Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School 4

Posted August 03, 2014
exactly what ILCS has done for them, the colleges they were accepted to, the college they chose to attend and what types of scholarships and grants they received. Most of the seniors at ILCS already have many college credits and some are already working at a job that is a start on their career paths. ILCS is really an exceptional school, I understand that everyone has a different experience and this one is mine. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to have a very bright and promising future! (I have a total of 4 reviews that make up my entire review)

Posted October 29, 2013
TERRIBLE SCHOOL!!!! I have been to many public schools and had to change this year...thinking that because it was a charter school it would be decent, well....the answer came quickly. They lost my 4th grade daughter 3 times and didn't know where she was and the bullying there doesn't get dealt with at all! Her grades are slipping and she tells me that the teacher tells her to sit back down when she doesn't understand something. There is no real help there if the students need it. The nurse gave my daughter medicine w/o asking me or letting know she did and sent her back to class also she threw up one day at school and they did nothing about it nor did they tell me! Terrible school and I hope it gets shut down!

Posted December 20, 2011
I would recommend this school to anyone I know. The teachers and principals are very much involved in the future of these children. They offer a lot of extracurricular activities that keeps the children even more involved. I walked down to hallway to my daughter's class and on the lockers were notes on almost every locker that said I will graduate from college. I am so happy that I chose this school to help guide my child.

Posted August 31, 2011
My children attended this school for three years and every year the schools staff claimed that things would be different . The school is not getting any better, there is a lot of bullying, back talk, and out right disregard for the rules by a lot of the children. The rules are different for different children,not inforced. As far as the adminastration and staff goes I feel a lot of them are only there for a pay check. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 20, 2011
I think ILCS is one of the best schools ever! I really love the over academic curricular and the school made AYP. The high school is in a class of it's own. The small classroom settings, the laptops given to the students, and even the dual enrollment with Indiana University. I am so glad I chose ILCS for my children. The only lacking factor is the parent involvement.

Posted May 06, 2011
This school is awesome. ILCS has a no bully policy and I think they stick to it. My children like their teachers and they are also learning beyond their grade level.

Posted April 15, 2010
This School is nothing. They promised my daughter alot of stuff but never happen. and they said that they will get her a bus by now and it is the end of the school year.I am the one who has to drive her to school everyday when they had promised her a bus and we live far away so it is alot tigher on me. i would have never allowed this to happen if they could not have picked her up i understand they coukd have told me and she would not being to this school in the first place. but now i know she will not be coming back here at all.!

Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
this school has alot of problems! kids are bulling , back talking , etc . no one is doing anything about it .it is a mess picking up , or droping off . you almost get hit eather way . the teacher's do not care what goes on as long as they get paid . the principle will not do anything ! you would think this is vages. you no what happtions there stay's there ! this is my daughters last year .

Posted March 09, 2010
My child has been at this school for 2 years. To be very truthful I love her teacher she does ger job. I am really tired of the kids getting bullied. Really what does a parent have to do to get through to a school. The principal is always to bust to help the parents. This will be my daughters last year here. I cant believe some of the stuff these poor kids have to go through. they say 0% tolerance that is not true either. My child has been bullied for the past 4 months and the school has not done anything about it. I would not tell anyone to bring their child to that school.

Posted March 08, 2010
This is one of the worse schools that my child has ever been too. I have not yet seen anything in the school that I'm pleased with. My childs teacher does not have control over the class, and the students talk back, and they try to pick on my child and the school does nothing. I have never met the principle and I had to figure out who she was by myself. She and from what I have seen she does not do a good job, because I have called her about several different incidents about things going on in that school, and I have not ever recived a call from that principle. I think that IPS is a much better school system than this school. Charter schools really need to be checked out before you send your children to them, its not everything its cracked up to be.

Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School
1780 Sloan Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46203
Last modified Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12
Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.