Indianapolis, IN
Students enrolled: 1,293
After care: No

Posted April 05, 2014
A brother of student My brother has been at Cathedral for 4 years and he is a senior this year. Over these years I have seen him bloom into a young man. He has been on honor roll all year this year and he refuses to give up. I honestly hope cathedral changes me like it did with him. This school is the best in Indiana and the good thing is you're all family. If you had an option for sending your son/daughter to a high school, I would definatley choose Cathedral. I will be a graham an next year and I hope I have a better experience than my brother.

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is very high academically. It also mandates volunteerism for graduation Both produce a well rounded student for the future.

Posted March 04, 2012
I thank my parents for their hard work to send me to this stellar school. In every aspect, this school prepares their students. Before I attended college, for example, balancing schoolwork and extracurricular activities with all outside agendas (i.e. family, jobs, social lives) was a vital life skill that easily became ingrained in the habits and expectations of Cathedral students, such as myself. I could speak of fantastic experiences, but to sum it up, the school gave me experience, flat. Diversity exists; not everyone is Catholic at all; there are different political and economical backgrounds obvious to the student body-- and yet the place is family. It is an exceptional high school that contributes to a teenager's growing process into becoming rounded individuals with a sense of purpose.

Posted December 12, 2008
I loved attending cathedral it was an experience like no other. It was definitely worth the money and you formed friendships with teachers and other students that last a lifetime.

Cathedral High School

Posted November 07, 2008
Cathedral is a fine school. As a graduate I can recomend it highly. However it is not the meca of education that the Cathedral community hypes it to be. Cathedral has two big problems, Its a political jungal and lower admission standards are granted to football recruits.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2007
Sending my son to Cathedral was the best gift we could give him. The academic and extra-curricular programs are outstanding, but the school is more than its college-prep classes and football team. It is a warm and caring community. Our son has made friendships that will last a lifetime. He has been mentored by caring teachers and will benefit from their tutelage for a lifetime. This is the only school we've ever attended where I do not have a single thing to complain about. Beautiful campus; kind and loving teachers and staff; strong school spirit; rigorous academics; spiritual guidance, assertive diversity program. Particularly meaningful to our son's experience have been the amazing theatre program, the small but wonderful choral department, and the language support program (a Godsend!). I can't imagine a better high school exists anywhere.

Posted August 08, 2007
Excellence is the standard at Cathedral. Academics, sports, music, etc all areas meld to produce confident, well-educated, responsible individuals.

Posted October 31, 2006
Cathedral was the best learning experience of my life. I loved all of the teachers, and the knowledge I gained, my four years at Cathedral has really helped me in the small liberal arts college I attend now. I was involved in the theatre while I was there, and the theatre productions at Cathedral are phenomenal. Sports teams excelled as well. I remember my freshman year we won something like 7 State Championships. The school is a really great place to send your children if you are looking for stellar academics, renowned extra-curricular, and an environment of racial and socio-economic diversity. Students at Cathedral want to be there, and if they don't they don't, it would only take participation in school functions to change thier mind.

Posted January 23, 2006
I went to Cathedral back in the day & the standards for that school are set high. They really challenged everybody and still today, it is a wonderful school with high standards in no matter what students do. My daughter is going into Cathedral next year & I couldn't be more proud.

Cathedral High School 4

Posted July 31, 2005
This is a wonderful school with a solid Catholic curiculam.

Cathedral High School
5225 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Cathedral High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cathedral High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top