K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Christ the King is an excellent school. To my knowledge, the most recent teachers have been established for 4 years now. The multiple teachers that have taught my child have all been very caring, respectful and intelligent. The individualized attention that my child has received has been phenomenal. I couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Christ the King! I'll forever be part of this community.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Develop a relationship with your child's teacher so that lines of communication can be open. My kids have had different challenges. Their teachers worked with me to find solutions.

Amount of homework: no rating

There is homework. There are spelling lists. There are occasional projects. (My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade.) There are online resources and links. One of my kids is a self-starter, the other needs more direction.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is a faith-based Catholic school with approximately 20% non-Catholic students attending. They use MOP rules (myself, others, property) to help the younger kids have and show respect. The school reinforces the values that I teach my kids at home.

This school community has been a blessing for our family and my two kids. I'm a single mom and the fellowship at this school is amazing. My kids LIKE to go to school. There have been challenges and they've overcome them. My children are learning to have faith and act with values in addition to an excellent education. I don't understand the negative review and each person has their own path, but you get more when you give more. By that, I mean, as a parent, you have to remain engaged with your child, teachers, and leadership and always advocate for your child along the way.

High teacher turnover. Poor testing scores especially in the math portions. . Arts program is lacking. Multiple car break ins. As stated in a previous email does not prepare the students for entering high school.

Let's face it, really smart kids do well anywhere. However my daughter has reading challenges and was floundering in a different parochial school, not really failing but sliding by. All that changed at CKS. Her teacher's have made a point of identifying areas of weakness and coming up with a plan that is more than "resource room". Her teacher's "know" her and are as excited about her successes as I am! She feels loved there and that is priceless to me.

We have been extremely happy with the faith based education our children have received at Christ the King. The administration is caring and knowledgeable which I think sets the right tone from the top. The teachers are fantastic and their commitment to the kids, the school, and the community is top notch. Our children's success thus far at school has been about being in an environment that they are comfortable in, along with great teachers.

Love the teachers and parental contribution and time. The education is quality and the kids seem to be guided morally as they grow.

We couldn't ask for a more supportive and active school community. Christ the King Catholic School provides an excellent opportunity for students to learn in a faith based setting, with educators who go above and beyond to ensure academic success for each student. We are grateful that we have the chance to choose and educate our children with other families who share similar values and ideals.

Last modified Christ the King Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.