Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Neutral

We just started going here. I have heard some mess going on already though. We will see how it goes

The only reason I came here was because I heard so much about Mrs. Cummings. Let me tell you she lives up to all the hype. She is great. The other administration people though well I am not sure they even do anything. They are rude and do not seem to care about the kids. There are some great teachers and not so great. We will see how this year goes. My cousin just started working there. He came there because of Mrs. Cummings to. He said if she leave he will leave too. There has been a lot of mess this year already.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I did not enjoy going here didn't like the teachers they didn't make me feel welcomed

Amount of homework: Disagree

They give you packets of work that won't get graded most if the time it maybe even thrown away

(LONG BUT I PROMISE ITS WORTH IT!!!!!) I moved districts, and didn't want to attend ips because I thought it was terrible I promise you to choose ips over this school. I attended for 5 months, and I learned nothing here I feel like I lost IQ points, In math I learned nothing literally if you didn't finish the packet of homework you could write down random stuff and get the same points as everyone else who did the assignment. In Science I understood nothing the teacher was saying because English was his second language and his accent got in the way (I by no means am trying to offend anyone.) In Language Arts I had one teacher for reading and writing I still don't know which class I was in when I was in his class. When In lunch you don't get a choice on what you eat and I promise you the only choice you het is disgusting the smell of the food is disgusting. The food isn't even cooked at the school which is worst its cooked at IMSA south. Now imagine a room that is 6x7 ft wide, now imagine everytime your child did anything wrong instead of getting disciplined by the teacher (by using there words.) the teachers just send them to this room where they sit in the floor a wait for the principal to release them and any amount of children can get sent there at anytime causes remember this achool is k-8 grade. Also one last thing I attended this school in 2015 and my friends went there for there last year and told me a few things have changed but not much has. So you choose if you want your child to assist this school.

Develops character: Neutral

I don't know if this school has developed since I left maybe it has maybe it hasn't

I like this school. Mrs Cummings is amazing. She is the assistant but should be the principal. She is understanding, calming and gets things done. If I have any issues, I can count on her to help in anyway she can. My son is in middle school this year. The teachers my son has this year are great too. I really like Mr. Orazco. They have lots of after school activities. When I come in the building, Mrs. Zeno in the office always has a smile on her face. My son got in a little trouble this year and his grades were dropping. Mrs. Cummings talk to him and his teachers worked with him to get his grades up. They really care at this school and it shows. If I had a complain about this school is that the PTO is not very good.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school as a character education class. How much do our children need that in today's society?

I don't know why these reviews are stating that they do not have textbooks. This school as plenty of textbooks. Although, aren't we as a society trying to go to more online and blended classrooms with technology? This school has excellent curriculum, teachers, support staff, and administration. They go above and beyond for all their students and families. They have after school tutoring that is FREE! They even have after school clubs that are free as well. They do home visits just to see how our family is doing. They take lots of field trips to make sure the students get real life experiences. I have nothing bad to say about this school. Keep up the good work.

DO NOT send your student to this school. Classrooms do not have textbooks or do not have enough for every student. Students cannot bring home a science book for fear some students will lose theirs. How are they supposed to learn?! When kids gets papers back they are not graded for correct work but effort. Corrections are supposed to be made during class periods and most of them are spent with some teachers yelling, kids getting pulled out, and presentations that aren't explained. At the start of the school year they were still painting, back to school night was unorganized, agendas were not passed out for more than a month. There are multiple unlicensed teachers in classrooms and students receive copious amounts of homework that do not get genuinely graded. I don't know how any child is to get help when these policies are not explained. A large group of students spend a lot of time in the office for trouble and they make it hard for other children to get any information. The administration is not present and many of the kids don't know who their principal is or the assistant principal.

Last modified Indiana Math & Science Academy - West is a Charter school that serves grades K-8