Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership at the school has been positioning themselves as more visible, approachable, and accountable.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This school has rock-star teachers who are extremely effective. I have witnessed dramatic increases in my 4th grader's ISTEP scores, as well as a seamless transition from a non-reader to a beginning reader with my Kindergartner in a matter of months.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They have a balanced, practical approach to homework at all grade levels (even Kindergarten).

I commend IMSA-North for their commitment to the success of our children. These are a group of educators who put students first, and do over and above what is necessary to ensure that students excel in academics. There are so many positive influences that my children have been exposed to. Whether it is the outstanding Ms. Wissel, 3rd grade teacher who implanted a love for science and technology in my son. She is also a great advocate, who routinely checks in on my son and even attends his sporting events, even though he is no longer in her class. There is also the caring and compassionate Mrs. Mouser, Kindergarten teacher, and one of the best people with which to entrust your little ones! Also, Ms. Zack, who oversees Library and the school's superb accelerated reading program, who through her hard work and efforts, seeks to prepare our children for success with a solid foundation of reading. Recently, Ms. Zack and the school administration hosted a retreat at the Carmel Community Center, to reward those students who met or exceeded their accelerated reader goals. Their team provided healthy snacks, a great fun room, and made everyone feel deserving and welcome. I hereby tip my hat to Ms. Wissel, Mrs. Mouser, Ms. Zack, Principle Secen, and the hosts of other faculty and staff equally deserving of recognition. I can honestly say that educators like them are what set IMSA North apart from everyone else, and is also why I look forward to my boys attending next year. Are they perfect? No. But I have yet to find a "perfect" school in my over 20 years of parenting. But are they committed to student success, achievement, and improvement? Without a doubt! As with any formula that works, it takes parental involvement, an open mind, and collaboration with a school dedicated to student achievements and success. I have found that formula at IMSA-Indy North!

We are so for your staff. 3 people in particular went above, beyond, and out of their way to make sure my son was taken care of. On Tuesday apparently he started not feeling good so he was sent to your nurse Lisa Watts. She was able to take her time and examine him. She saw that his fingers were peeling and immediately thought strep(I had no idea that was a symptom). She called me to let me know she wanted to do a strep test. I agreed but also let her know he has major anxiety when it comes to his throat as he had a bad infection years ago that caused him to have surgery and a 5 day hospital stay. She tried for over a 1/2 hour to get him to let her swab his throat. With no success she called and asked if he was close with anyone within the building that may help calm his anxiety. I told her Miss April Hales is his #1 go too. (Mine too) . She also came to help. She tried everything she could to help Nurse Lisa. Even offering to let her swab her throat as well to show him that its so fast and quick and does not hurt. Anyway, long story short, I came up to help as well, Miss Mills is always so pleasant at the office and she was aware of the situation and was very helpful as well. These 3 women all have kids and know how I feel. I can't always be there to save the day but they can. And did! Thank you for loving my children and taking time to make sure that no matter what, my son was not just going to be pushed to the side or sent home without knowing what was going on. It saved us a trip to an ER and with a high deductible insurance it saved us a lot of money and worry. He is in 4th grade and has been a student there since kindergarten so Ms Hales has always been a part of his daily routine. She goes out of her way more to make sure my sons are taken care of, educated, and loved but also held accountable for their actions. Thank you! Nurse Lisa is a wonderful asset to the school. The school nurse is not just someone who hands out ice packs and band aids. She is a professional who handles the care of our future. Our kids! She has knowledge, patience, and love. Thank you! And also, Miss Mills. Again, knows the boys, their routine, their facial expressions. And mine as well. She knows when something is wrong. She has always handled anything we have thrown her way with a smile. I love that when I walk in to school, they are aware of who I am and who belongs to me. We are more than just a number or a test score. Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Very unhappy with this school. Other parents are unhappy also with their children's education. The kids run the school not the adults!

I tried only two times to get info and never got any return communication. When I went in to set up an appointment, the front desk lady ignored me for over ten minutes, then set me up with a day when they were closed. I didn't catch it before I left and when I called, guess what? I never got a return call.

I really did not like this school at all no Communication,no room on the bis bullying and When i tried to call about It They never called back and the way They talk to the kids my 9 year old came home in tears cause of teacher and bullying and so did my daughter.

I have no problems with the academics at this school. My concerns were about the safety, mishandling of funds, lack of communication and now the FBI investigation that is taking place. Safety: yes, they buzz you in, but there is a great distance between the front door and the front office, so it allows access to the school. Mishandling of funds: several people were told they owed hundreds of dollars and because they kept their own records, they were able to dispute it. Lack of communication: they have a new director, but the parents were never informed of this. FBI investigation-ongoing My child enjoyed being there, but is more than happy to be going elsewhere next year.

I really like IMSA and my kids do also. The only problem is with how they communicate things to you as a parent. I am on board with giving children more responsibility and everything but they are still children, things that are concerning their education, field trips and so on need to be sent directly to the parents home(in enough time to prepare) not via the child. Another thing that I wish they would incorporate more is Biztown. I really feel that it teaches life skills as well as education. The kids are so excited when they go to Biztown and it is such a great learning experience and it teaches them work ethic, it should be part of the curriculum all year.

Last modified Indiana Math & Science Academy - North is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.