Indianapolis, IN

Posted October 18, 2010
I have been stabbed in the back at my school just for having buck teeth...i hate this schhol!

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School 5

Posted September 15, 2009
This school is smaller and well rounded. It's one of the best IPS and I'm coming from Ben Davis.

Posted May 28, 2009
I have a daughter going to this school, this is her first year here and during her time here at the school has been extremely unpleasant. This school is out of control, the staff their has this 'don't care' attitude, and most teachers let the kids do whatever they want. Another thing, this school has way to many fight breakouts, this school is so unsafe. I'm not ever bringing my kids here for high school and I will not recommend this school to any parents seeking another high school.

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School 2

Posted January 12, 2009
I graduated from HOWE in 1990 and my son attended there 2006-2007. What a big difference...the kids are rude (parents need to get more invovled). I don't know how the teachers can even teach these days. I was there to visit with a teacher and the office was like a zoo (kids coming and going, loud and bousterous). Office workers seemed frustrated (even at me, the visitor). Maybe the parents should attend school with their children for one week, then maybe it would be a school again (well at least for one week). I wish and hope for the best to the teachers and faculty and to the children who really want to learn.

Posted June 09, 2008
this school is terrible. the kids don't know how to act. most of the teachers are so frustrated with the students that they are rude to the all the students, good and bad. the school is so gross, no ceilings, no tiles on the floors, lights just randomly hanging in the halls, bugs everywhere. and you never know who the principal is. the teachers and councilors have all these 'big plans' to help you out, and nothing ever happens. they just get your hopes ups. but that's IPS for ya!

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School 5

Posted November 20, 2007
For the students who are there for an education, this is an exceptional school. Academics, as well as sports, are supported to the highest level by students, teachers, facilty, and parents.

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School 2

Posted December 21, 2005
As a student of howe, I would say that our school needs an update. Our cafeteria, the food in the cafeteria, the hallways, the classrooms, the restrooms! There is so much that we could do to make our school better, and feel more like a serious school, instead of a low-class ips school.

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School 4

Posted September 30, 2005
There is not enough parent involvement, but the sports teams are very good. We have wonderful academic programs and our teachers are very good. We just need a little more discipline.

Posted October 19, 2004
The Deans and administrator make to quick of decision to expell children putting them in the system branding them a bad child without having all the facts of the situation and without hearing that child or parent side. Making a parent go through the process of proving they did not do this. They just put them out disrupting their education. They seem to just want them out on the streets.

Posted October 05, 2004
Howe needs to put more effort in discipline and the way these students dress and the fighting that goes on there and better lunches and still have 6th grade for next year.

Thomas Carr Howe Community High School
4900 Julian Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46201
(317) 217-1980
Last modified Thomas Carr Howe Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Carr Howe Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top