PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 21, 2014
The Childrens House is an AWESOME school. We are thrilled to be there and just regret that they don't have a high school!!!

Posted June 27, 2013
My son has ADHD. In kindergarten (at a "good" public school), he was told that he was a trouble maker, and his IEP team basically said their efforts with him would be useless without him taking medication. After a year of torture, we decided a change was in order. We found The Children's House, and my son went from dreading school, where he was mistreated by kids and staff alike, to loving to learn and never wanting to leave school. The Children's House has excellent teachers who give one-one-one lessons to each student. The kids make their own schedules based on the requirements they need to fulfill, and through this method, they learn personal responsibility. My son just finished first grade and is a great reader, knows all the bones in the body, and gets to do art every day. He learns at his own pace, while also being challenged to do more. Also, the school is not required to do ISTEP testing, so the kids learn much more than what is on standardized tests. We started our younger son in the preschool midyear. He, too, has had an excellent experience at the school. We would not consider sending our kids elsewhere. Need a great school? You need The Children's House.

Posted April 02, 2012
I started looking for a new school for my son while he was in kindergarten at a very well-liked public school. However, the long days with no recess/music/art/science became to much for my spirited learner. After a year at this school he has regained his confidence, began to enjoy learning and his independence and maturity has grown leaps and bounds. He has freedom but still has to abide by a schedule, can articulate his thoughts as well as any adult, and most of all, ENJOYS school. I'm not sure where we would be if we hadn't found The Children's House - here he has the opportunity to see musicals, participate in schoool plays (something only the older kids were allowed to do at his other school) and feels like an equal. It has truly made a remarkable difference in his learning and confidence.

Posted March 04, 2012
This school saved my son. When he started in the 4th grade, he had been hating hi previous school because of the confines of traditional school. At Children's House he grew into such a bright, caring, intellectual yet playful gentleman. He remained there throughout Middles School. Such a community of diverse, respected learners and happy teachers! If every school were like this, the world would be a much better place. I am so happy we stumbled across this gem of a school! It was truly a game changer for my older son, and our preschooler just started there and loves every day!

Posted May 06, 2011
A wonderful little school where every child is an individual. My son became a confident learner without labels.

The Children's House

Posted November 02, 2009
What a joy it has been to have my granddaughter attend this school. She has been in the school since preschool and I have always felt that the teachers were interested in her success. I chose the school because of the individualized instruction that each child receives. She has blossomed into a self assured young woman in a safe and caring environment. I am just sorry that the do not go through high school.

Posted September 08, 2007
Fantastic school! best kept secret in Indy! This place really fosters learning! It teaches children how to be independent and individualistic,

Posted February 10, 2007
So much better than normal schools! I wish they went all the way through high school. The teachers are fantastic with all of the students. I was so impressed when I visited the first time; teenagers who could look me in the eye and speak to me instead of mumble and look at the ground.

Posted November 04, 2006
The Children's House offers many activities including music, soccer, Spanish and Latin. Parent's can be as involved as they want to be so a parent uninterested in helping out is not required to do so. Children learn about independence much more then other schools because they are required to create their own schedules and they decide when and where they go. Children learn how to depend on themselves and if they slack and miss things there are consequences.

The Children's House 4

Posted September 15, 2006
Lots of opportunities for a child to thrive, however I witnessed a teacher/counselor who spent a lot of time surfing the net...unfortunately!

The Children's House