Orchard Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2014
Teachers and staff at Orchard Park are great, but that is where the greatness of this school ends. We moved to Indiana a year ago. My daughter has spent the past academic year at OPE. We have NEVER, in all of my children s years of schooling, experienced the level of bullying that we have at OPE. Kids have both physically and emotionally bullied my daughter. This is also, in my opinion, a rough school, especially considering it is an elementary. Fights are known to break out in the lunch room, and in general student behavior is lacking. Carmel Clay school district is excellent, but OPE is the exception to the rule. If you want the academic excellence if Carmel Clay schools, run, don t walk, from OPE. I would never again send my child here. Also, I would advise anyone considering this school to talk to substitute teachers that work within the district for their thoughts in OPE in comparison to all the other schools. My points are very in par with others observations.

Orchard Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2014
Great school! Wonderful teachers. BEWARE ESE staffs are the after school care people who you think you can trust with your child but do unacceptable over the limits punishments, yell /scream at your child and embarrass the child infront of everyone. My child came home told me many times he is mistreated bc he was yelled at for playing around and timed out for the entire recess when he is supposed to have only 5 or six minutes limitatation for time-out. The ones in charge of his age group did not only possess no compassion about children but the impatience no one whi works with children should behave. I am taking this to the supervisors of all these staff members who tolerate such outrageous behaviors toward children. If any parents experience similar complains your child/children have been telling you, do not ignore because children might not have the memory capacity to recall all the hear or experience but repeated complains are signs of child abuse. This should not happen anywhere while parents are away from their children.

Posted October 13, 2011
I love Orchard Park this is my son second year in the school. He has learned so much in the two years at Orchard Park. The teachers and staff are wonderful. We have one more child to enter Orchard Park and I really happy.

Posted May 06, 2011
Orchard Park is a wonderful school. Our children are in kindergarten and second grade. The teachers and administrators are very responsive and nurturing. Our children have been challenged academically and supported socially. We have one more child to enter Orchard Park and are excited to send her. We had very high expectations for the school and district. They have been exceeded.

Posted September 21, 2010
Our family has been so happy with our Kindergartener's experience so far at OPE. Her teacher is wonderful, the programs at the school are thoughtful and effective and we have a very happy 5 year old! I have heard nothing but good things in regard to the other Kindergarten teachers as well. Parents can be involved as they want to be and are encouraged to participate in their child's school experience.

Posted January 12, 2010
When we moved to Indiana 3 years ago I was afraid that we would not find a great school for my girls. They have attended OPE for the past two years. OPE has an exceptional choir program and other extracurricular activities for children that want to get involved. The office staff not only knows my children but when they call they talk to me like a friend of the family. I wish I had a school like this for my older girls. The youngest are in 3rd and 5th grade and the quality of education is second to none!

Orchard Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2009
This is a wonderful school. My son has learned so much. The principal has an excellent memory. Every time we see him, he knows our names and who our son is. The office staff is professional, friendly, and extremely helpful. The teachers do a wonderful job of teaching our son. He is so smart and it amazes me when he comes home with all the new things he learns. I would highly recommend this school to anyone with smaller children.

Orchard Park Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2008
Orchard Park's teachers and administrators are totally dedicated to their students. I agree that it is a positive thing, not a negative thing, that the office staff are involved in the kids' lives. They have the best interests of children in mind at all times.

Posted August 12, 2007
My son went to kindergarten there last year and we are getting ready for first grade next week. So far there have been nothing but positive things at this school. I think that it is wonderful that the 'office staff' get to know the students and know all of them by name. It's nice that they take the time to learn the 'trivial' facts of the students lives. I never got the feeling that they thought that they were superior. My son's classmate suffered a tragedy when he lost his mother in a horrific way and the staff at the school went above and beyond in helping him, his family and his classmates. My son had issues for part of the year and everyone went out of their way to help us get past it.

Posted September 06, 2004
All four of my children attended OPE. It is my opinion that OP staff did everything to meet the various academic needs of my kids. My children had different teachers throughout their OP careers, and each teacher was top-notch. Having volunteered heavily for the school, I cannot disagree more with the remark about nosey-ness/superiority among the staff. With such a large student body, I found it comforting to know that the office staff could identify by name and face each student. The quality of education, and the effort shown by the teachers to consistantly challenge the minds of their young students is second to none. Overall, OP is great! Teachers and staff should be recognized and commended for their love of their job and their students!

Orchard Park Elementary School
10404 Orchard Park Drive South, Indianapolis, IN  46280
(317) 848-1918
Last modified Orchard Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top