Public charter
Indianapolis, IN
After care: No

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 1

Posted June 05, 2015
Collegiate is Terrible! Please go the other way........ The administrators are Horrible' Don't do it to your Children, you will regret it!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 05, 2015
Administrators and teachers are unqualified and not credentialed in education alot of politics and nepotism

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 05, 2015
Children come home with way too much homework, and won't get finished until 9 or 10 at night with work

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
They yell and scream at these girls all day long... no talking in lunchroom just a lack of respect

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
No integrity here, a bureaucracy just focused on numbers not the needs of children the turn over is tremendous

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 2

Posted December 21, 2014
This school is easily the worst experience of my life. The teachers never stay long, and when the classrooms with no teachers go disarray, the administration tries to blame the students. The amount of pettiness at this school is through the roof. The bigger the school gets the more depressing it is. I have never gotten an F until I went to this school. The CEO of the school thinks he's comfo enough with every student to call everyone negros and such things. I've never woken up and gotten physically sick about not wanting to go to school until I went to tindley. We don't even have a Guidance counselor any more.
4 people found this helpful

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 2

Posted October 08, 2014
I have a student at Tindley Coll and I am severly dissapointed, I was warned about the school but decided to give it a try because on the outside it seemed to be a good fit until we got in the thick of it and let me tell you this experience has been the most stressful and has surely been the reason for my risen blood pressure. My child has never had any discplinary problems thank God but she really couldnt understand the environment since she came from a very excellent district out of the state and they focused on high academics as well as social behaivors which any school should being that a strict curriculum wont help them in the real world when they move forward. The adminstratirs couldnt be more inept and I am still researching which ones actually have a degree and from where. Your phone calls will not get answered, you will be bombarded with pettyness and excessive ignorance and I never once felt I was apart of the school and dont you DARE think youre welcome because you wont get that in this atmosphere. I have volunteered in every school my daughters attended this has been the first school that i have never felt welcome. I thought this would be very different, im dissapointed
3 people found this helpful

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 4

Posted May 14, 2014
So my children go to the elementary school. Its new which means new teachers. First year teachers. Overall with MY teachers I am very and above satisfied! With administration I am extremely disappointed. I believe Tindley cares more about their school reputation and that the scholars follow THEIR rules more than that individual student and his or her needs. I also believe that if your child needs special attention this is not the place as I personally feel they can not support that need currently. They also have "high school" standards for very young children who have not reached that maturity level. However, when I do have an issue I address it immediately and respectfully and also in a way that I want to help make it better. That "what can I do to help" approach. It not just about the issue its about my kids and what they go through here. Generally, the issue is resolved. I do see the issue with teachers and them staying that is my biggest concern. I'm not sure how long we will stay at Tindley Renaissance. If they have any further administrative changes then we will most definitely leave. The future is to be determined :)
2 people found this helpful

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
I hve watched this school go from exceptional to average. I hve 3 scholars in Tindley schools. I love the level of academic rigor, love that they teach kids personal accountability, very disappointed in teacher attrition. "Do not teach/wrk at Tindley" is the talk around town. "You will get fired in 3 wks" is the running joke! Teachers are not always dismissed due to underperformance. It's Tindley's way or the highway regardless of your ability to provide good academic instruction. It's the NORM for scholars to have 3-4 different teachers per year in more than one subject. 85-90% of the teachers are 1st yr TFA'ers who are there to fulfill their contract. However after a grueling indoctrination many realize they want out! This has lead to the decline of academic instruction. Yet the level of rigor and expectation is still high. This means a lot of frustrated kids who are not performing because they haven't been taught. Admin solution scholars are made to stay at school until 5pm then 7pm and mandatory Saturday & Sunday school. I have one graduating and one entering as a freshman. Not sure if we are staying. Quality teachers are the backbone of any school without them...
5 people found this helpful

Charles A Tindley Accelerated School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
Go the other way. There are so many other college prep school, that not only care about the success and reputation of their school but also about our youth. Young men everyday are subjected overbearing administrators, who have proven time and time again to care more about their school's reputation than helping to turn around young men and women who may need time to adjust to an accelerated culture, connection with a mentor and/or tutoring. Tindley is quick to find a way to get your child out and will leave you desperate and hopeless. Don't be discouraged and if your child has even the mildest behavior problems run as far as you can from this school. As a parent, there's no avenue to connect unless you belong to what seems like a "clique" or group of families that all know one another. Those are also the families who are helped to succeed if added help and support are needed. I am unsure how this school has a 9 rating, when very few educators in the community respect its administrators. The teachers are great, but get them alone and even they don't agree with the fa ade Tindley projects.
8 people found this helpful

3960 Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN  46205
Last modified Charles A Tindley Accelerated School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles A Tindley Accelerated School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top