Public charter
Students enrolled: 2,749
After care: No

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
Yes never before have my students had other children care and provide care to each other like they do in this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
They constantly monitor for fairness and uphold no cheating to create the best possible students and scholars.

Posted July 16, 2015
I have four children in INCA. They came from a traditional brick and mortar school that was failing them miserably. They didn't provide the learning supports needed, my daughter who is deaf was refused an interpreter and was just bring pushed through the school. My daughter who is a Type 1 Diabetic was so mismanaged by the nurse that she overdosed her on insulin when she was low glucose 8 times in 6 weeks that our doctor asked for her to be pulled from the school because it was unsafe. INCA was the light at the end of the tunnel. Now my children have services beyond comparison and instead of fighting for services they are asking what more can we do, is everything going well. I've never had that before at a school. Now I can be a parent and learning coach, not the teacher and lawyer also. My daughter who is deaf has closed captioning and instead being bullied by students, they student look after her as well as the teachers who were also guilty of bullying in the brick and mortar schools. They even provide a teacher that teaches my daughter ASL and well as the family! Now instead of a school asking me what I want my child to do when he graduates and being told I was being unrealistic and that McDonald's needs workers too, I hear yeah, I can totally see your child being a computer programmer or a doctor. Their grades have improved and by the time my high schoolers graduate they will have four foreign languages under their belts. They have made friends that they even converse with over the summer. INCA has been the best school ever for our family and I recommend it highly to anyone looking for an excellent school without the barriers and baggage that comes with a brick and mortar public school.

Posted June 28, 2015
My son came to INCA after unending bullying in our "brick and mortar" school. He's just finished his second year (7th and 8th grade). We love INCA -- the teachers are caring and have been excellent academically. They've challenged my son to grow. We have been very pleased with the education he has received. I highly recommend families take advantage of this excellent choice for their child's education.

Posted May 21, 2015
My son has been an INCA student for 4 years now (1st grade through 4th). We have been very pleased with both his progress and the overall program. At the elementary level, there is a lot of work that the parents need to do. I spend, on average, 5 hours a day working with my son. However, as a student progress to middle and high school, the amount of time required of the parent decreases. We chose INCA so that my son could focus on academics. He is one who would be left behind in a traditional classroom. I know he is learning and he truly enjoys being able to spend time doing other things as well. I encourage you to reach out and attend prospective parent nights if you are interested in INCA.

Posted May 21, 2015
INCA is a wonderful virtual school where my children and learn from home using technology we are already accustomed to. They receive lessons, instruction and assistance from their teachers across the computer and telephone. Your child is never alone because you are their to guide them. The support staff at INCA is wonderful. I have never had a situation that has gone unresolved or even unfavorably on my part. Even though your child rarely if ever meets their teachers the connection is amazing and the teachers do care more than any teachers I have even seen in brick and mortar schools. Your child has more opportunities to meet students all across the state during various field trips and meet & greets. INCA families all have one thing in common and that is the desire for better education for our children. That is what bonds us into a big supporting family.

Posted January 10, 2015
My son attended INCA and I am also a learning coach for a friend's daughter who is currently a junior. There are no supply lists - you receive so much material it's like having a school in your home. Yes, you must be responsible and put forth some effort, especially with the elementary grades. All the teachers are wonderful, caring, and quick to respond. Phone conferences are required with all students and only required for parents with children in elementary. Live lesson are also part of the experience. It can be confusing in the beginning but you will soon understand how everything works. Don't be afraid to try this school - just understand that homeschooling or online schools are not for everyone.

Posted November 10, 2014
I just want other parents to know that INCA is an online school that does give feedback quickly. It is easy to contact the teachers and they are very helpful! Also, the classes are not easy. It is much harder than my sons brick and mortar public school that he attended prior to high school. My son is completing his senior year at INCA. His four years at INCA have been very educational. He chose this school because they offered many different classes that our local public school didn't offer. He has taken marine science, criminal investigation, web design, computer programming and several other technology courses. There is a strong commitment needed along with great organizational skills. If your child wants to take exciting and interesting courses, INCA is a school I would recommend.

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I went into this program thinking all I would have to do is make sure that my son was doing the work. Boy was I ever wrong. 1) Their system is complicated and overwhelming. You will never get your work done because it never stops. I walked away feeling like I put in an entires day worth of work with no pay. 2) You will have to be on hour long phone calls with the homeroom teacher every week. You've ALREADY been communicating with the teachers all week, and now you are pressured to spend even more time. You are required to spend an hour listening to the teacher read off what she emailed you already. The teacher gives you homework too. 4) You don't realize how overwhelming it is until you've gotten into it. Once you've been accepted, you will then be asked to join another FB group that is closed, that no one else you can see. It's there you will find the REAL reviews, how overwhelmed every one is and how much they are frustrated. 5). If you thought the supply list was bad for public school, wait until you see theirs. Their supply list has 167 items on it.
6 people found this helpful

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2014
If I could give no stars I would. I was very unhappy the way things are done. Children are placed without consulting parents. When I questioned I was told they know what their doing and I have no say so. Yes they may be the Academic Placement counselors but I have a college education and am in the process of going for a masters and do not appreciate being talked to as if I am the child. This is my child and I have an extensive interest in my childs education and feel I should be consulted before decisions are made. If you want to participate in your childs education and want to be consulted, this is NOT the place to send your child to.
3 people found this helpful

6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Last modified Indiana Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top