Posted April 28, 2014
They really help the kids get to where they need to be.. My son went in not liking math at all and now he is getting better grades and liking math a lot more.. I love Paramount and will send my son there again.. :)

Posted April 17, 2014
I am a parent of a student at Paramount. It is a great atmosphere to send my child to learn in. I love the children that I am involved with daily, and also th staff and parents. This school has amazing technology that is used everyday too!

Paramount School Of Excellence 4

Posted December 10, 2013
I have two sons that attend Paramount. We have been with this school since it opened in August 2010 and plan to stay. I keep reading/hearing some nasty things about this school and I guess will never understand. We have never had a bad experience. My older son went through a pretty rough time at the beginning of last year and we received nothing by support. The teachers and staff are fantastic and understanding. The reason for 4 stars rather than 5? I have to agree with the other parent about extracurricular activities. With being such a technology-based school, they could really expand upon that concept with some clubs/activities after school.

Posted December 11, 2012
This school supports their staff like no other, and the atmosphere, while strict, is low stress and inviting. The parents at this school are amazing, and the steady growth academically speaks to the school's annual forward momentum. The community support with the Brookside Neighborhood is unlike any school partnership I've seen. Love this school!

Posted December 11, 2012
Paramount is a great school. I have been so impressed with how dedicated the teachers are, and how much energy they bring to the classroom. (If you ask my daughter her favorite thing about school, she will answer- her teachers!) My son loves the hands-on project based approach that brings the subjects to life. Last year his second grade class held an Olympics as they were learning about Ancient Greece. They learned about math, geography, history and art in a really complimentary way. I love that I can come in and volunteer to be a part of days like that, I always have felt welcome to participate in the classroom. Academically, both my children are doing well, and I feel like they are challenged and supported in every aspect of their learning. Their teachers are always open to check in with at pick up time, they always make time to follow up with me if I have questions. The school environment is colorful, creative and alive with examples of class work in the halls... it's always fun to walk through and see how proud my kids are of their work on display. I am glad to be a part of the learning that's going on at Paramount.

Paramount School Of Excellence 4

Posted September 21, 2012
This is my grandson second year at paramount and I read the bad reviews about the school. I have a different view and have not experience anything but great things from the school. My grandson was going thur some challenges last year and his teacher and the staff at paramount was great in helping him overcome this and keeping me inform of everything. He is doing great so far this year and has done a 360 turn around this summer, because of counseling offer to him thur paramount while school was out. My two oldest grandchildren are attending paramount this year for the first time, because I want all of my grandkids at a great school.

Paramount School Of Excellence 2

Posted July 22, 2012
This school is in a great need for new principal leadership that knows the ins and outs of government programming and can create a welcoming, loving, safe enviroment that meets the needs of the school population. The school, thought great on paper, is a different story in real life. The school does not cater to the needs of the families and students of the neighborhood--especially in older grades. On going bullying issues--several families leaving prior to the end of the school year when things got out of control. If you have an IEP--beware-- you must been an invovled parent and be prepared to be bullied yourself when you stand up for your child. Last year the school board and principal kicked the parent group out of the school because they stood up for the kids and safety issues. The teachers are amazing--however young and neive when it comes to law/children rights and find themselves bullied.

Paramount School Of Excellence 3

Posted May 09, 2012
This is my son's first year and it will be his last. Why? I love the school's curriculum and I love the staff; however, I feel that the school doesn't offer much by way of extra curriculars. If you want your child to play sports, this is the place to go. If you want them to be a part of enrichment clubs, they have none. There is no chess club, math pentathlon, spelling bee, academic honors club, choir, band, art club, yearbook, etc. I believe sports should be secondary; especially when they don't have the facilities for the sports that they offer. Another downside is that there is no high school available that continues with their core knowledge concept. So while no one school is perfect, I believe that there is just another school that caters more to his/our interests

Posted May 08, 2012
My child is a kindergartner and love school. Paramount is a great "green" school as well as core knowledge. She loves the green room/butterflys and Spanish class. Workshops are her favorite thing to do during school. They have the specials (Spanish, art, music, gym). They just received a chicken coop and are supposed to be getting a Pygmy goat. The outdoor area is great. She knows all about composting (they have nine compost bins) and recycling. She can read full books with no help and loves to write. The teachers are great! They are learning math right now and I can't believe what they have learned in such a short time.

Paramount School Of Excellence
3020 Nowland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46201
Last modified Paramount School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paramount School Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.