Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
The history, math, and english teachers are the bomb! They do an excellent job! If they left the school I wouldnt know what to do!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
No students treat other students poorly, and this is because it doesnt count as bullying. The school needs to take some more control and try to prevent gossip.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 09, 2015
They try to promote anti-bullying, but their tactics are lacking. They had a speaker come in and talk about bullying. If it was done by a student it would have been more effective.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 09, 2015
The school tries to promote honesty, and fairness. Sometimes they dont do the best job because they pull us out of class to sit through a talk.

Posted May 27, 2015
The school year ended on a good note for my child. All in all he was able to accomplish what needed done to complete his 5th grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 27, 2015
This is to reflect one teacher only. The special education teacher is outstanding. I can't say enough about how this lady went beyond the call to assist my child.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 27, 2015
I had concern with a particular teacher, not the staff or other teachers, that she was unable to discern children with an IEP and those not requiring one, being able to complete assignments or interact the same way.

Hoosier Academy - Indianapolis 2

Posted April 24, 2015
I will be honest, K-12 in Indiana is not the greatest with the Hoosier Academy. Of course they could have improved a little in the past two years I suppose. I found that it wasn't so flexible for your child to learn at their own pace, and stuck to a pretty restricting schedule. Your child has core classes to attend on certain days, and they might have two different times to select from to join the live virtual class in order to keep attendance up with their teacher. Also, if your kids need help, as in asking your teacher something, they are NOT always available, and you might have to call repeatedly before they contact you back. We had my oldest son in a K-12 program in another state that was outstanding, more flexible truly, for you to adjust your child's learning activities to meet your family's needs much better than the Hoosier Academy allows for. I was under-impressed, and overwhelmed with the way Indiana had structured the K-12 platform, verses what my child had been doing with K-12 public school before.

Posted March 19, 2015
I love this school. The teachers are great and very helpful. The staff is great and helpful. There are very few problems and they are minor ones. I recommend this school to everyone. (I put a detailed review on the Hoosier Academies Virtual School page about this school. Oops)

Posted March 09, 2015
I am very pleased with this school. My child started 9th grade it first it was confusing, but ones you understand everything it is very easy. I have not had a problem with kmail and teachers were quick to respond, and the teachers were concerned with student sucess in offering one on one help and extra practice class sessions. This is a lot more than what my local brick and mortar school would have done. I also like that parents can be more involved I can see all my childs assignments , which means no missing assignments. Also my child struggles in Math and with k12 the live class session are recorded so if my child is struggling with a concept we can go over and review the session as much as needed. My child is learning more and is enjoying school.

2855 North Franklin Road, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Hoosier Academy - Indianapolis is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoosier Academy - Indianapolis Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top