Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

They are so close, but also far. Pros: caring teachers, responsive administration, planetarium, goats, chickens, apiary, robots and quality education. Cons: Other parents (show up obviously straight from the bar or in their pj's), bad communication (very rarely can I send a form in and not receive a second or third request even though we turned in immediately upon receipt), inability to schedule more than just the school year in front of them (my opinion is by this time of year they should have a certain 2017-18 calendar and 18-19 tentative calendar published), the parent/teacher organization is a joke (we want to help the school, not talk about feelings, I understand some parents may need more handholding, but why no dads club helping to pay for athletics, moms club fundraising for projects, etc.) and even when my wife has volunteered over 6 times she cannot get a call back. So with that, they are 95% a great school for the core programs today, but that other 5% is what will make them a great school for decades. They need to remember the enemy of great is good and complacent.

I love PSOE, my son has been there for 4 years and he loves it too! They truly care about our kids and their education and overall wellbeing.

My daughter is in first grade here. We absolutely love it. I'm so impressed by the exposure to sustainable living. The gardens are full of veggies. The bees are buzzing. The chickens clucking. And the gorgeous goats! My daughter responds really well to the systems in place at her school to reward good behavior. She was telling her tonight she wants our house to be just like her school. Fuzzies for good behavior that later lead to a prize. She also loves her teacher. Her teacher is like a ray of sunshine. We always feel so welcome coming to paramount!

I think this school is not a good school you have to worry about the if your child will get bulled and if teachers are going to listen they act like they don't care about to kids they think the kids are liars and they lower your grades if they don't like you my daughter was jump and she got in trouble and they moved her class and the class she is in now is a lot bulling from the kids and teacher

I have 4 children in this school and I absolutely love it! IM sad it only goes to 8th grade because I would gladly keep all 4 there for high school. The teachers are great, facility great, and the opportunities are great. This school deserves better rating!

They really help the kids get to where they need to be.. My son went in not liking math at all and now he is getting better grades and liking math a lot more.. I love Paramount and will send my son there again.. :)

I am a parent of a student at Paramount. It is a great atmosphere to send my child to learn in. I love the children that I am involved with daily, and also th staff and parents. This school has amazing technology that is used everyday too!

I have two sons that attend Paramount. We have been with this school since it opened in August 2010 and plan to stay. I keep reading/hearing some nasty things about this school and I guess will never understand. We have never had a bad experience. My older son went through a pretty rough time at the beginning of last year and we received nothing by support. The teachers and staff are fantastic and understanding. The reason for 4 stars rather than 5? I have to agree with the other parent about extracurricular activities. With being such a technology-based school, they could really expand upon that concept with some clubs/activities after school.

This school supports their staff like no other, and the atmosphere, while strict, is low stress and inviting. The parents at this school are amazing, and the steady growth academically speaks to the school's annual forward momentum. The community support with the Brookside Neighborhood is unlike any school partnership I've seen. Love this school!

Paramount is a great school. I have been so impressed with how dedicated the teachers are, and how much energy they bring to the classroom. (If you ask my daughter her favorite thing about school, she will answer- her teachers!) My son loves the hands-on project based approach that brings the subjects to life. Last year his second grade class held an Olympics as they were learning about Ancient Greece. They learned about math, geography, history and art in a really complimentary way. I love that I can come in and volunteer to be a part of days like that, I always have felt welcome to participate in the classroom. Academically, both my children are doing well, and I feel like they are challenged and supported in every aspect of their learning. Their teachers are always open to check in with at pick up time, they always make time to follow up with me if I have questions. The school environment is colorful, creative and alive with examples of class work in the halls... it's always fun to walk through and see how proud my kids are of their work on display. I am glad to be a part of the learning that's going on at Paramount.

Last modified Paramount School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.