Winding Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2014
I had two children attend this school. one in PK and the other in Kindergarten. Both of my children absolutely love their teachers and are excited and eager to go to school. The only thing that i do not like about this school is the lack of diversity. I also cannot stand these parents blaring their horrible music and smoking on the premises. There is never a police officer patrolling the cars that may speed so i almost got hit TWICE by cars that were speeding because they were late to pick up their child. But over all if you are lucky enough to get a great teacher you will love this school!

Posted March 31, 2013
I am proud to say that I have a child who attends Winding Ridge. They have a wonderful focus on the arts that has been great for my little girl. She is a second grader in Miss Gray's class and comes home talking about all the songs, pieces of art, dances, and hands on experiences she learns daily in class to understand new skills math, reading, etc. Her teacher is always challenging her and extending her learning at school and at home. This is what education is all about! Keep up the great work Winding Ridge!

Winding Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2011
I think it's a pretty good school. I heard bad things about it before, but now that my child goes to this school, it's really pretty good. The teachers care about the kids. My daughter is in the choir focus and she thinks the world of Mr. C!

Winding Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2011
ASST PRINCIPAL IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL! WE HAD A MEETING! AND HE TRIED TO TELL ME MY HOME IS NOT STRUCTURED! MY NEPHEW HAS BEEN DIAGNOISED WITH A FEW DISABILITIES! AND THERE IS NOTHIN THEY CAN DO FOR HIM! ITS THE PARENTS RESPONSABILITY! THATS WHAT THE FIRST YEAR ASST PRINCIPAL TOLD ME! INSTEAD OF WORKING TOGETHER HE ATTACKED ME!

Winding Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2008
Winding Ridge has failed the No child left behind act. The ISTEP scores are really low compared to schools like MT. Vernon. Their idea of placing a child with disabilities in a regular classroom is putting all the students in the same grade with disablilities in the same room no per say normal children. The school racial stats are incorrect. It honestly was a waste of time for K to go to ELC at Winding ridge because she lost more than she gained. My 3rd grader was not helped at all by the teachers. I am home schooling now because all my children learned was to cuss, fight, and be picked on at this school.

Posted June 28, 2008
My daughter loves this school! She will be starting third grade in the fall and started here in the first grade. The principal is truly caring and the teachers are wonderful and very creative with the children. I have always had a very open line of communication with her teachers and we have worked together to help her improve in certain areas. Some teachers even have a website which allows parents to check the weekly schedule and lets the parents know what the children have been doing. I have been able to email the teacher questions and get quick reponses. The school is fairly new and the office staff is very friendly. I love the fact that there is some cultural and religious diversity at the school and they teach the children sign language and Spanish, etc. All around a great school!

Winding Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted May 30, 2008
We recently moved from this school district due to our dissappointment with Winding Ridge. Our child was not challenged enough and was being held back. We moved to a top rated school district where we found that our child was actually a bit behind and some catching up to do. We are right on track now, but feel that our time at Winding Ridge was just idle. Nice building, but that's it.

Winding Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted May 09, 2008

Winding Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted December 21, 2007
nice building wasnt impressed at the instruction

Posted September 12, 2007
My son has been at the school since it opened and has learned a lot about leadership and self discipline. Both my husband and I have enjoyed the communication we gotten from the staff here. Whenever we've either had a question or a problem we've been able to get the answer to our satisfaction. Winding Ridge has A+ staff!

Contact Information

11825 East 46th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46235

School website

Winding Ridge Elementary School
11825 East 46th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46235
Last modified Winding Ridge Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winding Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.