Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is essential to them understanding the concepts! It builds on the concepts of the day.

My experience at Collegiate has been great! The staff and Teachers are dedicated and invested in ensuring the girls are successful at academics and as scholars.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are very effective and dedicated. They work very hard at getting kids up to speed. The standardize test scores for Collegiate and Prep reflect this dedication! As a parent my recommendation is know thy child! If you have a child that has discipline problems at other schools Tindley may not be a good choice. They do sweat the small things because culture matters!

Collegiate is Terrible! Please go the other way........ The administrators are Horrible' Don't do it to your Children, you will regret it!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Administrators and teachers are unqualified and not credentialed in education alot of politics and nepotism

Amount of homework: Disagree

Children come home with way too much homework, and won't get finished until 9 or 10 at night with work

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No integrity here, a bureaucracy just focused on numbers not the needs of children the turn over is tremendous

This school is easily the worst experience of my life. The teachers never stay long, and when the classrooms with no teachers go disarray, the administration tries to blame the students. The amount of pettiness at this school is through the roof. The bigger the school gets the more depressing it is. I have never gotten an F until I went to this school. The CEO of the school thinks he's comfo enough with every student to call everyone negros and such things. I've never woken up and gotten physically sick about not wanting to go to school until I went to tindley. We don't even have a Guidance counselor any more.

I have a student at Tindley Coll and I am severly dissapointed, I was warned about the school but decided to give it a try because on the outside it seemed to be a good fit until we got in the thick of it and let me tell you this experience has been the most stressful and has surely been the reason for my risen blood pressure. My child has never had any discplinary problems thank God but she really couldnt understand the environment since she came from a very excellent district out of the state and they focused on high academics as well as social behaivors which any school should being that a strict curriculum wont help them in the real world when they move forward. The adminstratirs couldnt be more inept and I am still researching which ones actually have a degree and from where. Your phone calls will not get answered, you will be bombarded with pettyness and excessive ignorance and I never once felt I was apart of the school and dont you DARE think youre welcome because you wont get that in this atmosphere. I have volunteered in every school my daughters attended this has been the first school that i have never felt welcome. I thought this would be very different, im dissapointed

So my children go to the elementary school. Its new which means new teachers. First year teachers. Overall with MY teachers I am very and above satisfied! With administration I am extremely disappointed. I believe Tindley cares more about their school reputation and that the scholars follow THEIR rules more than that individual student and his or her needs. I also believe that if your child needs special attention this is not the place as I personally feel they can not support that need currently. They also have "high school" standards for very young children who have not reached that maturity level. However, when I do have an issue I address it immediately and respectfully and also in a way that I want to help make it better. That "what can I do to help" approach. It not just about the issue its about my kids and what they go through here. Generally, the issue is resolved. I do see the issue with teachers and them staying that is my biggest concern. I'm not sure how long we will stay at Tindley Renaissance. If they have any further administrative changes then we will most definitely leave. The future is to be determined :)

Last modified Charles A Tindley Accelerated School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.