Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Truthfully this school doesn't even deserve one star it is worse than terrible and let me say I really urge parents not to send their children to this school, I'm honestly not sure if I've ever sent my kids to school that was worse than this. Place a zero tolerance for bullies let me tell you what that really means a Andrew J brown Academy it means we're going to allow the bullies to bully and the children that are getting bullied we are just going to pull aside and try to up their spirits sadly these teachers know there's nothing they can do with a lot of these kids so my children will not be going because I actually raised my children I love my children and parents if you do if you feel the same way about yours do not send them here school has been in session for you I'd say about a week now at this point and my children went about 4 days and trust me when I say that was four days too many I had a chance meeting with one of the staff members of the school if it was not for this staff member I would not have even have known about the school I voice my concerns and she told me I had nothing to worry about sadly that was a lie and if she is reading this I just want to tell her shame on you you knew better and you still made it seem like this was a good school and that my children was going to be safe I do not believe my children were safe there as I don't believe a lot of the children are going to be safe there so please parents find another school...

Eh.... eh....... ehhhhh...... eh ........ eh........ eh..... eh...... ehh...... eh ........ eh....... eh......eh..... eh....... eh........ eh ........

Too many changes and all the best teachers have left. Not a good school to be at this year...

If you want your child to be able to eat, pee or have a desk the first two weeks of school you may want to look elsewhere. Children have only fifteen minutes to eat which include transit time to and from cafeteria and collecting trays. If your child needs to pee outside of breaks you are told it takes away from educational time and your child is told no. Teachers are there one day and gone the next. No stability.

I have been associated with Andrew J. Brown Academy since it's beginning. One of the things I appreciate is the standards set by NHA, and carried out by its principal, Mrs. Wyatt. One thing I believe needs to be expressed is that it takes the parents, teachers, and students working in cooperation in order to ensure the educational success of each child. An older educator once said, "When a student fails, it is not the fault of the student." So the blames has to fall on those who have been assigned the task of teaching. A child's first teachers are their parents. Respect, honor, hard work, confidence, a love for people and for learning are established long before a child enters a classroom. The opposite of these is true also. One of the major faults of the US as a whole, is the fact that we vocally and openly asassinate the character of our leaders. I learned as a child, "A house divided against itself can not stand". We are quick to judgement and slow to mercy not considering that what we sow comes back sometimes in a bomper crop.

The demographics are incorrect for the 2012-2013 school year. The school is about 85% black, 10% Hispanic, maybe 2% white and less than 1% Asian/other.

This school has no sense at all . They do not have no morals or order . I was bullied and beaten and the principals did not even do anything about it .This school has a dean for every wing which is horrible . I have times where there were fights with students and teachers just watched . Mrs Wyatt is the worst principal ever..Ms Chris is the worst too, she took up for her cousin because her cousin and I had an argument. I had detention while her cousin had lunch with her . The teachers are too young and weak.They can even grade a paper without crying. 20% of the school has A's and those student dont have straight A's. This school is crazy and if you have your child go here then you are crazy and are going to have the worst time at AJB. I recommend Winding Ridge Elementary School of Performing Arts. i have just graduated from there and i have loved that school and will soon teach there ...

The principal is very mean and yells and does not listen to the dtudents

I taught at this school for several years. The students are allowed to disrespect teachers and other students with little to no consequences. Learning is compromised in every classroom due to behavior issues and poor administrative support. The enviromnent is unstable and unsafe.

I pulled my child from this school after the first semester, this school has no direction.

Last modified Andrew J Brown Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.