Posted October 11, 2014
To the post on 9/11/2014: This person does not have any facts to support their statement. HCS's SAT scores consistently rest at 200 points over national average. ACT scores an average of 5 points higher than average. The curriculum is hard, the discipline is strict, and they consistently graduate some of the most influential contributors to humanity and disciples for Christian fundamentals. Check your facts, people. There are those who attack simply because of hate with no real basis or substantiation. The teachers, faculty, and parents are involved and care deeply about these children and their mission. Everyone should be so fortunate to enroll their children here. If funding is a problem, check with administrators there and there are solutions. This is an exceptional school. It's not for the people who just want to get by, it's for those who want to THRIVE.
2 people found this helpful

Heritage Christian School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
Heritage Christian School is not a Blue Ribbon School, nor is it an Indiana Four-Star School. I'm not certain how they can present themselves as academically strong without any credentials to back that up. http://www.doe.in.gov/accreditation/four-star-schools In fact, this school is academically inferior to most of the Hamilton County public schools just north of it, as well as most of the other private (both religious and non-religious) schools in the Indianapolis area. Apparently, it's not just the name of this institution that puts "Christian" before "School". It would be wise to do some detailed research before choosing to send your children to this school.

Posted April 24, 2014
I have 3 children at Heritage Christian school. Two in middle school and 1 in elementary. The teachers are kind and always welling to go the extra mile to help a child succeed. There a host of actives aid at getting and keeping parents , students and staff connected. The teachers and staff truly care about each and every child. I am impressed with the curriculum as well.

Posted April 24, 2014
The best part about HCS are the teachers!!! My son has been at HCS for four years, prep K to 2nd grade. His kindergarden teacher would hug each child every single day as they walked in class. This school challenges the kids as well as let them have plenty of fun. The students are polite and orderly in such a surprising way. I once asked what the secret was and I was told, "we expect them to be on their best behavior and, so they are". I would proudly recommend HCS to anyone!

Posted February 23, 2014
We have been so pleased in the growth of our two children both spiritually and academically. We will have our third child their next year who will be attending middle school. The education they will continue to receive from HCS challenges them beyond what normal public education seemed capable of doing...teaching them to be better than just normal average students. They've started to become more confident, caring, compassionate and responsible young teens who look forward to the challenges school brings to them everyday. They wake each morning looking forward to going to school. They are eager to embrace their own paths in life and do so with a positive Christian core belief that one day they can and will make a difference in our world. We are truly blessed and proud that HCS is not only a great school solely for academics, but the athletic programs are simply amazing in every way. Our children not only have a chance to shine in the classroom, but they also can on the playing field as well. The coaching instruction given by a highly qualified and dedicated staff is first rate. HCS is making a difference in young peoples lives and we are very thankful our children attend.

Posted February 16, 2014
Having attended Heritage from fifth to twelfth grade, I wanted to address some of the issues raised in the previous reviews made by people whom I, quite frankly, doubt know the first thing about Heritage, its community, or its academic merits. Without further ado... 1) diversity- good luck finding ANY private school on the north side of Indianapolis that is not predominately white. It's the nature of the beast. You have to live with it. 2) quality of academics- If you are looking for a school that will place your student on the fast track to college, Heritage is a great choice, boasting nearly a 100% matriculation rate. Heritage alumni are currently enrolled in undergraduate programs at Georgetown, Brown, NYU, Notre Dame and Vanderbilt, and one alumnus just earned his Ph.D. from Stanford. 3) faith- students are asked to not only make their faith their own, but also learn to defend their faith in a world that will so readily confront them with alternate life stances. Like it or not, students are compelled to think critically about matters of religion rather than mindlessly drone on about the Sunday school answers.

Heritage Christian School 2

Posted February 05, 2014
As an alumnus who attended heritage for K-12 I left the school disheartened. Academically I was challenged and prepared, I was surrounded by teachers who cared and for the most part were good at their jobs. But the administration was terrible. I had 3 siblings graduate ahead of me and the way the school declined was tragic, the administration is in shamble. The bible department in the high school is troubling. The teachers were focused on teaching doctrine and not actually focusing on the students and their personal faith. Heritage is on the extreme end of conservatism were students who are gay face expulsion if there are even rumors of their sexual orientation. The environment created by the administration was not one of love and nurture, rather agendas and goals. I was fortunate and overcame it attending a top East Coast Universities where my faith was renewed after being so damaged by my senior bible teacher. I agree that the grade school is still excellent, but protect your older students.

Posted January 28, 2014
Heritage Christian is not a perfect school. It has it's problems, as does any school, but you will not find a more caring group of teachers and administrators who are truly trying to do the right thing for your kids. The academics are very challenging, and if you look at the average GPA and the SAT/ACT scores compared to other school throughout the state, you can se that Heritage students are more than prepared for the challenges of a college curriculum. As far as the Christian environment at Heritage is concerned, it is what a family makes it. Like any school, a kid can embrace the teachings, or he can do the minimum, not participate, and walk away with a less-than-satisfying experience. From our experience, the teachers are caring, giving, well-rounded educators who care about our child's Christian education and his preparedness to enter college. He is challenged every day, and is surrounded by teachers, administrators, and coaches who care about his soul as much as they do about his academic and athletic abilities. Consider having your child shadow for a day at Heritage. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posted November 06, 2013
I do not normally write reviews of this sort, but after I saw all the negative comments here I felt like I should. Heritage is a great school which provides a solid Christian education. I have only experienced high school here but it has been awesome. The teachers are great and truly care for the students while still providing a challenging education. The sports are slightly above average for a school this size. They have good seasons and bad seasons but no matter what they will challenge the athlete. I would definitely recommend this school to others. The only thing that I do not like about Heritage is their lack of school spirit. If kids had better spirit it would be that much better!

Posted August 09, 2013
We are a middle class family and we were at Heritage for 16 years. We had two students who went K-12 there. We are hard working, average people and I have to tell you that this is the best manner we could have chosen to spend our money for these past years. We have never looked back. The teachers are great, and the staff-they are what make the school. Our first child received a full scholarship to a highly ranked extremely academic internationally known Christian university (ranked #1 by US World and News Report for 5 years running for MidWest Liberal Arts Colleges). Our son received a full scholarship for engineering at a top ranked public university that is internationally known and demands the most desirable jobs on graduation. We were not a part of any 'network' at HCS. There are over a 1000 students at HCS and the handful of somewhat unhappy people have posted here. Take a tour, look for yourself and see what the hallways and students and staff look like for yourself. I am still astounded at the deep biblical knowledge that my adult children share with me and demonstrate in their lifestyles and attitudes and will comment they learned these prinicipals from their time at HCS.

Heritage Christian School
6401 East 75th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46250
Last modified Heritage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top