PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

All three of our children have attended St. Matthew and I love my family being a part of this school. It is incredibly community-oriented and the administration is especially accessible and makes a point to learn everyone's name- students and parents. They make physical education a priority and have many CYO sports teams too. They also have an excellent middle school math program. I also think that their student body is more diverse than neighboring catholic schools which is more representative of our Hoosier community and allows students to become familiar with other cultures and ideas. The only area that I think they could improve upon is to offer a more intensive foreign language, especially in the lower grades.

Excellent teachers and wonderful learning opportunities, including art and music as early as kindergarten. We have been so happy with our experience at St. Matthew. The sense of community is amazing - the teachers and principal know you and your children by name, parents are involved, and there are many ways to get involved as a parent. We are so happy to have our child at St. Matthew!

Love this school! From the moment you walk in the door you can feel the community feel. The 8th graders will open the car doors for the children as they come to school. The teachers are kind and have high expectations. The principal is very easy to talk to when you have something important on your mind. He's always around!

My husband and I have had 3 kids graduate from St. Matthew and now have a 1st grader. It is a great School to send our kids to. We have been grateful for the teachers and staff at St. Matthew School.

My child recently graduated from St Matthew and had the privilege of attending this school 5th thru 8th grade, after attending grades 1 thru 4 in a public school. While 5th grade was good, the real “gem” of St. Matthew is the middle school in my opinion. Your child will have the same teacher for each subject grades 6 thru 8. For example, my child had Mr. Moyer for Social Studies all three years. The middle school team of teachers is fantastic. They WANT to be in their jobs and they are good at what they do. They will love, nurture, and educate your child over the course of three years and your child will end up loving them right back. This special bond that develops between teachers and students cannot be found in most large public schools. Our family is not Catholic and we do not belong to St Matthew church. This was never a problem and we were always made to feel welcome. I paid the full non-Catholic tuition rate and would do it all over again. This is an excellent school.

I have been a very happy parent with two children at St. Matthew school. The community feeling is probably what I appreciate the most. There is a lot of volunteerism and the parents and teachers are really involved in making the school A true community. I believe the academics are more challenging than other schools in the area at the same grade level. I also believe that the expectations of the students regarding their behavior and decorum at school really enhance the entire experience for everyone.I feel like my kids can be kids at St. Matthew and aren't growing up too fast.

The academic rigor, discipline, parental engagement, teacher engagement and skill, and the administration's competence and clear-headed decision-making has made St Matthew an amazingly positive experience for our entire family. Our children have responded remarkably well to the moral education infused throughout the curriculum. The families welcome you and bring you right in; we never once felt like outsiders. The facilities are somewhat more bare-bones than many local public schools; it is not teeming with amenities and new technology. Instead, it is very much a back-to-basics feel where students are academically challenged and expected to do many things the old-fashioned way (hard work). Sending our kids there has been worth very penny and is the best decision we ever made.

Everyone...and I mean everyone at St. Matthews is incredibly nice. We moved our daughter in the middle of the year and have had nothing but positive experiences. We get weekly emails from our Kindergarten teacher, the front office is always willing to answer questions and all the parents are friendly. The principal is outside every morning helping with the carpool line doesn't matter if it is rain, shine or snow. I have never felt so welcomed before!! Our daughter had started to shut down when it came to school work but she is flourishing at St. Matthews. She looks forward to doing her nightly homework so much so she will remind me! Just an all around excellent school!

SMS is impacting my children in a positive and productive way every single day. The faculty and staff are helping us to nurture our whole child. Heart, mind and spirit. They are not only being well educated and prepared for the future but are also learning how to be good people who know right from wrong and do the right thing. I couldn't see my children succeeding at this level in any other educational environment. Thanks to the Faculty & staff for the positive impact you are making on our family and its future!!!

Several years ago I began a thorough search for a new school. I wanted one that would academically challenge my children and provide a safe learning environment, plus have strong leadership and caring teachers. St. Matthew was the winner in all categories. On their first day of school, the principal made a point of greeting my children by their first names. They felt welcome on day one! The community of parents welcomed me, too. I have never regretted my decision.

Last modified St. Matthew School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8