Posted June 11, 2014
I have 2 children at The Oaks Academy. My son is entering 4th grade next year and my daughter 1st grade. They have both been their since Pre-K. I cannot imagine a better school for our needs anywhere, under any circumstances. The most important thing to me is the classical liberal arts curriculum. I went to an expensive, private, liberal arts college ranked as one of the top institutions in the nation, and the education at The Oaks is superb. Even my counterparts who attended great private schools didn't get a better education. Secondly for me is the True Christian environment. The kids are taught the Scripture without being indoctrinated into a religious sect/denomination. The meaning of the Scriptures are not interpreted for the students, they are allowed to learn on their own. I work in nonprofit and my wife is a paramedic, so we get a lot of financial assistance from the school. It is still a large bill for us every month, but we will do whatever we need to in order to keep our kids at The Oaks. It is a completely unique school and highly recommended.

Posted November 18, 2013
Our child started at the Oaks in Pre-K and has loved every one of the six years more than the last. We have been truly blessed by the love and commitment of all the faculty and staff to our child's education and maturity. The Formation of Habits is nearly as critical as the Latin, Math, Grammar, and Humanities in our child's development and maturity. The Oaks' commitment to teaching Truth and Beauty in the context of a loving Creator enriches our whole family. We are engaged daily in our child's education, as it should be. The teachers truly walk the talk of the Oaks' educational principals: * All children are persons capable of the duty and delight of learning. * The formation and integration of healthy relationships with persons, ideas, the world and God is the rightful inheritance of all children. * As children engage in the act of thoughtful imitation they form the ability to examine, emulate and extend the beautiful texts set before them. * Children engaged in active learning form habits of mind necessary for lifelong success and maturity. We often wish we could go back to school all over again at The Oaks Academy!

Posted October 03, 2013
We are in our third year as a part of this school community. Although I am a sit back and observe kind of person(very shy growing up), the teachers, facilitators as well as other parents go out their way to include us and make us a part of the whole. Particpating with my child, knowing his classmates and teachers so well that we hug even after he has moved on from their classrooms. It can't be beat. The curriculum...is even more fabulous andencompassing.

Posted March 10, 2013
It breaks my heart that my children are no longer at the Oaks. We moved away from Indiana. The new school my children attend just does not compare to the Oaks on any level. The teachers are wonderful, the class sizes are not to large, the community of families at the Oaks are wonderful. The school truly partners with the parents in the child's education. The school even has classes for parent to help them to know how to help their children. I have not found another school like this. If you live in Indy this is the school to send your child. I wish I could :(

Posted September 13, 2012
The Oaks provides a strong education, and breaks with the current pressure on schools to prepare kids for tests and/or teach segmented topics. The curriculum is sequential and integrated-- for example, what children learn in literature, history, and the arts is all interrelated. Teachers care deeply for the children, and are vested in truly knowing the families they serve. The school's commitment to equity, faith, and social justice (as other have commented) shines through as well. Our family is very happy with our children's experiences thus far at The Oaks!

Posted July 17, 2010
My son has been at this school for 3yrs and it is great in every way. I truly can say I have no complaints. It is diverse, has great leadership, and provides an excellent education. As a Oaks parent you want to be involved just to keep the connection that you have with your childs education and the staff. Visit the school I Know you will fall in love with it just as i have.

Posted January 01, 2010
I love this school alot!!! I have been there for 4 years!!! I truly can tell that my teachers care about me.The teachers are great and are willing to work with you.If u are thinking about sending your child to this school , you should. Just come in and talk to adminastration. The oaks has sweet,loving and caring staff and faculty. Just know sending your child(ren) would be the best decision you made!!!

Posted May 22, 2009
All three of our children have attended The Oaks Academy, and we have been extremely pleased with the results. The Oaks is unique among private Christian schools in Indianapolis because of its classical education curriculum and its commitment to reach across racial and socioeconomic barriers. The focus on training children in good habits and good character also makes it stand out. The school has succeeded in providing a top-flight education to all its students, based on its annual Iowa test scores and ISTEP results. Its graduates are recruited by all the best Indianapolis high schools, including Cathedral, Park Tudor, Brebeuf, etc.

The Oaks Academy 0

Posted August 26, 2008
The Oaks is wonderful with caring teachers . We have been there for 9 years. We have had 4 kids there and I would highly recommend it.

Posted May 13, 2008

The Oaks Academy
2301 North Park Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46205
Last modified The Oaks Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Oaks Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top