Public charter
Indianapolis, IN
After care: No

Fall Creek Academy 2

Posted November 08, 2013
My child started at this school during the 2012-13 school year. The board decided to fire the principal and some other staff and hired a fairly inexperienced principal. I have been very disappointing in the school this year. My child was bullied toward the beginning of the school year and the school has yet to implement a anti-bullying program as required by law. The administration does a horrible job of communicating with the parents - in fact I am still waiting on follow up calls for issues I have raised. There is no real culture of communication and report cards were my first indication of how my child was doing in school.

Posted June 10, 2013
I am a current student of Fall Creek Academy I have been going here since I was in the 3rd grade. In the beginning till I was in the 6th grade it was an excellent school that was before they fired the greatest principal. When they constantly changed the principals the school went into a spiral for the worse. NOW for the school year of 2012-2013 the administration thought it would be good to send the high school to trailers on Ivy Techs Campus. No it was a horrible experience they did not think everything through so when they did that it was a mess no stability anywhere. We had to change many teachers in only one school year less than a semester actually. Too many substitutes, barely homework, no structure, kids running around being disrespectful to teachers, College kids, and their fellow classmates. When we tried to change anything e administration chose not to hear what we have to say. Take it from a relic of the school I have tried to ay with this school because of the one on one and college but I cannot take it plus they messed up many transcripts if u do send you're child to FCA stay till their 6th grade year by the most do not send them their high school year. BS_Productions

Posted March 09, 2012
Fall Creek Academy has been a wonderful find, my son was on the verge of failing 4th grade, when we found Fall Creek Academy. After just one semester he made the hinnor roll and in 5th grade he finished at the top of his class. Now that he is in 6th grade he is doing just great, constantly on the A/B honnor roll. The Plainfield school system was failing my son and Fall Creek Academy is making him a better student.

Posted March 08, 2012
This school seeks to provide many opportunities to families wanting a small, personal environment for their children. I'm impressed with the school leader and the teachers. The school offers transportation when others don't. It provides after school programs AND summer programs. I like that the school pays for college classes for its high school students and buys the textbooks, too. Kids are graduating from high school with as many as 33 college credits. Wow! That's an entire freshman year of college paid for. This is a "best buy" for families.

Posted March 08, 2012
As a parent of a child that struggled in school...I am proud to say that he is striving and succeeding in all of his classes. He has made great new friends and has started to find confidence in himself . The teachers and staff are very caring of all students and know the strengths and weaknesses of every child. If you need to know that your child is going to have a great foundation for their future, send them here!

Posted March 08, 2012
My child struggles in school because of his learning disabilities. Fall Creek Academy has an outstanding Special Education team. Class sizes are smaller than the township school he came from and that's a huge bonus! I love the fact that I get daily and weekly communication about my sons progress...and he has made wonderful progress. I love the free tutoring that's offered after school. If your child struggles in school, is lost in a large classroom setting, or you would love a school that caters to your child's learning style....this is the school for you!

Posted May 25, 2011
I must say that going into this school I was optimistic that my child was receiving a top notch education by qulified educators, I can now only tell you how wrong I was. They promise a computer for every student untrue!! They promise high quality educators..not true, my daughters teacher left to have ababy and the "qualified replacement didn't even take grades, and the response I got when questioning is that "I can't be accountable for the time I wasn't there so we are starting over and wiping the slate clean. NO accountability at all. When questioning their grading scale I was led to believe that my child was doing excellent when in fact she was lacking and really needing help, that she was not given. I was then insulted repeatedly by them telling me I just didn't understand that they only report the 80th percetile and above all grades below are NC and when asking to have that explained was told they just weren't hitting those classes hard yet when in fact those were the classes my child needed help in most. I wasted a year of my daughters education doing nothing but letting her be bred to take ISTEP tests which in fact is ALL they study for. Embarrased that I fell for this.

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009

Fall Creek Academy 0

Posted January 13, 2009
I am a legal guradian of a student at this school and at this point, what I have witnessed in this school has't been very impressive. I have witnessed the current principle display little to no compassion for parents concern for issues that arise with their children in the school. There is what I have observed clicks within the school between the principle and some of the staff. This is not acceptable in that this 'click' ban together and do not operate according to the school's stated mission. At this point I am very displeased with the operation of the school's current staff.

Fall Creek Academy
2540 North Capitol Avenue #100, Indianapolis, IN  46208
Last modified Fall Creek Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fall Creek Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top