700 students|Herron Charter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 13, 2015
Mr. Benzel, he has a very likable personality and if you do not understand something he will re-explain it differently that before and will keep working with you until you have mastered the skill.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 13, 2015
They get some bad ones now and then but they don't last long usually not even a semester before getting fired.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted December 13, 2015
They hold the student accountable and not the parents for everything from homework to arriving on school on time, unlike many schools.

Herron High School 4

Posted December 13, 2015
I love this school, however Latin should be an elective as students should have the option to choose what language they would like to learn. Personally I would like to learn Spanish, which is not even offered, as it is needed for nearly every job you can get. Additionally the electives are very limited to the arts; theatre, painting, music. Having more electives would be great, other than that this school is awesome.

Posted December 02, 2015
Herron has been wonderful! This is my son's first year (9th grade) at Herron and he already feels he is part of a great community of learners. The teachers at Herron really do care about each student. They challenge students appropriately, but guide them while encouraging independence. My son has become involved in many before and after school clubs and activities. They offer so many that it was difficult for him to choose. The times offered before, during, and after school to receive extra help and complete classwork really lightens students' loads at home. I'm sending all my children to Herron!

Posted July 29, 2014
My daughter would have been thrown away , if not for Herron high school. After being pushed into algebra as an eighth grader at her public MS/HS, she was failing in algebra before she even got to high school. Herron had her tested and we had our first case conference, all within two weeks. She went on to take four years of math, take many AP and college courses, and graduate with honors . She is beginning her Junior year at Ball State University, studying film. Herron taught her SO much more than math... They literally saved her life. Cannot thank them enough!

Posted July 29, 2014
Herron High School has offered my son and my host son from Mexico a great learning environment upheld by character development and values. The faculty are second to none. They knew my son's strengths and areas for growth.

Herron High School 4

Posted May 31, 2014
I've been at Herron since my freshman year and I'm now currently a junior (soon-to-be senior). There are some aspects of Herron that I love and some aspects that I hate. Firstly, the majority of the teachers are all great at what they do and are very knowledgable in their subject. All of the teachers I have had strive to make us better students, as well as better people. I think that students who complain about the rules haven't experienced the "real world". I currently have a job so I understand the importance of a uniform and being on time. Herron is trying to prepare us to be above-average citizens. I do, however, think that the way the administration goes about giving demerits to students is disrespectful. The administrators strut around the school pointing out any minor flaws and then make a point to embarrass the student for it. Also when it comes to teasing or bullying, I've noticed that it's been towards religious people most of the time. I understand that everyone has different opinions, but on multiple occasions, I've seen religious people be criticized and teased for what they believe. Herron prides itself on its equality, but from what I've seen, it hasn't been so.

Herron High School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
You get in trouble for everything here and it's ridiculous. I hate it here! Ugh

Posted April 28, 2014
Herron is a wonderful school with top notch faculty and administration, a safe environment and a multitude of opportunities for children to grow into world class citizens within a culture of acceptance and openness.

110 East 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46202
Last modified Herron High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herron High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top