Indianapolis, IN
Students enrolled: 1,150
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center! We are the proud home of all freshmen students in the MSD of Wayne Township. Our mission is ensuring our students get off to a great start in high school and are on track to graduate. We are Ninth Grade Specialists and focused on helping our students grow as they transition to high school. We support our students with a vareity of strategies including our 7 career themed academies that allow students to work closely with their core teachers and monitor their progress. There are many connections to college and careers throughout our curriculum and the overall experience of BDNGC students. Career exploration is a purposeful part of our curriculum along with research on colleges and universities including a college field trip for each academy. We are proud of the results our building achieves reflected in the graduation rate of Ben Davis High School and Ben Davis University High School. Graduation rates for both schools have steadily risen since the Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center has been in existence.
December 5, 2014

Posted August 16, 2014
i went to this school and all in all i grew so much. i was ready to take 10th grade by the horns.

Posted August 04, 2009
Moving to Wayne Towhship has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. My children's grades are absolutely better because of the genuine concern from the teachers. It makes my girls want to push for excellences vs. just bearly making it.

Posted April 16, 2009
Very easy to egt frommm class to class and not many problems with teachers almost all of them are nice to the children and the parents!!!

Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center 3

Posted April 07, 2008
As a current student of the ninth grade center, I say that the school stands as an average. I think that the discipline area of the school as probably one of the best. As far as curriculum/ academics I think that they are good at giving one on one help but it gets pretty hectic when you re in a class with about twenty-some students. The staff is pretty supportive and takes time to see how your day is but academically, you have to be the responsible student and tell them you need additional help. I highly recommend the Ben Davis university team, your put on this team with kids who want to succeed and follow through with they re goals of what they want to become in college. I would give this school an average rating only because of the fights and problems that always seem to be reoccurring.

Posted November 21, 2007
this is a great school i have no regrets abaut choosing it

Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center
1150 North Girls School Road, Indianapolis, IN  46214
Last modified Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center is a Public school that serves grade 9
Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top