Holy Cross Central School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
I love the school as I have family whom attend here but, I believe that for children with Individual Learning Plans, they need to have the proper resouces to teach the child(s) properly.

Posted April 26, 2014
In this, my first year as a teacher at Holy Cross Central School, I've occasionally asked where the hidden cameras are located. I've grown to love this school which often reminds me of a reality television program. As a veteran teacher, I am grateful to be part of a teaching team that continues to learn, problem-solve, research, study and experiment as we journey alongside students through real-life issues presented hourly: truth, honesty, beauty, ethics, morality, kindness, forgiveness, learning from mistakes, openness to God, and acceptance of others regardless of differences. Great efforts are made to teach today's students in relevant, effective, logical, contemporary, organized, and skillfully presented practices, methods and life-skills. Perhaps the most outstanding quality of Holy Cross is what happens behind the scenes. Staff members invest off-the-clock time, energy, skills and resources to reach, connect, teach and stay informed. Care is taken to creatively find and use the creative "flint" necessary to light the sparks to help facilitate this current generation of students along the path to becoming life-learners. The potential is great, but more flint is needed.

Holy Cross Central School 4

Posted March 01, 2014
This has been a great school for my son. The principal is very involved and super nice! We moved downtown from the suburbs and this is a great alternative to IPS. The only negative is I was told class size would be 20 at the most and now there are 27 first graders which is a large class, the teacher does have a helper though.

Holy Cross Central School 2

Posted October 31, 2013
I would not send my child to this school. There are some wonderful teachers at this school but the politics of this school are a concern. I think that there is a lot of room for improvement.

Posted July 08, 2013
I happen to be very pleased with Holy Cross Central School. The average tuition cost does not reflect the actual cost to parents. The school offers a wide variety of financial incentives to make the school affordable. My neices and nephews attend and receive the Indiana Choice Voucher to help pay for their tuition. As for ISTEP scores, the school has received an A rating by the state and no child left behind. A rating because the students are showing above average yearly growth.

Holy Cross Central School 1

Posted August 11, 2012
To be a private school charging $5000 to $6000 in tuition and showing the majority of your ISTEP scores falling below state averages is deplorable.

Posted June 25, 2012
Great place to send your kids. My kids love the school, the teachers and the principal. Thanks for making this a good place to attend. We love you.

Holy Cross Central School 0

Posted January 25, 2010
parents are involved more than some people

Posted July 09, 2009
My son has attended Holy Cross Central School for the past 4 years now. The teachers are very loving and very supportive when it comes to my childs education. I would recommend this school to anyone

Holy Cross Central School 0

Posted October 24, 2008
4 stars my children refuse to go anywhere elses, the grades and attention are amazing !

Holy Cross Central School
125 North Oriental Street, Indianapolis, IN  46202
Last modified Holy Cross Central School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holy Cross Central School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.