PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My boys are in their 1st year at Suburban. We transferred from Franklin Township Schools because I was unhappy with teachers and their level of commitment to the kids. We absolutely LOVE it here at Suburban. My boys are both sad the school year ended and cannot be here all summer long. The emphasis on their education by the teachers is such a refreshing change from their previous schools. The teachers are amazing at offering extra help to any child who needs it. They truly want them to succeed. I have and always will recommend Suburban to any parent looking for a school to help their child grow spiritually and academically.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are quick to offer help, either individual or group when ever it may be needed.

Amount of homework: Agree

They usually have time at school to begin working on homework. There has never been any night where I disagreed and thought it was excessive as I had at previous schools.

A wonderful school with an emphasis on spiritual growth and academic success. I would recommend to any parent who wants a thoroughly Christian education for their children. Thank you SCS!

Went to this school as a child between grades K4 9th. My parents loved the idea of a Christian education, as you likely do as well. However, this school really does a poor job of preparing you for the real world you will face as an adult. The level of adherence to legalistic rules and procedures (combined with vengeful enforcement) leads you to believe that Christians are just generally mean people, who don't share any of the values of the leader they purportedly follow and believe is in their hearts. In summary, I hope you seriously consider what kind of values you want your children to have as adults. If you want your children to be educated by poor, legalistic, and mean teachers who are just generally unhappy and unkind, then send your kids to this place. Personally, I am glad my parents wised up.

Staff isn't consistent with following through on the rules written in the handbook. Staff is also friends with students Facebook some make inappropriate comments. This isn't allowed in a public school nor should be it alllowed in a private school.

Great school for any age! The education is wonderful, the teachers are always striving to help the children be the best that they can be.

At SCS we strive to provide each student with an academic experience that is superior to what is available in the public school system. We use the ABeka Christian school curriculum for the majority of our classroom education. Elementary students also receive weekly education in music, art, and computer skills. In addition, students begin foreign language skills development in third grade by studying Spanish. Students are able to receive the individual attention that they need due to our low student to teacher ratio of 12:1. Our teaching faculty is comprised of qualified, degreed teachers who have an average of 15 years of teaching experience. We also have tutoring and help classes available. In high school, we offer a diploma that is equivalent to the Indiana Core 40 as well as a college preparatory diploma with honors level classes. Over 90% of our high school graduates attend a college or a university. I hope that you will prayerfully consider the opportunities that SCS can provide for your children as it has and did for mine.

Last modified Suburban Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12