Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter has been bullied all year long and nothing has been done despite the so called anti bullying initiative.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My daughter has an IEP but a high IQ, they group her with children of a different learning capacity instead of helping her learn in a different way at her speed. Then she gets bullied for the IEP and the school does nothing.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I'm sure there are good teachers here but we got a very irresponsible one and when I had to go over her to the principal she also blew me off.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They claim to foster these beliefs but they do not enforce them

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Yelling in the lunch room and letting them watch TV to passify them are not effective management skills.

My daughter has an IEP and is constantly bullied and called stupid by students. The teacher turns a blind eye or acts like it didn't happen even when other children were witnesses. I have heard verified stories of children standing on desks during class. These are 4th graders too not kindergarten. I am currently in the process of complaining to the board because of the lack of bullying prevention. It has gotten to where I cannot let my children ride the bus anymore :( and when i asked about changing classrooms the principal told me no. I came here from Noblesville thinking Carmel was the best of the best. I was so wrong, OPE doesn't live up to Carmel's reputation. This school operates much more like an IPS school

My son currently attends OPE. I have been more than impressed by the teachers and staff. ROAR behavior (character education) is heavily promoted and students are held accountable for their behavior. My son and his classmates are happy and I have observed this firsthand when I have been in the cafeteria for lunch and in the classroom. My son also participates in the aftercare program and the site supervisors are responsible and deal with issues in an appropriate manner.

Teachers and staff at Orchard Park are great, but that is where the greatness of this school ends. We moved to Indiana a year ago. My daughter has spent the past academic year at OPE. We have NEVER, in all of my children s years of schooling, experienced the level of bullying that we have at OPE. Kids have both physically and emotionally bullied my daughter. This is also, in my opinion, a rough school, especially considering it is an elementary. Fights are known to break out in the lunch room, and in general student behavior is lacking. Carmel Clay school district is excellent, but OPE is the exception to the rule. If you want the academic excellence if Carmel Clay schools, run, don t walk, from OPE. I would never again send my child here. Also, I would advise anyone considering this school to talk to substitute teachers that work within the district for their thoughts in OPE in comparison to all the other schools. My points are very in par with others observations.

Great school! Wonderful teachers. BEWARE ESE staffs are the after school care people who you think you can trust with your child but do unacceptable over the limits punishments, yell /scream at your child and embarrass the child infront of everyone. My child came home told me many times he is mistreated bc he was yelled at for playing around and timed out for the entire recess when he is supposed to have only 5 or six minutes limitatation for time-out. The ones in charge of his age group did not only possess no compassion about children but the impatience no one whi works with children should behave. I am taking this to the supervisors of all these staff members who tolerate such outrageous behaviors toward children. If any parents experience similar complains your child/children have been telling you, do not ignore because children might not have the memory capacity to recall all the hear or experience but repeated complains are signs of child abuse. This should not happen anywhere while parents are away from their children.

I love Orchard Park this is my son second year in the school. He has learned so much in the two years at Orchard Park. The teachers and staff are wonderful. We have one more child to enter Orchard Park and I really happy.

Last modified Orchard Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.