Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 13, 2016
Mrs. Cummings, we have heard a lot about you. We have spoke to you a few times already this year. You were kind and did what you could to help us. Thank you

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2016
We just started going here. I have heard some mess going on already though. We will see how it goes

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 3

Posted August 13, 2016
The only reason I came here was because I heard so much about Mrs. Cummings. Let me tell you she lives up to all the hype. She is great. The other administration people though well I am not sure they even do anything. They are rude and do not seem to care about the kids. There are some great teachers and not so great. We will see how this year goes. My cousin just started working there. He came there because of Mrs. Cummings to. He said if she leave he will leave too. There has been a lot of mess this year already.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 19, 2016
Most the students don't respect each other and there is a lit of drama there

Grateful to: Student

Posted July 19, 2016
I felt bullied by a girl at the school but I didn't really speak out I should have but I didn't have the guys

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 19, 2016
I did not enjoy going here didn't like the teachers they didn't make me feel welcomed

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 19, 2016
They give you packets of work that won't get graded most if the time it maybe even thrown away

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 1

Posted July 19, 2016
(LONG BUT I PROMISE ITS WORTH IT!!!!!) I moved districts, and didn't want to attend ips because I thought it was terrible I promise you to choose ips over this school. I attended for 5 months, and I learned nothing here I feel like I lost IQ points, In math I learned nothing literally if you didn't finish the packet of homework you could write down random stuff and get the same points as everyone else who did the assignment. In Science I understood nothing the teacher was saying because English was his second language and his accent got in the way (I by no means am trying to offend anyone.) In Language Arts I had one teacher for reading and writing I still don't know which class I was in when I was in his class. When In lunch you don't get a choice on what you eat and I promise you the only choice you het is disgusting the smell of the food is disgusting. The food isn't even cooked at the school which is worst its cooked at IMSA south. Now imagine a room that is 6x7 ft wide, now imagine everytime your child did anything wrong instead of getting disciplined by the teacher (by using there words.) the teachers just send them to this room where they sit in the floor a wait for the principal to release them and any amount of children can get sent there at anytime causes remember this achool is k-8 grade. Also one last thing I attended this school in 2015 and my friends went there for there last year and told me a few things have changed but not much has. So you choose if you want your child to assist this school.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 19, 2016
I don't know if this school has developed since I left maybe it has maybe it hasn't

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 20, 2016
Miss Zeno is always friendly and helpful. Mrs. Cummings is always helpful and understanding. Mr. Orozco is a great teacher.

4575 West 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46254
Last modified Indiana Math & Science Academy - West is a Charter school that serves grades K-8