Indianapolis, IN

Bishop Chatard High School 4

Posted March 13, 2015
I am an alum of Bishop Chatard and a prospective parent. My experience as a student was great. In recent years, I have had many encounters with students and families and they have all been positive. The students are compassionate, helpful and diverse. The families and parents are down-to-earth, accepting and caring. Now that I am looking through a different lens as I prospective parent, I so look forward to sending my children to this school. I believe it offers a faith-filled and well-rounded experience for young adults.

Posted February 12, 2015
I can not in good faith recommend this school to anyone. After the departure of the last principle this school has been thrown into administrative chaos. The current administration is run by educators that hold little regard for the educational and emotional well being of students, selectively enforces rules, and actively disregards and ignores concerned parents. In the past two years a administrator, who will remain nameless, actively dismissed parents concerns and took measures to avoid interactions with said concerned parents. I feel the best way to summarize the student experience is that they are treated as the I.D. number they are assigned and nothing more. Any prestige or accolades this school celebrates are not in any way a accurate representation of this institutions current educational prowess. After four years at this school I can say with certainty that this school has seen a massive degradation in quality and your children will NOT be cared for.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 15, 2014
Awesome, no complaints, nurturing environment , great lunch program, super students/faculty, like family. It was a pleasure to be a parent there. Bill Sahm the president is sensational.

Posted October 29, 2013
Bishop Chatard High School is an outstanding high school and one of the primary reasons that I have been successful in my life. First and foremost, Bishop Chatard provided me an outstanding education that prepared me extremely well for college. Bishop Chatard also allowed me to grow because of the focus it puts on developing the whole person. I truly believe that my experiences at Bishop Chatard have given me the foundation to understand my religion better, understand many different people, react and adjust to life experiences better, and provided me a greater sense of the importance of community and impacting it positively.

Posted August 09, 2013
This school is corrupt now. An awful environment for my student and absolutely no one on one time with any teachers. I would advise sending your student to a different school in Indianapolis.

Bishop Chatard High School 3

Posted September 15, 2012
I received a very high quality education from Chatard and had no trouble adjusting to college academics. My teachers were knowledgeable and experienced. However, I struggled to fit in with the social environment. When I attended BCHS, it was extremely focused on athletics and if you were not an athlete or part of an established family at the school, you were not on the social radar. I was bullied terribly by my classmates and did not feel comfortable telling the administrators. I felt there was a lot of favoritism and because my bullies were popular and in sports, no one would care. It got so bad I was begging my mother to switch me to a public school my senior year. I honestly feel I would have had many more friends and a much more positive experience at North Central or another public school, especially if I had taken honors or accelerated classes there, I think I would have had an equally good college prep education. I honestly do not have many positive memories of Chatard other than the good education I received.

Bishop Chatard High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Bishop Chatard High School offers a fantastic education and superb community for students and parents. Lifelong relationships are born or continued there. The teachers are passionate about what they do and have made some of the most meaningful people and memorable experiences for me, to date. I would not have traded my high school experience there for anything different.

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted May 17, 2009

Bishop Chatard High School
5885 Crittenden Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46220
Last modified Bishop Chatard High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bishop Chatard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top