Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 18, 2016
Hoosier Academy is a WONDERFUL school. I, as a student of the virtual school, have developed more then I could have ever in a traditional Brick and mortar school. I haven't had anything but kindness from teachers. We have fun, but LEARN. The teachers do this, because they want us to succeed. THEY WANT. They really do. There will be from time to time when a teacher isn't very good at responding, but doesn't that happen in a brick an mortar school? YES. I went to a brick and mortar school through my first semester of 7th grade. I then switched to Hoosier Academies. I left due to my old school's inability to allow me in higher classes, and severe bullying. When I came to Hoosier I was able to test into 9th grade classes, skipping 8th grade. I, now in 9th grade after skipping 8th, am going to graduate 2 years early because I was able to, with the help of my counselor, find a way for me to get ALL requirements and Graduate wit an Honors Diploma in 11th grade. I'm succeeding so much... growing. I want to be a doctor, and I will be one. This school gives me the ability to grow and learn with little limitations! :D

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
The history, math, and english teachers are the bomb! They do an excellent job! If they left the school I wouldnt know what to do!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 09, 2015
No students treat other students poorly, and this is because it doesnt count as bullying. The school needs to take some more control and try to prevent gossip.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 09, 2015
They try to promote anti-bullying, but their tactics are lacking. They had a speaker come in and talk about bullying. If it was done by a student it would have been more effective.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 09, 2015
The school tries to promote honesty, and fairness. Sometimes they dont do the best job because they pull us out of class to sit through a talk.

Posted May 27, 2015
The school year ended on a good note for my child. All in all he was able to accomplish what needed done to complete his 5th grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 27, 2015
This is to reflect one teacher only. The special education teacher is outstanding. I can't say enough about how this lady went beyond the call to assist my child.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 27, 2015
I had concern with a particular teacher, not the staff or other teachers, that she was unable to discern children with an IEP and those not requiring one, being able to complete assignments or interact the same way.

Hoosier Academy - Indianapolis 2

Posted April 24, 2015
I will be honest, K-12 in Indiana is not the greatest with the Hoosier Academy. Of course they could have improved a little in the past two years I suppose. I found that it wasn't so flexible for your child to learn at their own pace, and stuck to a pretty restricting schedule. Your child has core classes to attend on certain days, and they might have two different times to select from to join the live virtual class in order to keep attendance up with their teacher. Also, if your kids need help, as in asking your teacher something, they are NOT always available, and you might have to call repeatedly before they contact you back. We had my oldest son in a K-12 program in another state that was outstanding, more flexible truly, for you to adjust your child's learning activities to meet your family's needs much better than the Hoosier Academy allows for. I was under-impressed, and overwhelmed with the way Indiana had structured the K-12 platform, verses what my child had been doing with K-12 public school before.

Posted March 19, 2015
I love this school. The teachers are great and very helpful. The staff is great and helpful. There are very few problems and they are minor ones. I recommend this school to everyone. (I put a detailed review on the Hoosier Academies Virtual School page about this school. Oops)

2855 North Franklin Road, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Hoosier Academy - Indianapolis is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.