9-12|Private
1,293 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted June 21, 2016
This was a fantastic institution to attend. They have a rigorous curriculum with updated facilities and an outstanding faculty. They encourage participation in wide range of extracurricular activities and have an elite athletics program. The Catholic element adds an additional faith-based addition to the curriculum, but I wouldn't consider it "in your face" and they encourage a wide range of views and debate on hot topics.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 24, 2016
They had a priest come in and tell us why gay marriage is wrong. If we can't respect our community who can we respect? This school teaches bigotry and discrimination.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 24, 2016
This school teaches students that hard work doesn't matter and that all that does matter are grades.

Posted September 23, 2015
My daughter is currently a sophomore at Cathedral. Our family is truly humbled and blessed for her to attend such an outstanding institution! Cathedral is focused on the development of all students - emotionally, spiritually, and academically. We are grateful for the attention that is given to developing well-rounded, young adults who are well-prepared for college and life, in general. For example, an emphasis is placed on building leadership skills, as well as community service. We also love the beautiful campus, which provides a small college atmosphere. It is an honor to drive up the hill every morning!! :)

Posted April 05, 2014
A brother of student My brother has been at Cathedral for 4 years and he is a senior this year. Over these years I have seen him bloom into a young man. He has been on honor roll all year this year and he refuses to give up. I honestly hope cathedral changes me like it did with him. This school is the best in Indiana and the good thing is you're all family. If you had an option for sending your son/daughter to a high school, I would definatley choose Cathedral. I will be a graham an next year and I hope I have a better experience than my brother.

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is very high academically. It also mandates volunteerism for graduation Both produce a well rounded student for the future.

Posted March 04, 2012
I thank my parents for their hard work to send me to this stellar school. In every aspect, this school prepares their students. Before I attended college, for example, balancing schoolwork and extracurricular activities with all outside agendas (i.e. family, jobs, social lives) was a vital life skill that easily became ingrained in the habits and expectations of Cathedral students, such as myself. I could speak of fantastic experiences, but to sum it up, the school gave me experience, flat. Diversity exists; not everyone is Catholic at all; there are different political and economical backgrounds obvious to the student body-- and yet the place is family. It is an exceptional high school that contributes to a teenager's growing process into becoming rounded individuals with a sense of purpose.

Posted December 12, 2008
I loved attending cathedral it was an experience like no other. It was definitely worth the money and you formed friendships with teachers and other students that last a lifetime.

Posted November 07, 2008
Cathedral is a fine school. As a graduate I can recomend it highly. However it is not the meca of education that the Cathedral community hypes it to be. Cathedral has two big problems, Its a political jungal and lower admission standards are granted to football recruits.

Posted October 03, 2007
Sending my son to Cathedral was the best gift we could give him. The academic and extra-curricular programs are outstanding, but the school is more than its college-prep classes and football team. It is a warm and caring community. Our son has made friendships that will last a lifetime. He has been mentored by caring teachers and will benefit from their tutelage for a lifetime. This is the only school we've ever attended where I do not have a single thing to complain about. Beautiful campus; kind and loving teachers and staff; strong school spirit; rigorous academics; spiritual guidance, assertive diversity program. Particularly meaningful to our son's experience have been the amazing theatre program, the small but wonderful choral department, and the language support program (a Godsend!). I can't imagine a better high school exists anywhere.

5225 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Cathedral High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.