9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

It is obvious that the person who entered all the 1 star ratings is the same person. I am sorry they had a bad experience but most of what they said is not true. For example... 1) Late Mon mornings and early dismissal Fri afternoon scheduling is not so teachers can have meetings but so that teachers get a longer time with children per class period and so they do not have the same group at the same time every day... it is called block scheduling. In the old scheduling world, when my child had math at 8 am every morning, they didn't always do well because they were tired. Now my child has math at various times through the week which has helped tremendously. They also get a little bit longer time in the class. 2) The staff does not bully and are there to help. I had a concern about my child and all I did was email guidance and they were all over it to help. Met with my child and then if things didn't resolve, would meet with me. They are VERY caring. My children grow in faith and education. They are VERY involved in service, sports and activities. Chatard takes all kids from all learning levels and all socio-economic levels. They care about each one. My children are prepared for life after high school... Thank you Chatard!

Bishop Chatard is a great community to be involved with. My husband and I have had two kids graduate from there. As well as a Sophomore and we will be sending our First Grader there one day. We feel blessed that our kids are learning the sense of community in such a great place.

I have had 5 children graduate from Chatard high school in the last 8 years. They all had different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. It was a great academic and learning environment where their different levels of abilities were met and they have a great resource department for those needing extra help. I always felt the teachers respected my children and had the utmost concern for them. We wanted our chiIdren in an academically strong school that taught and lived the Catholic values we live at home. My children truly loved being a part of the Chatard community as well as us. It was truly It was a great decision on our part to send our children to Chatard and to become part of the Chatard community.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I think one needs to look at the testing results and the number of students that are accepted and go on to college to know that the teachers are effective.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Integrity and honesty are developed by making the child be responsible for their own actions and making them accountable to the whole community.

Sadly the new administrators are the worst power-hungry individuals you will ever meet. They have no understanding of the mission of the Catholic church, and lack all the integrity that pass administrators have held on for so long. The students are welcoming, but you can't get too far when the blinds are leading the blinder. It is no longer about the hard work and service to the students but bullying staffs and lazy administrators who ignore the concerns of parent and student - Sad

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Ineffective because they lack compassion and understanding. A good teacher sees the weakness of his/her student and aims to rectify it, by helping them overcome their worst barriers. A great teacher is the beacon of light in a student's academic journey.

Amount of homework: no rating

There is no right or wrong answer to this, because even if students received a lot of homework, and the teaching is not done right, a student will fail regardless due to poor teaching methods of a teacher. If homework is few and students don't do a lot, but again are taught well in class, one will not substitute much for the other.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There's not much honesty. Honesty is an element long gone from our society and todays so-call Christian - environment. Some staffs are ok, but they seem to fear the administrators, so go along with them. There is no fairness, as it's evident students are treated differently. In the end, it all boils out in favor of the staffs favorites, or students who have a connection or "friends" of the insiders. Of course no will admit it, but enroll your child in for a while and watch as "the ____" with the order pushes and bullies them with his/her delusional policy.

The teachers, staff, administration, and students of Bishop Chatard High School are family. We've had 2 children graduate and go on to great colleges with much success. We have 2 children there now who are being cared for during a very trying time in our family's life. No other place has opportunities like BCHS because of it's size and the academic excellence provided by caring teachers, staff, and administration. The block scheduling referred to in a previous post offers an entire hour per day for each class. More time for teaching, more time for reviewing, more time for students to complete assignments and ask questions during class time. BCHS is an exceptional choice for anyone wanting a solid, top of the line education for their children with the addition of amazing Catholic teaching immersed in every aspect of their school day.

Last modified Bishop Chatard High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12