly." More than just knowing names and faces, everyone cares. Come take a tour. You'll feel it too, as soon as you walk in the door.

Posted January 09, 2015
It's hard to fully articulate the incredible warmth, sense of family and strong academics housed in this delightfully small school! It begins right as you drop your child off to be immediately greeted by our wonderful principal and at least 1 if not both of our priests. Then, you attend school mass and feel the spirit of Christ absolutely flowing through the kids whether by song or by even the 1st grade child reading from the pulpit. This school does do many things well and acclimating them to speaking in front of a full congregation is only one. I could write a novel about why St. Christopher school is the best choice we have ever made but I think I could best sum up my feelings by saying both of my children are asked daily how their day went and the consistent response is: "Awesome!!" Kids don't just go to school at St. Chris- they flourish!

Posted January 08, 2015
The number one reason I send my children to St. Christopher School is because of the strong religious and moral education that is provided. I love that my children pray and learn about God every day at school. The second reason I love St. Christopher School is because of the strong community. I know every child in my sons' classes and most of their parents. As my boys walk through out their school, there is not a staff member (teacher, custodian, assistant, etc,) that does not know them by name. This school is perfect example of how a village raises a child. I am also impressed by the teachers at St. Christopher. Their willingness to make adjustments in instruction or practice to help my sons become more successful means so much to me. The sports and extra curricular activities offered after school are amazing and far exceed what is offered by any public elementary school. My children have the opportunity to participate in school sports including basketball, kickball, and soccer, and many more. The school has a choir and band program and offers both guitar and piano lessons through IUPUI. The school houses meeting space for both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts programs.

Posted January 08, 2015
Love this school. Great teachers and staff. Feels like a family! Are willing to work with you and your child on anything extra you need. Drop off in the morning, the principal along with the two priests are there to greet us, Amazing!

Posted January 08, 2015
St. Christopher School provides an exceptional Catholic education in a loving, family-like environment. The teachers and staff pour their hearts into their work and truly care about each student. My son loves his school and I love how comfortable and "at home" he feels at St. Christopher. I am very pleased with the academic program and love the small class sizes. Parent-teacher communication is excellent--I get weekly reports of goals being targeted in the classroom and frequent updates of my son's progress. St. Christopher simply has it all. We LOVE St. Christopher School!!!

Posted January 08, 2015
I am so glad I decided to move my son to St. Chris this fall. He is so much happier going there with both the staff and students. I feel the academics have high standards, the communication and organization are great from both the teachers and administration, and religion is always a focus throughout the day. They also have many after school opportunities and such a welcoming environment in the building. It's just what I feel a school should be!

St. Christopher School
5335 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46224
Last modified St. Christopher School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Christopher School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top