Bad
Good

My daughter has been going to Thompson Crossing since Kindergarten and she LOVES it! She loves the teachers! She wakes up each day ready to go and learn. She is excelling in her studies and having a great time doing it. The teachers give you multiple ways to get in touch with them (which comes in handy when getting makeup work or when homework is "misplaced"). The principal Mrs. Brown is fantastic and she isn't afraid to get involved which I find very refreshing.

This school is awesome with very caring teachers and staff. My granddaughter seems to excell in many courses and her teacher goes out of her way to continually give more challenging work to her so she will not be bored. The only concerns I have are lack of parent participation and a slightly inadequate music program. The Christmas activities definitely need to be improved, but these are minor in comparison to the overall education experience the school offers. We love Thompson Crossing!

What a different opinion I have for my child than the March 17th poster! I'm so sorry your child had such a rough time at this school. My son has had a phenominal 4 years at Thompson Crossing so far. I can't wait for him to enter 4th grade next year! Every teacher my son has ever had, has been friendly, patient, easy to contact, and has always challenged my child to the next level. I find myself wondering at times if there could have ever been a better school in the township for him to attend! The young staff brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to after school activities and they are always ther! The concern I have is parent involvement. I wonder how much time the March 17th poster spent getting to know the staff at the after school activities?

This school is horrible! If you want your child to excel, this is definitely not the place for them. The children are not treated as individuals nor are their individual needs taken into account. My child was miserable at this school, cried everyday and hated going simply based on how he was treated by his teacher. After switching schools, he has excelled in every possible way and is back to being the delightful child he was before he went there. The thought of what could have happened to his overall emotional development by leaving him in such a place absolutely terrifies me. Leaving was the best decision this family ever made.

I would be be very interested to know how many volunteer hours the Dec. 15th posting parent has spent at Thompson Crossing. Thanks to Mrs. Brown, our new Principal, her staff and the volunteers at the school students are surrounded by educated, caring people.

My son was redistricted to Thompson Crossing last year and I have just fallen in love with it. Everything about it is great! His teachers have all been very wonderful. He is allergic to peanuts and the staff has taken great precautions in making sure of his safety. If he has struggled on anything, his teachers have always stepped right up to give him that extra help. I have nothing but good things to say about Thompson Crossing and our township.

This is my daughter's first year at Thompson Crossing (she's being shuttled over for the township's GT program). We haven't had any problems at all. The new principal is easy to get ahold of and we really like the way she involves the kids and their classes in the Monthly Team Time, where they can get awards for behaving well as a class. I also like the fact that they inlcude attendance as a factor in awards. It helps to show the kids that it's important to come to school unless you really are too sick to be there.

My daughter is shuttled to this school to participate in the township's GT program. We went through several interim principals last year, and communication was not good. However, we have a new, permanent principal, and I see continuous improvement. She is very approachable from a parent perspective, and she has implemented new ways of recognizing the children for good work, really building a team atmosphere at the school.

My daughter has attended TC for 2 years. I wouldn't dream of moving her to another school. The teachers are fantastic and really work with each child in the areas needed for improvement. They are a strong support system for our kids. I disagree with the Dec 15th post about a poor principal. Our principal is a blessing to have with us. She promotes a positive atmosphere and reinforces it daily. She has structure and control at all times. She will stand up for our kids at any second. Safety concerns are not a concern at all. My child and others I know have never had their safety at issue. She protects and loves our children like she is their mother. Thompson Crossing is a strong school and I send my child there every day knowing she will received the education and support she personally needs. Thank You TC!

Poor principal. Disorganized school with extremely poor safety.

Last modified Thompson Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.