Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 2

Posted June 22, 2014
My son attended on two separate occasions , for kindergarten and 2nd. I thought id give them a second chance because public school in our area doesn't rate well and my son has ADHD. Way too much homework he could not even keep up . He literally did homework from the time he came home until like 8 pm. They lost his homework binder at school and gave him An F for all assignments in it! I can't follow him to school , help my son ! It's on his IEP to have assistance turning homework in ! And they never let him make it up. I had to transfer him back to public so he would pass 2nd grade

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 4

Posted November 14, 2013
my school is a good school with amazing teachers. It also has great extra-curricular clubs to extend learning opportunities.

Posted November 14, 2013
IMSA South is a joke. The school opened and most of the teachers had no books, no computers, and no phones in the rooms. Smartboards were installed incorrectly and weren't working even when computers were delivered. Teachers had to figure out how to trouble shoot and get everything up and running, as there were no IT people on staff. Enrollment changed on a daily basis, with very little prior notice. Kids just showed up to class and teachers had to add them to their list. It wasn't like teachers could receive an email due to the fact that there were either no computers or there was no internet connection. The dismissal procedure left much to be desired. To say it was chaotic would simply be too kind. Construction on the rooms should have been completed prior to opening, but it wasn't. Picture kids trying to learn in a classroom with LIMITED resources (translation for many teachers even into the fourth week of school: no books); no air conditioning, no screens in the windows, and contractors coming and going repeatedly out of the classroom. Let's not even mention the aimless, unorganized curriculum and discipline policies.

Posted August 31, 2013
No one should allow their children to attend this school. They treat kids like adults and they and focus on holding back your children for no reason.

Posted January 20, 2013
Honestly, do not send your child to this school if you truly value their education. The teaching is substandard and lagging behind other schools. The teachers do not know how to control their students and the classrooms are chaotic. You are wasting valuable time if you send your child here.

Posted April 25, 2012
IMSA West is terrible. Look at the news stories on this school. A dean was fired for illegal touching, they suspend students for simply talking in class, and they have no technology. Terrible decision if you put your children here.

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 3

Posted April 18, 2012
I would also like to add that 2 of my children attended this school. One in kindergarten and one in 8th grade. My kindergartner is still attending and I am pleased with the elementary side and his teacher.However my 8th grader really disliked the middle/high school side.I finally thought it was best to withdraw him from IMSA West after his 3rd week of attendence and after I began to see that my child was very unhappy there..I was hopeful that this would be a good school for him, but I witnessed a lot of unacceptable behavior and disrespect to the teachers/students/parents.Too much class time was spent on behavior issues instead of teaching.I think IMSA West has potential to be a great school but discipline should be taken more seriously (like they promised in the beginning). I am a real parent and this review is my honest opinion based on my true experiences.

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 5

Posted February 02, 2012
I am i ninth grade student and i love this school. The teachers are very helpfull and willing to help you with everthing and everthing. Everyone is treated fairly and there is never anyone left behind. There is a real diversity at school. We have teachers from Bosnia and from Russian and Haiti and Turkey. I am enjoying learning new cultures.I am enjoying learning the Turkish language which you can not find in other schools in indianapolis. I am just glad to be here and i am going to graduate from this school. Imsa West! Hands down.

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 5

Posted February 02, 2012
I am a ninth grade student currently attending IMSA. i love this school, it offers so many opportunities for college resumes. I am currently in many afterschool activities such as science olimpiad and turkish olimpiad. My turkish teachers are great, they treat me very fairly and speak great english. My science teacher is very helpful and willing to help me whenever i need it. we have very diverse teachers. I am currently learning turkish language, which you cannot find in many other schools in indianapolis. I am very glad to be here and i plan on graduating from this great school with high academic honors. I love IMSA.

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West 4

Posted February 02, 2012
I am a 10th grade student of IMSA ive been attending the school since its begenning and i can honestly say that with every year that passes The school gets better and better.IMSA is a great school it has excellent classes and the staff is phenomenal when your at imsa you get a feeling that your teachers really care about you imsa offers somthing different than most schools, IMSA offers an education unparalled by any other high school we do not have a large campus but we make up for that with advanced classes and technology as well as a multitude of interactive and educational field trips.

Contact Information

4575 West 38th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46254

School website

Indiana Math & Science Academy - West
4575 West 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46254
Last modified Indiana Math & Science Academy - West is a charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Math & Science Academy - West Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.