PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Baptist Academy 3

Posted April 24, 2014
I believe that ALL the teachers, as well as the staff and volunteers care about each and every child enrolled in Baptist Academy. I attended Baptist Academy back in the early to mid 1970's. They had the same caring attitude then as much as today. The education is superb after coming from a public school. My child did not have any homework until the second semester while attending a public school. That to me was ridiculous since he was in first grade and just learning how to do everything academically, or at least he should have been. He has attended Baptist Academy for three years and we have had no problems whatsoever with either the staff or the academics. I would recommend BAPTIST ACADEMY to anyone looking for a quality, Christian education with caring administrators and teachers looking for the best in every student there.

Posted September 12, 2012
Exceptional caring school that my son loves. The teachers go beyond teaching and help students in areas they need it most and go the extra mile with them to help them succeed. My son is in 8th grade and this is his 2nd year at Baptist Academy. He has had struggles all his schooling, but BA helps students strive to their best. I couldn't ask for a better school for my son to go to. I feel so blessed to have found this wonderful school.

Posted February 05, 2011
The education students receive at Baptist Academy is exceptional! The teachers are caring and many go above and beyond the call. Our kids are learning and being taught to think! I love the fact that teachers will actually pray with students and spend time getting to know them.

Posted February 01, 2011
Very good school. My son went there, and the teachers were very caring, and tried hard to work with parents for any problems or concerns. Regarding the parent that wrote about her child being "duct taped", I find this hard to believe, and even if true, that teacher (the Pre-K teachers) are all gone now. If you are looking for a reliable, God-centered school this is a very good option.

Posted October 22, 2009
I am a 2009 graduate of Baptist Academy, and I can proudly say that, after looking back on who I have become, I don't wish I could've gone somewhere else. Every school has its faults, and BA is no exception. But BA is a great school, no matter what anyone says otherwise. Of course, it is taught from a Christian perspective, and therefore certain rules are enforced such as dresscode and behavior--but these rules are reasonable and are designed to help students behave professionally and respectfully. Each student is treated fairly and appropriately--the teachers don't show favoritism. The academics are great--because of my SAT scores, I was able to get more than 75% of my college tuition paid for--BA's curriculum and teachers had a great part in that. If you are searching for a good place to grow intellectually and spiritually/morally, I would whole-heartedly recommend Baptist Academy.

Posted October 17, 2008
They challenge my son and they have a good sports program. They don't let my son slack off.

Posted September 26, 2008
Our children have been at the school for 2+ years and have excelled as they have outstanding grades and score extremely high on the SAT10 and ISTEP. The teachers are excellent and view their work as a ministry. Classes targeted for gifted/talented students and a stronger vision for the future of the school would add to quality of the education.

Baptist Academy 2

Posted June 11, 2005
The teachers at BA are extremely dedicated and caring individuals. Often they go above what is expected to ensure that a child grows spiritually, mentally, and academically. Academic subjects are somewhat limited, as are subjects in the arts. Sports and extracurricular events are highly stressed, sometimes to the detriment of the students, as cliques are formed and often encouraged by faculty. Spiritual leadership is strong and focused, if somewhat biased and narrow-minded. Parental involvement is highly-prioritized.

Posted April 29, 2005
I attended B.A. for a couple of years till i moved out of state. It was a great experience and a ton of fun. Everyone there is so nice to you.

Posted April 12, 2005
My son is in k5 and prior to b.A. He was at a private sitter, since aug. Of 2004 he has learned so much, its amazing. He is learning about god which is great. He is in a disciplined atmosphere which i believe young children need to be able to survive in this day and age. The teachers are truly concerned about our children and their welfare. They take the time to make sure our children get what they need to succeed to the next level of education instead of just pushing them through to the next grade without making sure they have conquered their goals to succeed. I would be happy to tell any parent that this school is what our children need for guidance and the right path for life. Great job baptist academy!

Baptist Academy
2565 South Villa Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46203
Last modified Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top