Posted August 03, 2012
Our family has been part of the Gray Road family for years. We love it! We have been blessed with excellent teachers who appreciate our children for the unique individuals that they are and who challenge and help each child as needed. I knew this was a special place when I saw the principal outside in sub-zero weather walking children into school. Be warned though, this school only goes through 6th grade, and no matter what school your children move on to after that, it will never live up to Gray Road.

Posted August 03, 2012
Our child attends this school and he loves it! All of the teachers and staff that I have had contact with are very nice and clearly care about our child. We have always been given honest assessments of our child's progress and great attention has been given to our child's individual needs. The tuition is also affordable. Most importantly, we know that we are sending our child to a school where the name of Jesus Christ can be spoken and Biblical principles can be taught freely.

Posted August 02, 2012
My children love coming to Gray Road Christian School. One of my sons will be going into pre-school and the other will be starting K-5. They both are very excited, especially my 4 yr. old. He now gets to go to school like his big brother. We have truly enjoyed our experience with the school. The teachers and staff are amazing! And the teachers love and nuture our children while away at work. But most of all, Jesus Christ is the center of everything they do. Our family is truly blessed!! We are so thankful for such a great school to send our children too. The school is amazing!!

Posted August 02, 2012
We love Gray Road Christian School. My children are in 4th and 2nd grade and have attended since PreK3. Every year I think it can't get any better yet it does. My children are excited to go to school every day. Most days they do not want to leave. The staff is amazing. I only wish we didn't have to leave after 6th grade.

Posted August 02, 2012
Some of the teachers at Gray Road are wonderful, but many of them are ungodly and gossip about eachother and their students and parents. I have witnessed this firsthand many times.

Posted August 02, 2012
Something that I find very disturbing is that the prek students are allowed to roam through the building unspervised. I have volunteered many times and asked a wondering student where they were going all alone and they said "to the bathroom", which is out of sight from any teacher. I can't believe a school would allow this especially when the bathrooms are located near an exit of the building.

Posted August 02, 2012
Love love love Gray Road Christian School! I have had children in preschool all the way to elementary and was blessed by the staff. They provide a loving safe place to get a great education. The preschool teachers loved my children as if they were their very own.

Posted May 08, 2012
No extracurricular activities. No computer lab. Principal will tell you anything to get you to enroll and then make excuses for why she can't follow through with promises. Tuition is lower than others but they make up for it with all the fees throughout the year. Almost no technology. No recess during rainy or cold weather because the gym doubles as the cafeteria. If they can't play outside then they don't get to play at all.

Posted May 06, 2012
I will not be sending my child back to GRCS. The lack of communication in this school is appalling. There have been numerous staff changes without letting the parents know what is going on. My child had 3 different teachers throughout the year - as a parent I need to know who is looking after my child everyday! I found that in the preschool wing, the teachers put the children down for a nap as early as 12:40 when they can't go outside to play and don't wake them up until 3:00. At the beginning of the year I was told that the children didn't lay down until almost 1:30. On days I would pick my child up early, all the preschool teachers would be sitting together in the hall with no adults in the classrooms.

Posted October 01, 2011
Our son is in his fourth year, 1st grade, at Gray Road and we have been very happy with the education he has received. The teachers are attentive to each individual student and use different techniques to help each one maximize learning as well as promoting socialization and Christian values. Our son enjoys the hands-on learning opportunities that are available almost daily. Another huge bonus for our family is the availability of extended care before and after school. The before and after school care is flexible and can be utilized on a day by day basis unlike other programs where days must be pre-selected. The church leadership is available to parents and students for consultation regarding family issues and Christian principles related to daily life.

Gray Road Christian School
5500 Gray Road, Indianapolis, IN  46237
Last modified Gray Road Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Gray Road Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews.