Posted April 15, 2014
We have one child at Sycamore starting from Kindergarten, and is now in Middle School. Overall, our experience at Sycamore has been very good. As a "twice exceptional" student, our oldest child required a small class size, personal attention from dedicated teachers, and a challenging curriculum. To date, Sycamore has meet most of his needs. He is growing in all areas (academically, socially, and emotionally) and has excelled within Sycamore's curriculum. I would say that the biggest weakness of Sycamore has been its lack of support services and awareness of the needs of the twice exceptional student, especially at the Lower School level. However, the school has addressed these issues with a Learning Resource Specialist and has worked with our family and our child's psychologist to address social/behavioral needs and issues. Also, the Head of Middle School has been a wonderful addition to the faculty and we've been very pleased with her enthusiasm and eye toward making the school experience an outstanding one. If a family is looking for a challenging curriculum and a positive environment for their academically gifted child, Sycamore is an excellent choice.

Posted November 24, 2013
We are so glad that we found Sycamore School. We started there in pre-K. Each year we say to ourselves - 'Wow! It cant get better than this.' And every year we are wrong. ALL of the teachers are amazing. The experiences associated with the school are fantastic. Sometimes I have to email other parents to corroborate that yes indeed our daughter held a nonpoisionous tarantula, bats were in the class room, or she drank whale milk. The kids are challenged at their indivudal level - differentiated instruction. It means my kid is not bored nor discourage but that she is on her academic tippy toes trying new skills, making some mistakes, learning from them, and learning about herself. Sycamore is about setting up each child to succed and reach their maximum potential. Kids shione in their respective strong suits be it math or science, or art, or social studies, maybe reading, maybe spelling, music, - the list goes on. When ever we have had concerns the teachers and staff have been available and willing to work with us. Check this awesome school out. BEST money I have ever spent. BEST investment in my childs future that will hopefully impact yours too when she grows up.

Posted January 23, 2013
This is our third year at Sycamore. My son is currently in Kindergarten and it's been absolutely wonderful. Prior to attending Sycamore, my son was in a typical daycare environment and was literally bored to tears. It was a tough financial decision for us to send him to Sycamore as the tuition is quite high (but comparable to other private schools in the area), but it is absolutely worth every penny. I am especially impressed now that academics are playing a more significant role (KG vs. preschool). My son is thriving and surrounded by kids like him. I would be very worried about sending him to a public school - I don't think he would do well there at all (what would they do with a child 2 to 3 grade levels ahead?). This school is probably one of the biggest reasons our family is staying in Indy. It's just that good. I wish that every gifted child could be in such an environment. The volunteering opportunities are great as well. We can sign up to volunteer to be a "math helper" (during my lunch hour!) or an "art helper" on Fridays. This is a great opportunity to see how great the teachers are.

Posted August 28, 2012
I have 3 step kids who all graduated from Sycamore, and now have a 4 year old in their preschool class. The school is amazing. The teachers are caring, and really challenge our kids. In my son's preschool class, there's a teacher along with 2 teacher aide for 17 students. The teachers along with the parents are very involved in the growth and education of the kids. I can't say enough nice things about this school. Would definitely enroll my future child (in my belly now) to this school. :-)

Posted May 24, 2012
I can't say enough about the support my kids have received from teachers and administrators. Every highly-gifted child should have an environment like this where they are truly educated with their peers. and not forced to stay in a classroom where the pace is boring to them.

Posted April 20, 2012
Our child has been at Sycamore since kindergarten. The school has exceeded our expectations both in academics and other areas. There is opportunity for all students to participate in a wide variety of activities. Our child is very happy here!

Posted January 13, 2012
Sycamore truly provides everything we were looking for in a school. We took a thorough approach when selecting a school. We sent our oldest to summer camps at the schools we were considering to get a first hand account of the students, faculty, staff and families in the different school communities. Sycamore is a warm, enviting, supportive and happy place. It was important for us to find a well balanced environment that went beyond academics, supporting art and music and also be competitive in sports. The curriculum provides regular field trips but also regularly brings in outside subject matter experts to help apply what they are learning to real world experience. After school activites also enable the students to either further their own interests or explore new ones. We feel very lucky to have found Sycamore.

Posted January 03, 2012
We are in our 4th year at Sycamore, with 2 very different children as students. Both of our children, 1 with exceptional twice-gifted needs and 1 "textbook gifted" child, are thriving at Sycamore. We've received support from the Head of School, from both Staff Psychologists, and from every teacher. The Staff at Sycamore know and love every hair on every child's head. They teach to every child differently, and ability grouping has allowed our twice-gifted child to thrive in her favorite subjects while receiving assistance with others. We've received stellar referrals to the correct therapists, and sometimes I wonder where we'd be without the experienced teachers who could see through our child's frustration, and bring out her abilities. "Enriched" is such a small word to describe Sycamore's curriculum. It's engaging and exciting. I am constantly amazed at not only what my children are learning, but in their ability to apply it to their lives. They teach children to be lifelong learners, to be responsible citizens, and to respect the novel ideas of others. It's an enlightened education and a wonderful community of parents, teachers, and administrators.

Posted December 07, 2011
Our child is in her second year in lower school at Sycamore and is thriving. She was previously at a public school which had wonderful teachers but extremely large class sizes, thus she was not able to get the accelerated curriculum that she needed. At Sycamore, she is challenged yet not stressed. She has peers who she can relate to academically as well as socially. The class size is 20 with a full-time aide, which offers much individual attention and differentiation. There is ample opportunity for the children to use creativity and problem-solving. Sycamore is a warm, welcoming environment. We are so fortunate to have this school in our community.

Posted November 10, 2011
We have had our kids at Sycamore for 5 years now and had a wonderful educational experience. Sycamore is the perfect place for my kids - who just love learning. The advanced and enriched academic program here is impressive - and it crosses the entire curriculum from math to science, art to music, etc. We feel like the teachers know our children extremely well and work with them to develop their individual potential. You can't beat the student-teacher ratio which we think is important. This is a great school - where kids go running into the doors each morning excited to learn.

Sycamore School
1750 West 64th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46260
Last modified Sycamore School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sycamore School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.