K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 06, 2016
Thank you to Christ the King School Middle School Religion teacher, Danny Klee!! Danny is a positive role model for all of our middle school students. His strong faith, kind heart, and love for our students models Jesus Christ, Himself. One of my children actually said, "Mom, Mr. Klee is Jesus!" No better compliment than that! Thank you, Danny Klee! Christ the King is so blessed to have you as a teacher!

Christ the King Catholic School 5

Posted March 31, 2016
Christ the King is an excellent school. To my knowledge, the most recent teachers have been established for 4 years now. The multiple teachers that have taught my child have all been very caring, respectful and intelligent. The individualized attention that my child has received has been phenomenal. I couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Christ the King! I'll forever be part of this community.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 20, 2016
Develop a relationship with your child's teacher so that lines of communication can be open. My kids have had different challenges. Their teachers worked with me to find solutions.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted January 20, 2016
There is homework. There are spelling lists. There are occasional projects. (My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade.) There are online resources and links. One of my kids is a self-starter, the other needs more direction.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted January 20, 2016
Persistence, grit, and determination are more parent-driven traits, in my opinion. There are extra-curricular activities which assist in this endeavor.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
Catholic values, MOP rules as previously mentioned. They also instruct kids about the Circle of Grace for children to develop self-awareness and self-respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
Older kids have service hours to be completed, but there are other projects, too. My third grader is a reading buddy to a kindergartener.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
It is a faith-based Catholic school with approximately 20% non-Catholic students attending. They use MOP rules (myself, others, property) to help the younger kids have and show respect. The school reinforces the values that I teach my kids at home.

Christ the King Catholic School 5

Posted January 20, 2016
This school community has been a blessing for our family and my two kids. I'm a single mom and the fellowship at this school is amazing. My kids LIKE to go to school. There have been challenges and they've overcome them. My children are learning to have faith and act with values in addition to an excellent education. I don't understand the negative review and each person has their own path, but you get more when you give more. By that, I mean, as a parent, you have to remain engaged with your child, teachers, and leadership and always advocate for your child along the way.

Christ the King Catholic School 1

Posted November 24, 2015
High teacher turnover. Poor testing scores especially in the math portions. . Arts program is lacking. Multiple car break ins. As stated in a previous email does not prepare the students for entering high school.

5858 Crittenden Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46220
Last modified Christ the King Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.