Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of my teachers were very supportive and helpful. They always took time to sit down with me if I needed help and kept in contact with my parents. The teachers make sure that you are learning while having fun. It's a great school.

I love Decatur and say I went there with pride. It's a great community and provides a good education. The staff is very supportive and the learning communities cater to each individual student.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am the fourth generation to go to and graduate from Decatur and it is a great school. Good teachers and great academic programs.

I have had 3 children go through this school. I really like the small community set up. I wish the communities were defined a little more and had stronger personalities but still they help keep kids from falling through the cracks. More students are graduating every year. I also LOVE that more advanced classes are offered and more emphasis is placed on thinking about what they should do after high school. That next piece of paper is so important. The teachers are very helpful when asked to step up. The biggest change I would make is getting staff to participate in after school events to let the students know they are interested. This carries over from their STAR classes.

DCHS has tons of opportunities for kids to take that will get them ready for college, but you have to take the time to complete the courses, they are hard. I have had the best teachers in this school other than when i attended 4th grade. They are caring and if you take time out of your schedule they will help you. If you think your child shouldn't go here because of "bullying" I see no reason why. We have the best students who try to get a long with everyone, its the DCHS way. The best time of the year is football season, the whole school gets together to cheer on the hawks. I will always be proud to go to and to have gone here when I am older.

I've watched my child fall from being an honor roll student at Valley Mills to mediocre at the middle school to failing at Decatur High School. I have been very proactive in attempts to be the voice of change in parent/staff communication. I've fought to get a better homework/student/teacher program to replace Skyward, which is utterly worthless. I have been mocked and made fun of by teachers in my child's class, in front of my child and other students, for my efforts. I have tried everything I can to make positive changes for 4 very long years as I've watched my child slowly regress in this school system. The staff is jaded, immature, apathetic, and untrained in making good use of their resources. Its literally sad that a school system is allowed to continue to operate at this level. The leadership appears to be overwhelmed and unable to make changes where needed.

This school has one of the best teachers ever! They really focus on the students and them with everything they teach!

It's a good school. It's really good schools that helps you learn about journalism, art, technology, communication, and much more. It's should be really good school for people who look forward to be successful in their future.

The teachers are awesome and i like the way they teach.i think its one if the best school for students.

I've been going to Decatur for my whole life. I'm currently a junior. I'm failing because of the teachers here. Most of them do not even teach. They usually just had us packets or paper work to work on the rest the class. This semester I only have two teachers who actually stand up and teach. I would not recommend this school.

Last modified Decatur Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.