Bad
Good

I am proud to say that I have a child who attends Winding Ridge. They have a wonderful focus on the arts that has been great for my little girl. She is a second grader in Miss Gray's class and comes home talking about all the songs, pieces of art, dances, and hands on experiences she learns daily in class to understand new skills math, reading, etc. Her teacher is always challenging her and extending her learning at school and at home. This is what education is all about! Keep up the great work Winding Ridge!

I think it's a pretty good school. I heard bad things about it before, but now that my child goes to this school, it's really pretty good. The teachers care about the kids. My daughter is in the choir focus and she thinks the world of Mr. C!

Winding Ridge has failed the No child left behind act. The ISTEP scores are really low compared to schools like MT. Vernon. Their idea of placing a child with disabilities in a regular classroom is putting all the students in the same grade with disablilities in the same room no per say normal children. The school racial stats are incorrect. It honestly was a waste of time for K to go to ELC at Winding ridge because she lost more than she gained. My 3rd grader was not helped at all by the teachers. I am home schooling now because all my children learned was to cuss, fight, and be picked on at this school.

My daughter loves this school! She will be starting third grade in the fall and started here in the first grade. The principal is truly caring and the teachers are wonderful and very creative with the children. I have always had a very open line of communication with her teachers and we have worked together to help her improve in certain areas. Some teachers even have a website which allows parents to check the weekly schedule and lets the parents know what the children have been doing. I have been able to email the teacher questions and get quick reponses. The school is fairly new and the office staff is very friendly. I love the fact that there is some cultural and religious diversity at the school and they teach the children sign language and Spanish, etc. All around a great school!

We recently moved from this school district due to our dissappointment with Winding Ridge. Our child was not challenged enough and was being held back. We moved to a top rated school district where we found that our child was actually a bit behind and some catching up to do. We are right on track now, but feel that our time at Winding Ridge was just idle. Nice building, but that's it.

nice building wasnt impressed at the instruction

My son has been at the school since it opened and has learned a lot about leadership and self discipline. Both my husband and I have enjoyed the communication we gotten from the staff here. Whenever we've either had a question or a problem we've been able to get the answer to our satisfaction. Winding Ridge has A+ staff!

Last modified Winding Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.