Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted April 24, 2014
The Hasten Hebrew Academy is a great school composed of great teachers and students. Our former students come back year after year and tell us how much they miss this school. I have been a teacher in Catholic schools, public schools, and charter schools and I can truthfully say there are none better! If I were Jewish, and I wanted my child raised in my faith, there is no doubt that Hasten Hebrew Academy would be the school of my choice for my children.

Posted April 15, 2014
The Hasten Hebrew Academy is a special place. Our children receive an award-winning education in math, science, language arts, humanities, art, and music, while making time for study of Judaic subjects and the Hebrew language. The environment is conducive to learning because class sizes are small and the teachers come to know the strengths and challenges of each child. The Middle School is special because the children are taught according to ability rather than grade. This enables each of them to learn at an appropriate pace and alleviates social pressures because all three grade levels are mixed together. The future success of my two children will be in large part due to this school, its amazing teachers, and its incredible principal. The Hasten Hebrew Academy is making sure that our children are being educated and raised to be responsible individuals who know who they are and who self-identify as Jews in a largely secular environment. I encourage anyone with a Jewish background to check out this school for their Preschool/Elementary age children. I promise you won't regret it and I only wish I could have attended this school when I was growing up.

Hasten Hebrew Academy 4

Posted April 14, 2014
My school is a great school because it gave is ipads. My school can improve by letting us have more lunch choices.

Posted April 08, 2014
Hasten Hebrew Academy of Indianapolis is a gem of a school, Kdg -8th grade. Many times the classes and special programs are integrated amongst grades, so my kids have interaction with students younger and older than themselves. As parents, we love the special interest shown by teachers in our children. Many times my kids are given individualized homework, to make sure they're working at the appropriate level and being appropriately challenged. Small class size is a huge benefit to each student. The school also makes a big effort to remain competitive in sports, offering soccer, basketball and girls volleyball, grades 4-8. HHAI competes against other schools in the Indianapolis area independent school league. We are experiencing an excpetional secular and Judaic education for our 3 kids.

Posted April 07, 2014
Our school has Master teachers and has an especially strong science program. The foundation is the FOSS hands-on science curriculum and supplemented so that all the Indiana Science Standards are met. We also integrate the Common Core expectations and cross curriculum integration in Art and Judaic studies. Our classes are differentiated to meet each student's individual needs. Our students are using the latest technology as our 5th-8th graders have 1:1 iPads and use them in each class daily. Our small class sizes allow teachers to know their students and meet their needs. Our school is a wonderful blend of Judaic studies and secular studies. We are very proud of our school and achievements.

Posted April 07, 2014
My school is Hasten Hebrew Academy of Indianapolis and my son has been attending the school since pre-school. He is now a 4th grader. Hasten Hebrew Academy is a Jewish Day school that provides stellar Judaic and secular education from preschool through 8th grade. My son is thriving with the small classes and individualize attention. His teachers are very accessible. Technology is woven throughout the curriculum with access to computers in labs as well as the classroom. 5th thru 8th grader receive their own IPADS that they use throughout the school day. Included in the weekly learning, are Art, Music, P.E., Library and Technology classes taught by discipline specific teachers.

Posted April 07, 2014
My school meets or exceeds state standards for secular education and encourages collaborative study using the latest technology. Students learn to work together. Differentiation enables students to work at their own levels. The Judaic curriculum gives the students a sense of pride in their religion and a strong foundation for future Jewish studies.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have nothing but good things to say about the Hasten Hebrew Academy. The teachers are great and always helpful and they really try their best to make my kids as successful as they can possibly be. I have found myself in awe at times at how dedicated the teachers can be to their students and how passionate they are about their work. I'm really happy with the school and at times where I have thought about moving (to be closer to family), one big drawback for me has been the idea of not having my kids go to HHAI anymore.

Posted April 07, 2014
The Hasten Hebrew Academy is a treasure in the community of Indianapolis. Our principal is an outstanding educator who is respected and admired by her staff, the parents, and the students. The teachers are committed to each student being the best student and person that they can be. My kids have thrived in its loving and nurturing environment and also grown as students because of its rigorous academic standards.

Posted April 07, 2014
Wonderful preK-8 Jewish day school on the north side of Indianapolis. This school has excellent programs in Judaic studies, math, science, and humanities. Class size is small and students are given opportunities to explore their interests. Grades 5-8 work in 1-1 ipad program where students learn to organize and use technology as a resource for learning.

Hasten Hebrew Academy
6602 Hoover Road, Indianapolis, IN  46260
Last modified Hasten Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hasten Hebrew Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top