PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

My child was injured during his time at MIA and the school took no responsibity for his injuries. No incident report was filed and I never received a phone call. They went so far as to accuse myself of child abuse. If safety is your concern, look elsewhere.

I am the parent of a 4 year old. She started school at MAI at age 2 1/2 years old. When she started school she was very shy and lacked confidence...it has been amazing to see how she has grown in this program. Her teachers were so patient and encouraging. Excellent, excellent school, my daughter started reading at age 4, she is learning spanish (school has an excellent spanish teacher). Childern not only learn the basics but they gain self confidence and independence. Best of all my child loves to go to school and is excited to learn! Highly recommend this school! As a previous poster stated: the teachers not only know the childern well, they also make an effort to know the families. Can not say enough about how great the school is!

I am a parent of a 2.5 year old boy. My son is growing more than I ever imagined. He is working on phonetics sounds and numbers (not just counting but give the actual quantity). His verbal skills are advance. I contribute his growth definitely to the teachers at the school, and the evironment is well appointed for learning.

I am a parent of two children at MAI. I would encourage anyone interested in this school to do your homework! It is a nice school but the montessori instruction is lacking.

I am a parent of three children who currently attend MAI. My 18 year old daughter attended Montessori as a toddler where I was first introduced to Montessori. MAI sold me on their highly educated teachers abilities and and knowledge of Maria Montessori's vision. The materials on the shelf also tell a story of how accurate this school is following and keeping the tradition of Maria Montessori's goal to allow the child to achieve academic goals willingly and independently. Any parent who is familiar with the Montessori method of teaching will appreciate the goals and the ethics that MAI staff encourages and provides. I travel from Greenfield everyday because we are so happy with the progress, our children ages 2, 3 and 4 years, have made while attending MAI. I absolutely recommend all parent searching for a Montessori program, to consider MAI as it has flourished our children's developmental stages.

Extra curriculars are exceptional: music instruction, swimming, clogging, mosaic making, puppetry, West African drumming, natural science guest speakers and projects. Field trips and class cooking projects for Kindergartners.

Last modified Montessori Academy of Indianapolis is a Private school that serves grades PK-3