Bad
Good

My daughter graduated from this school she was the second set of children to graduate from this school the staff was great

Develops character: Strongly agree

They taught the children about the real world. Took the children to field trips that were realistic

exactly what ILCS has done for them, the colleges they were accepted to, the college they chose to attend and what types of scholarships and grants they received. Most of the seniors at ILCS already have many college credits and some are already working at a job that is a start on their career paths. ILCS is really an exceptional school, I understand that everyone has a different experience and this one is mine. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to have a very bright and promising future! (I have a total of 4 reviews that make up my entire review)

TERRIBLE SCHOOL!!!! I have been to many public schools and had to change this year...thinking that because it was a charter school it would be decent, well....the answer came quickly. They lost my 4th grade daughter 3 times and didn't know where she was and the bullying there doesn't get dealt with at all! Her grades are slipping and she tells me that the teacher tells her to sit back down when she doesn't understand something. There is no real help there if the students need it. The nurse gave my daughter medicine w/o asking me or letting know she did and sent her back to class also she threw up one day at school and they did nothing about it nor did they tell me! Terrible school and I hope it gets shut down!

I would recommend this school to anyone I know. The teachers and principals are very much involved in the future of these children. They offer a lot of extracurricular activities that keeps the children even more involved. I walked down to hallway to my daughter's class and on the lockers were notes on almost every locker that said I will graduate from college. I am so happy that I chose this school to help guide my child.

My children attended this school for three years and every year the schools staff claimed that things would be different . The school is not getting any better, there is a lot of bullying, back talk, and out right disregard for the rules by a lot of the children. The rules are different for different children,not inforced. As far as the adminastration and staff goes I feel a lot of them are only there for a pay check. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

I think ILCS is one of the best schools ever! I really love the over academic curricular and the school made AYP. The high school is in a class of it's own. The small classroom settings, the laptops given to the students, and even the dual enrollment with Indiana University. I am so glad I chose ILCS for my children. The only lacking factor is the parent involvement.

This school is awesome. ILCS has a no bully policy and I think they stick to it. My children like their teachers and they are also learning beyond their grade level.

This School is nothing. They promised my daughter alot of stuff but never happen. and they said that they will get her a bus by now and it is the end of the school year.I am the one who has to drive her to school everyday when they had promised her a bus and we live far away so it is alot tigher on me. i would have never allowed this to happen if they could not have picked her up i understand they coukd have told me and she would not being to this school in the first place. but now i know she will not be coming back here at all.!

this school has alot of problems! kids are bulling , back talking , etc . no one is doing anything about it .it is a mess picking up , or droping off . you almost get hit eather way . the teacher's do not care what goes on as long as they get paid . the principle will not do anything ! you would think this is vages. you no what happtions there stay's there ! this is my daughters last year .

Last modified Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.