Posted April 10, 2012
Our child attended Southport Presbyterian Christian School from preschool through 8th grade. We found the overall mission of the school to be Christ-centered. We knew staff members to be Christians seeking to grow in their relationships with Christ and praying daily for the school, parents and students. We were encouraged to see a Christ-filtered lens at the school for everything from activites to curriculum to choir and band to reading material and school musicals. The academics available at SPCS are superior and if students, encouraged by their parents, are willing to work and take advantage of all the education provided, a student will be very well prepared for high school and beyond. Our family found the transition to high school seamless. Last, and certainly most important, is the SPCS staff's sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit in sharing the Gospel with the students and at His prompting leading students to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our family has been richly blessed by God with Southport Presbyterian Christian School.

Posted March 16, 2012
SPCS is a loving environment. Our children are viewed as special creations from the hand of a loving God. We love our families and are very supportive. Staff meets for prayer time regularly. We all feel so blessed to be at SPCS.

Posted March 15, 2012
Southport Presbyterian Christian School (SPCS) is an excellent school that focuses on academics and character. The students who attend SPCS through eighth grade are well-prepared for high school. All students receive instruction and attention from caring teachers who help each child reach his/her full potential both academically and personally. As a teacher, I am privileged to work with such a dedicated, hard-working, professional teaching staff.

Posted March 14, 2012
The March 2010 comment below is obviously a parent with an axe to grind. It certainly has not been our experience! My three children have attended SPCS since the 2 year old class, and my oldest is in the fifth grade this year. SPCS teachers and staff have been a true blessing to our family. My chidren are thriving under their instruction, and because of small class sizes, receive individual attention and extra help when needed. The teachers are nurturing and work extremely hard to make sure that all of their students excel in academics (as you can see by their ISTEP record over the years), but are also vigilant in teaching Christan education and caring for others. I would recommend this school to anyone...preschool through eighth grade!

Southport Presbyterian Christian School 1

Posted March 25, 2011
Southport Presbyterian Christian School (SPCS) exhibits, in general, significant teacher and administrative weakness in the middle school grades. Academics are weak -- especially math and science. Children are targeted with uneven discipline. Children of politically connected parents are favored. Even the students themselves recognize the inequity of treatment by the teachers. The faculty and administration seem primarily for their own reputations rather than the development of the gifts of each student. Ironically, it is this very sin of pride that convicts them. Faculty emphasis on student homogeneity, compliant behavior, and group think results in "Stepford" children whose development is impaired at SPCS. Social development, personality growth, and independent thought are punished by the teachers and administrators. This is a great disservice to children whose full character, communication skills, social navigation, collaboration and critical thinking skills which are essential to their success in high school, college and beyond. Were we able to revisit our middle school choice for our child, we would absolutely not choose SPCS again. It was a grave error on our part.

Posted March 27, 2010
I think SPC is great. I don't think I could've sent my daughter to a better pre-K. I wish there were more schools like it. I recommend it for all. Great, great school, especially for the price.

Posted July 12, 2009
SPCS is a wonderful school. The teachers are absolutely amazing, and love God. You can really see this in their teaching.

Posted August 01, 2008
Our two children both attended SPCS and had a fantastic experience there. We have since moved out of state, and I can say with total confidence that there is not another school like Southport Presbyterian Christian School. We will never forget the eternal investment the teachers and faculty made in the lives of our little ones. Thanks to the wonderful Godly examples of the people at SPCS, our children came home everyday knowing how much Jesus cares for them. SPCS is truly a rare gem; to have the Christian foundation, the committment to academic excellence, and the resources to keep their programs competitive. May God richly bless SPCS for many years to come!

Posted May 17, 2006
My son goes to SPCS and I have been truly impressed with his growth. They maintain a Christ based foundation in the education. When he comes home a tells me what he has learned today, it will almost always involve a mention of Jesus. The foundation is being put in place by these wonderful teachers that will last a lifetime.

Posted March 31, 2005

Southport Presbyterian Christian School
7525 McFarland Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46237
Last modified Southport Presbyterian Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southport Presbyterian Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.