No rating

Gray Road Christian School

Private | PK-5

Living in Indianapolis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $112,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Sweep tile

Posted March 7, 2005

I have 2 students at GRCS, one is in the preschool and one in the elementary. Our family loves this school! The teachers and principal are readily accessible to us. When one of our children was struggling in a subject, her teacher put in lots of extra time and work to find creative ways to help her master the material, and did a fantastic job of keeping in touch with us so that we would know exactly where our child stood. They are also taught to have good character and are learning the Bible. I see that some other parents have complained of being asked about deliquent tuition in front of others. We choose to pay on time, so I can't address that issue. I also notice complaints about teacher turnover. I am only aware of one class that has had a change of teacher during the current school year.

Posted March 7, 2005

It is interesting that there are 4 very negative reviews all in the same month from someone masquerading as different parents when there were 2 reviews in the previous 2 years... hmmm... this is likely the work of a disgruntled former employee whose employment ended close to that time... hmmm... don't believe it. We have both of our kids at the school and love it. The previous comment about extracurricular activities (such as sports) is fair, but parent involvement is excellent, the principal is absolutely great with the kids and parents, and the teacher quality is excellent. Out kids will definitely be back next year.

Posted March 7, 2005

Check out this school for yourself! They've got it going on! Gray Road has a loving, happy atmosphere with structure. The teachers genuinely care for the children. They love them and model God's love to them. That means so much to my family. (If my children are not with me, I want them with others who care about them!) The Administrator is very involved and concerned. She has alway made time and listened intently when I have had a concern about my child. I've been more than pleased with Gray Road. I praise God for Gray Road Christian School!

Posted February 14, 2005

I pay my tuition semiannually so I have never been approached about it personally. I do think that the education is of good quality and more advanced than most public elementary schools. The principal greets and hugs every student every day as they come in for school and my daughter's teacher genuinely wants to see her succeed. I don't believe there are enough extracurricular activities. They try to expose them to different things during the week...(i.e. music, spanish and art classes). I plan on sending my younger daughter there next year to get the discount on tuition. So far...no problems.

Posted February 9, 2005

As a parent, I would not send my child to Gray Road again or suggest the school to others. The administration is poor and shows favoritism to their 'favorite' parents. They did not seem to see my perspective at all and did not honor my privacy, as I was approached several times in front of others about my tuition. My child did not seem to learn anything extra and above and beyond that of a public school.

Posted February 7, 2005

I would never send my child here again! The adminstration is not very involved in the pre-school wing and does not understand the parents perspective! Their view is that 'maybe Gray Road just isn't for you.' I have seen too much turnover in staff because of the unhappiness in administration.

Posted February 7, 2005

This school is not a good school! The administration is poor and does not understand the parental view on their children. The teachers seem to constantly change and there is no firm foundation.

Posted February 7, 2005

Gray Road is not what it is cracked up to be. I was constantly approached in front of others about my tuition bill, which was a private matter, and the school did not allow parents to visit freely. I felt as if they had something to hide.

Posted February 23, 2004

My children have been attending this school for 6 years now & we are very pleased. The principle cares and is very active with everything as well as the teachers. My over all rating is a 5++. It is well worth the $ we pay! My kids are straight A students and they are learning about God. In public schools you can't even mention the word 'God' or you can get in trouble. Attending a Christian School is the only route for me!

Posted September 9, 2003

We love Gray Road Christian School! We love the teachers, we love the principal, we love it all! Our daughter scored 2-3 higher grades than her level, and her biblical knowledge was off the scale! We really love the fact that our daughter learns all about Jesus every single day and has chapel on Friday. We just can't say enough positive things about this school! It's worth it's weight in gold!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Multiracial 1% 4%

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (317) 789-4046

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5500 Gray Road
Indianapolis, IN 46237

Choosing a school in Indianapolis?

Planning a visit?

Download the school visit checklist

Download