Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Spending over an hour doing homework with my 2nd grader(which he still struggles with) after he's been in school for a full day is not my idea of a good school or productive education. Why am I sending him to school if I have to do all the work? What are these lazy teachers getting paid for...babysitting? No wonder the highest ranking out here is a 5 out of 10...isn't that failing? Prime example: First week of school, I worked diligently with my son, just to help him adjust and make sure he was on track. I tested him every night, made him spell his words everyday and even verbally tested him(which btw was not required and took an excessive amount of time and effort on his part)...he passed with a B. The next week: I figure, it's a bit overwhelming and he also has chores, dinnertime, chilltime and bathtime to deal with before 930p. He should be learning and reviewing consistently in class anyway...he got a D. I have no problem helping my children with their studies but when it is obvious that the only true learning they are getting is with me, that just becomes ridiculous! If you're looking for a good education for your growing children, don't move to Decatur Township or send them to a Charter school. This school system is failing our children and ultimately failing the future of our country.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They're either overwhelmed by their students or passive with parents. I've never met a teacher that genuinely seemed to love their job in this township.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am a firm believer in education but when it feels like I am teaching my children instead of merely reviewing with them, it is apparent that time is being wasted at school and in class.

Develops character: Disagree

I think this school promotes unfair treatment of students and a lack of understanding with regard to ethnicity.

I'm a previous student here, but this school is the best school you could ever be at! The teachers are amazing if they are mean its just them not wanting us to fail. They guide you to the next steps of life and school! They definitely know how to teach, I've learned so much more than school is for teaching. This is definitely the school to be!

The Blue Academy is a great school. They care about each and every student. The run a STEM program that promotes math and science to help children be prepared for their future.

They really care about the children and their education. I am very pleased with the way they have helped my child

If your kids are good kids, they will do well here. If they aren't.....Well, you may need to be the room parent.

The blue Academy is the worst school my kids been in. Very few Teachers care about the kids. The princepal let's the kids get away with thing they should not get away with and yet he get's kids in trouble that did minor things. He does not follow thru with things that he told me he would do. I do not feel that my kids are safe in that school, and I do not trust most of the staff in that school. I feel like any of the staff will say anything just to keep me happy at the time and to get me of there back. I can not wait until we are done with this school. The only good thing in this school is the Band program.

Last modified Blue Academy is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.