Posted May 02, 2009
I am the parent of a 4 year old. She started school at MAI at age 2 1/2 years old. When she started school she was very shy and lacked confidence...it has been amazing to see how she has grown in this program. Her teachers were so patient and encouraging. Excellent, excellent school, my daughter started reading at age 4, she is learning spanish (school has an excellent spanish teacher). Childern not only learn the basics but they gain self confidence and independence. Best of all my child loves to go to school and is excited to learn! Highly recommend this school! As a previous poster stated: the teachers not only know the childern well, they also make an effort to know the families. Can not say enough about how great the school is!

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis 1

Posted April 27, 2009

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis 3

Posted December 29, 2008

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis 1

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
I am a parent of a 2.5 year old boy. My son is growing more than I ever imagined. He is working on phonetics sounds and numbers (not just counting but give the actual quantity). His verbal skills are advance. I contribute his growth definitely to the teachers at the school, and the evironment is well appointed for learning.

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis 0

Posted January 17, 2008
I am a parent of two children at MAI. I would encourage anyone interested in this school to do your homework! It is a nice school but the montessori instruction is lacking.

Posted December 31, 2007
I am a parent of three children who currently attend MAI. My 18 year old daughter attended Montessori as a toddler where I was first introduced to Montessori. MAI sold me on their highly educated teachers abilities and and knowledge of Maria Montessori's vision. The materials on the shelf also tell a story of how accurate this school is following and keeping the tradition of Maria Montessori's goal to allow the child to achieve academic goals willingly and independently. Any parent who is familiar with the Montessori method of teaching will appreciate the goals and the ethics that MAI staff encourages and provides. I travel from Greenfield everyday because we are so happy with the progress, our children ages 2, 3 and 4 years, have made while attending MAI. I absolutely recommend all parent searching for a Montessori program, to consider MAI as it has flourished our children's developmental stages.

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis 0

Posted September 26, 2007
Extra curriculars are exceptional: music instruction, swimming, clogging, mosaic making, puppetry, West African drumming, natural science guest speakers and projects. Field trips and class cooking projects for Kindergartners.

Posted August 26, 2006
The past three years, we have watched our child develop in ways we could have never expected. We attribute her success to the calm environment, individual learning pace of each child, and most of all the low student/teacher ratio which has allowed for the teachers at the school to know our child. When a child spends 10 hours a day somewhere, it is critical that that child love the environment that they are in, know that attention is given to them, and that they are never left behind to have a chance to be bored or forgotten. The Montessori methods of teaching may not be familiar to everyone, but I can attest that our child has always been challenged. To further emphasize that point, our child showed visible changes in her academic skills within the first week of attending the school, at age 2 1/2. Now she is six.

Posted August 26, 2006
Our daughter was 13 1/2 months when she first began at Montessori Academy of Indianapolis. She was just getting started walking and beginning to talk. Now, a year and a half later, she has truly become her own independent person. We are seeing the qualities of a natural-born leader, someone who is confident in her own abilities, and has learned how to care about and to help others. Due to the special care and attention of the Montessori teachers and their methods of assisting, she is developing her potential and is enjoying every moment of it! We also notice that she is a global thinker. Her sentence structure is truly amazing. We find that she uses words that we as grownups often use, and even initiates conversations herself. I think the school is greatThe children truly do enjoy being in such an atmosphere. We are grateful for this facility!

Montessori Academy of Indianapolis
7507 North Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN  46268
Last modified Montessori Academy of Indianapolis is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Montessori Academy of Indianapolis Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.