Covenant Christian High School 1

Posted July 02, 2013
They offer very few practical AP classes. The curriculum is rigid compared to the public schools. Grades are not recorded promptly. You may not know how your kids are doing until the end of the grading period. If you need a transcript for any reason, good luck trying to get the grades on it. Some of the office staff can be rude and excuse me for saying this so bluntly but I feel that if I am paying for my child to attend a school when we could have chosen to place him elsewhere, I don't believe I should be treated rudely by school employees. The kids do seem to enjoy the family like atmosphere with their peers. If the office staff and a few of the teachers were given a customer service class, like other businesses put their employees through, and things ran a little more efficiently in the guidance office, it would be much better. Some of the teachers and the office staff need to remember that the kids and their parents are customers, and that reputation can make or break any business, even a school. Improve the staff-improve the school.

Covenant Christian High School 2

Posted June 28, 2013
This school is ok. They don't offer many AP classes and if you transfer here during a school year you probably wont find matching classes so you may lose some credits like I did. The kids are for the most part nice to everyone. Some of the teachers are really nice as well. I think Bible classes should be optional or at least have a different option like "world religions" or something. It takes up credit time that you don't need for college.

Covenant Christian High School 2

Posted June 28, 2013
My daughter went to this school. The kids all get along pretty well. They do not have any AP classes available to freshmen, and they must wait until junior year her to take some of the classes that other schools allow freshmen to take, such as Biology. They do not even offer AP world at all, or any history/geography classes to freshmen at all. If you transfer your kids out of here they will be behind the kids at the public schools. They only offer Chinese and Spanish, so if your kid wants French or German you are out of luck. And trying to get updated grades here is a joke. no one records them in a timely manner, and it is next to impossible to get a transcript if you need one. If your kid isn't a jock or have musical talent, and if they don't quite "fit in", you may not like this school.

Posted June 20, 2013
As a CCHS class of 2010 graduate, I have to say that my time CCHS was without a doubt, the best 4 years of my life. The faculty genuinely care about their students both at school and at home. The classes are small which was fantastic for a one on one experience in class where truly no one was considered a number. The school doesn't feel like a school by the time you graduate. It really does feel like you are leaving family when you walk out of the doors on your graduation day. I can't recommend this school enough as it has provided me with a strong religious education that was both challenging and rewarding. This doesn't feel like school, it feels like family and it's the best place I could recommend sending a High School student.

Covenant Christian High School 4

Posted June 20, 2013
I attended this school for 2.5 of my 4 high school years and after leaving, missed it dearly. You develop familial bonds with faculty and grow in the positive environment. The only issue that I encountered was favoritism. Due to the area in which I was from, I was treated differently and often targeted. Many of the students came from the same area/schools/churches and have already developed strong relationships with the faculty. Cliques and exclusion are an issue. Overall, the curriculum, culture and faculty are excellent. -Class of 2011

Posted June 20, 2013
Part II: On the note of AP classes, while Covenant does not offer as many AP classes as some schools, I really do not see any issue. The non-AP classes are terrific! The AP classes that are taught are much better than other schools from what I've heard talking with my engineering peers. I strongly believe that many other school's AP classes strictly teach to the AP test and do not really teach the student the material. While this may result in a higher AP score, the students have a very small understanding of the course content at college where it is taught to Covenant s standards. As a side note, I do not believe in Freshman AP classes. NO freshman is intelligent enough to be taking actual college level classes (and if they are, they should be in college. Not high school!). More fluff AP classes look good on paper for a school but amount to very little in my mind when compared to Covenant s extremely high standards for all classes. Covenant is a small school and cannot offer a billion classes while maintaining its high standards. I can, however, guarantee that Covenant will leave any student who applies himself prepared for college and with a well-rounded education. GO COVENANT!

Posted June 19, 2013
I was a part time student at Covenant Christian, involved in the music department for three years. I also was able to do the Spring Musical this year and participate in a class for the SAT. The teachers here are amazing - they really connect with the kids, expecting excellence from them, teaching them with excellence themselves, and being true friends, confidants, and counselors. It is an amazing community that focuses the students on the Lord and on honoring Him through school and through life. Although my time there was limited, it was the greatest experience of my high school career, and has helped shaped me into a more confident individual focused on serving Christ!

Posted September 17, 2012
I graduated from Covenant in 2009. I am very happy to say that. The lessons learned and the knowledge gained from Covenant are second to none, specifically the Spanish program. I was virtually fluent by the time I graduated. In addition to academia, Covenant has a strong athletic program. I played soccer for 4 years and loved every minute of it. I felt as if I were a part of a second family. The school's community is amazing. When one family is in trouble or hurting, several others quickly come to help and support them. I would definitely encourage a visit to the school.

Posted September 16, 2012
We are on our 4th student at Covenant. I cannot say enough good about the school. It has truly been a blessing to my family. I have 6 children, & I am confident that ALLwill attend CCHS. Of the three graduates, all attend very challenging colleges on academic merit based scholarships. One will be graduating this year as a mechanical engineer from the #1 undergrad engineering program in the US. Another is on Dean's list in a very challenging nursing program. The other is a freshman Finance major & econ minor at the #1 liberal arts school in the Midwest. All are Spanish minors because the program at CCHS was so strong that they test out of much of the college Spanish curriculum. Two are also college soccer players. More than that, the Spiritual impact on these kids is priceless. Those teachers love them & their relationships are still strong. CCHS prepared my kids to own THEIR faith and be able to defend it intelligently and with confidence. It may be wrong, but wife & I covet our children's CCHS experience. The minute you walk into the place, you can tell it's different. God is there & He is doing a tremendous work. I have referred MANY parents to CCHS. I encourage a visit.

Posted September 16, 2012
Covenant Christian is more than a school, it's a community. The students learn to think for themselves and embrace their faith as their own. Students are encouraged emotionally about their faith but also are taught to be intellectual Christians. The teachers go out of their way to foster relationships and encourage the students. Even the office staff is amazing and know each student by name. The administration is on point and aligned with Christ's mission. This school is very special. It was an investment in our child's life that has been well worth it.

Covenant Christian High School
7525 West 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN  46214
Last modified Covenant Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Covenant Christian High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.