PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Calvary Lutheran School affords my children an excellent faith based education. The teachers are wonderful and I feel that they truly do care about each individual child. Mr. Renser, the principal, is engaged and knows many of the students by name. Class sizes are great and so are the extracurriculars. Before and after care is a huge bonus. I feel great pride in knowing my children attend school here.

We are very proud to say our kids are at Calvary. They care about their families and even have a couple families every week that they get together to pray for. My kids love the positive environment and the friends they have made there, and so do I. They get to do science experiments and even get to discect. I wanted an school where my kids could become leaders and become confident in themselves and I found the right school.

Calvary has been a blessing to my family. The teachers and staff are caring and work hard to encourage my children to participate in class, even though they have previously been resistant to doing so. The relationships my family has built with other families at Calvary have been wonderful as well. The parents of the school's athletic teams do a great job of cheering other kids on and rooting for each of them as a team. Our family has been very pleased with the academics as well as the extra-curricular programs. The fact that the school is Christ-centered has made a huge difference as well. While no one is perfect over there, I can feel confident knowing that those who are in charge of the kids share the Christian values that I do and things are handled fairly.

My son had been going to Calvary for four years. He has a learning disability and receives tutoring through the school. His tutor is fantasic and makes sure he succeeds. The smaller classroom size makes room for every child needs to get met. As for the teachers, I can't complain. Not every child and parent can love every teacher or the teacher's method of operation. That's just part of being in school. The values, standards, and academics at Calvary are great. The principal is very hands on and greets us every morning. He truely cares about each student. "It takes a village to raise a child" and I'm thankful that Calvary is in my village.

My son attends preschool at Calvary and I love the school, staff, and teachers. As a teacher myself, I know what a hard job we have. Calvary staff has worked with my son through his difficult transition from an at-home babysitter to preschool five days a week. He loves it now, and he learns so much.

I disagree with this being a good Christian school. My child has went to other christian schools that were not so egotistic about fundraisers and making money for the school. The Bible teaches you that material things don't matter. The academics are just okay at best. I really think for the quality of education that the cost is high. I know IPS students who are doing more than the upper middle school. The teachers are not as qualified as even IPS teachers.

I am a parent of a child who goes to Calvary Lutheran. My child has had enormous difficulty getting along with teachers and staff. My child is a diligent hard worker and used to working hard. However, there has been some occasions where I feel that the teachers could offer assistance on work.

I am a parent of 3 children from Calvary. It is a great school with academics, athletics and a great Christian values. I also attended Calvary as a child and never thought twice about where I would send my children or the education that they receive there.

Both of our kids have gone to Calvary since pre-K. The teachers are great. Nothing but good to say about all of them. Our kids really enjoy going to school at Calvary. They receive one on one attention when needed because of the small class sizes. Also great sport programs. Highly recommended. Come see for yourself.

A great christian school.The teachers are wonderful,highly educated and have great experience.My children enjoyed the loving yet desciplined envoironment as well as the various extra curricular activites and sports.Parents are very much respected and encouraged to get envolved with the classroom activities and to follow up on students progress. I highly recommend Calvary School to other parents.

Last modified Calvary Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8