Indianapolis, IN

Blue Academy 1

Posted August 26, 2015
Spending over an hour doing homework with my 2nd grader(which he still struggles with) after he's been in school for a full day is not my idea of a good school or productive education. Why am I sending him to school if I have to do all the work? What are these lazy teachers getting paid for...babysitting? No wonder the highest ranking out here is a 5 out of 10...isn't that failing? Prime example: First week of school, I worked diligently with my son, just to help him adjust and make sure he was on track. I tested him every night, made him spell his words everyday and even verbally tested him(which btw was not required and took an excessive amount of time and effort on his part)...he passed with a B. The next week: I figure, it's a bit overwhelming and he also has chores, dinnertime, chilltime and bathtime to deal with before 930p. He should be learning and reviewing consistently in class anyway...he got a D. I have no problem helping my children with their studies but when it is obvious that the only true learning they are getting is with me, that just becomes ridiculous! If you're looking for a good education for your growing children, don't move to Decatur Township or send them to a Charter school. This school system is failing our children and ultimately failing the future of our country.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 26, 2015
They're either overwhelmed by their students or passive with parents. I've never met a teacher that genuinely seemed to love their job in this township.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 26, 2015
I am a firm believer in education but when it feels like I am teaching my children instead of merely reviewing with them, it is apparent that time is being wasted at school and in class.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
The schools in this District are concerned about the outward appearance and how they're seen by sites like this, not the student population as a whole.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
If you only celebrate holidays and teach history of the majority, that doesn't teach respect but encourages ignorance and intolerance.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
My children have experienced racism from other students and there has been no recourse. The students continue to be able to do whatever they want and this makes my student feel as if no one cares.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
I think this school promotes unfair treatment of students and a lack of understanding with regard to ethnicity.

Posted May 13, 2015
I'm a previous student here, but this school is the best school you could ever be at! The teachers are amazing if they are mean its just them not wanting us to fail. They guide you to the next steps of life and school! They definitely know how to teach, I've learned so much more than school is for teaching. This is definitely the school to be!

Posted January 15, 2015
The Blue Academy is a great school. They care about each and every student. The run a STEM program that promotes math and science to help children be prepared for their future.

Posted November 18, 2014
They really care about the children and their education. I am very pleased with the way they have helped my child

5650 Mann Road, Indianapolis, IN  46221
Last modified Blue Academy is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top