Posted August 28, 2013
If you want your child to be able to eat, pee or have a desk the first two weeks of school you may want to look elsewhere. Children have only fifteen minutes to eat which include transit time to and from cafeteria and collecting trays. If your child needs to pee outside of breaks you are told it takes away from educational time and your child is told no. Teachers are there one day and gone the next. No stability.

Andrew J Brown Academy 5

Posted July 23, 2013
I have been associated with Andrew J. Brown Academy since it's beginning. One of the things I appreciate is the standards set by NHA, and carried out by its principal, Mrs. Wyatt. One thing I believe needs to be expressed is that it takes the parents, teachers, and students working in cooperation in order to ensure the educational success of each child. An older educator once said, "When a student fails, it is not the fault of the student." So the blames has to fall on those who have been assigned the task of teaching. A child's first teachers are their parents. Respect, honor, hard work, confidence, a love for people and for learning are established long before a child enters a classroom. The opposite of these is true also. One of the major faults of the US as a whole, is the fact that we vocally and openly asassinate the character of our leaders. I learned as a child, "A house divided against itself can not stand". We are quick to judgement and slow to mercy not considering that what we sow comes back sometimes in a bomper crop.

Andrew J Brown Academy 3

Posted May 10, 2013
The demographics are incorrect for the 2012-2013 school year. The school is about 85% black, 10% Hispanic, maybe 2% white and less than 1% Asian/other.

Posted March 06, 2010
The principal is very mean and yells and does not listen to the dtudents

Andrew J Brown Academy 4

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted September 15, 2009
I taught at this school for several years. The students are allowed to disrespect teachers and other students with little to no consequences. Learning is compromised in every classroom due to behavior issues and poor administrative support. The enviromnent is unstable and unsafe.

Posted June 30, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
I pulled my child from this school after the first semester, this school has no direction.

Andrew J Brown Academy 5

Posted December 03, 2008
Andrew J Brown is a great school. I have two children in this school and I have been dealing with the school, teachers, and the principle very closely for almost four years. I think the school is doing a great job in teaching, disipline and one on one contact. I am proud to be a parent in support of AJB.

Andrew J Brown Academy 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I originally enrolled my son in this school to take advantage of their all dcday kindergarten. I have allowed him to stay because of his enthusiasm for attending the school. I believe this is because of the teachers and the principal, Mrs. Wyatt. I am somewhat concerened about the school's lack of services for children with Special Needs. My son may be gifted, and he is just put in with the group, without any accomadations. I did not enroll my older son because he is Autistic, and I have not observed any services that would be available to him. I am considering changing my son to a school that can deal with children with exceptional learning styles.

Andrew J Brown Academy
3600 North German Church Road, Indianapolis, IN  46235
Last modified Andrew J Brown Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew J Brown Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.