School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The mission of CFI is to develop a community of respectful, life long learners, who use inquiry, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, to be socially responsible contributors to a changing global society
September 22, 2012

Center for Inquiry School 2 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My children spent their first early yearsat this school while we lived downtown. Unfortunately we moved away from the district, but we have not forgotten how influential this school has been for us. CFI is a gem in the IPS and entire Indianapolis-area. The education is best described as creative, worldly, and non-conventional. It is an inquiry-based education, and allows children to seek out what interests them and does not judge, but emphasizes a true learning experience. It is not a one-size-fits all approach. We moved to Zionsville, which is one of the best school systems in Indiana (in theory). However, I have found that the education is very traditional, not very flexible, very competitive, and over-crowded. They also do not offer foreign language within the school day, something I feel is very important. That option is available before school, at a very high price. In addition, CFI is very open-door and allows for the entire community to be involved. We have not had that experience here, and miss the opportunity to really get to know teacher and parents. Improvement areas: physical surrounding (no green space) and limited resources because of IPS funding, etc.

Posted September 03, 2013
This school is perhaps one of the best school in IPS. My child has flourished and became a true inquirer since she began attending CFI. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Posted May 14, 2013
CFI is a jewel in the IPS crown. The curriculum is challenging and engaging. The 5th grade IB exhibition was amazing. Our daughter and her friends put so much thought and effort into their issues, I was blown away with the things they tackled. The teachers at this school are phenominal. They are responsive if there are questions or concerns and they know the kids really well. I've also been impressed with Mrs. Hunley.

Posted April 23, 2013
As a parent who sends his children to CFI, I can state without hesitation that the school has a wonderful sense of community. Communication with parents is outstanding, through online systems, parent-teacher conferences, and speedy replies to emails from our childrens' teachers. Every morning our children are greeted with smiling faces and kind words. We enjoy talking with other parents as we pick up and drop off our children. In regards to class size, I found the sizes to be no larger than some of the private schools we looked at, and in some instances, they were smaller. The principal is new, and may seem formal at first, but throughout the year she has proven to be very warm and caring, sitting with the kids during convocations and reassuring one of my children when he had a hard time saying goodbye to us one day. Our kids look up to her and love her visits to the classroom! I am very happy with our children's experience at CFI.

Posted October 02, 2012
I have been extremely lucky to work at CFI for 12 years. Throughout my time, I have been supported by amazing colleagues, administrators, parents, and community partners. The children I serve are passionate about learning and community service. CFI is more than a school, it is a family.

Posted September 11, 2012
We have had kids at this amazing IB school for 10 years, and it is nothing short of remarkable--rigorous, nurturing, diverse, arts savvy, project-based, eco-conscious, entirely focused on the whole child and launching them as inquiring citizens of the world. This is what public education should be.

Posted October 12, 2010
For five years, I was an at home parent. I've watched my daughter Kayla grow in many ways. I am so very proud of the growth she's already undergoing by attending CFI.

Posted October 09, 2010
It's a neighborhood school with an international perspective. CFI focuses on not just the 3 R's, but strives for well-rounded children who come well-rounded adults.

Center for Inquiry School 2 0

Posted October 21, 2009
This is our first year here. I think this school does a great job on student success. They really help each and every student succeed in all aspects of learning.

Center for Inquiry School 2 0

Posted October 21, 2009
The diversity, the teachers, the principle. What is there not to love. My kids love to go to school!

Center for Inquiry School 2
725 North New Jersey Street, Indianapolis, IN  46202
Last modified Center for Inquiry School 2 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center for Inquiry School 2 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top