Public charter
Students enrolled: 2,749
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 10, 2015
Teachers take a genuine interest in helping the students succeed. They KNOW their students and offer as much help as the student is willing to ask for.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2015
Because students are not tied to traditional school hours, they are able to complete the assignment before moving on to the next class, thus eliminating homework. Students will still study as long as traditional schools (class + homework combined) but it doesn't have to be broken up and allows for a better flow for the student.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
Absolutely! They create many modes of learning so that each child may succeed. They encourage students and find multiple ways to teach a concept until a student can move on with confidence.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
Because the teacher is not always the disciplinarian in a virtual school, it allows the students to enter a judgement-free zone and create a relationship based on friendship first. Teachers, while they do help parents and learning coaches with behaviors in the home during school time, primarily get to teach and encourage the students in a fun, interactive way.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
The teachers here know their students very well. They talk with them over the phone, see them in live lessons (sometimes via webcam), provide valuable feedback on assignments, send postcards to welcome students, hold 'door prize' drawings for live lesson times, and attend many field trips to see students in person. They hold special show-and-tell live lessons or meet the class live lessons where students will send in info and pictures and the teacher creates a powerpoint for all to participate in. They really put thought into how students can get to know each other and their teachers in a virtual environment.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
The school really reinforces rules for academic honesty & integrity by training the students thoroughly in how to complete their work independently. The school does a wonderful job making accommodations for students who need it and spending one-on-one time with students who are struggling to enable each student to succeed. The provide an incredibly fair opportunity for all students to rise to the top.

Indiana Connections Academy 5

Posted August 10, 2015
We came to Indiana Connections Academy with two years traditional public school and three years homeschooling experience. We were looking to enhance our children's homeschool learning with videos, tutorials, and live lessons. We also looked forward to them being accountable to someone outside of the home as well as lessening the parent/teacher workload on mom. We strongly believe in children learning at their own pace in their own environment. My husband graduated from an all online state school and loved the work at your own pace environment, completing a four year degree in 2.5 years while working full time and providing for a family of seven. We look forward to the future of many jobs becoming work-from-home jobs and want to train our children for that. We LOVE being pioneers for the future of learning! We have 5 children in the household and all are enrolled in INCA. Three of those children have IEP's for different Special Needs diagnosis. The school is a great fit for our children's education, our family, and our household. All children are making straight A's now, have greater educational knowledge than ever before, and are actually more social than before! We love the support we receive from INCA and the staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
Yes never before have my students had other children care and provide care to each other like they do in this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
They constantly monitor for fairness and uphold no cheating to create the best possible students and scholars.

Indiana Connections Academy 5

Posted July 16, 2015
I have four children in INCA. They came from a traditional brick and mortar school that was failing them miserably. They didn't provide the learning supports needed, my daughter who is deaf was refused an interpreter and was just bring pushed through the school. My daughter who is a Type 1 Diabetic was so mismanaged by the nurse that she overdosed her on insulin when she was low glucose 8 times in 6 weeks that our doctor asked for her to be pulled from the school because it was unsafe. INCA was the light at the end of the tunnel. Now my children have services beyond comparison and instead of fighting for services they are asking what more can we do, is everything going well. I've never had that before at a school. Now I can be a parent and learning coach, not the teacher and lawyer also. My daughter who is deaf has closed captioning and instead being bullied by students, they student look after her as well as the teachers who were also guilty of bullying in the brick and mortar schools. They even provide a teacher that teaches my daughter ASL and well as the family! Now instead of a school asking me what I want my child to do when he graduates and being told I was being unrealistic and that McDonald's needs workers too, I hear yeah, I can totally see your child being a computer programmer or a doctor. Their grades have improved and by the time my high schoolers graduate they will have four foreign languages under their belts. They have made friends that they even converse with over the summer. INCA has been the best school ever for our family and I recommend it highly to anyone looking for an excellent school without the barriers and baggage that comes with a brick and mortar public school.

6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Last modified Indiana Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top