Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=6640+intech+boulevard,indianapolis,in+46278&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=oidfhot2lqbqjzv9wnftqezz26o=

Indiana Connections Academy

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Indiana Connections Academy 5311473 4

Posted October 01, 2013
I disagree with those who say this school isn't for the intelligent child. I grew up attending public school as an individual with Asperger's. My high IQ meant I could cruise through the work in an public school format without ever actually applying myself. Now that my daughter is in middle school, I saw how she could come home with straight A's without actually doing any work. She wasn't learning how to properly analyze or pull information from a piece to put it to good use later. She also wasn't getting immediate feedback, so any past assignments were just that: in the past. Now we get immediate feedback, which she can apply to her learning, there is a lot more reading with online school and she is able to work at her own pace. Some days are rather short, because she does whip through the lessons, but then she has the time to take on extras not offered in the public school: digital art, french, sign language and chess, for example. It's an individual preference, but if you're a parent who isn't going to be involved in your child's school, then Connections is not for you.

Indiana Connections Academy 5011597 5

Posted October 01, 2013
I learned of Connections Academy, long before they made it to Indiana. I inquired often in things I could do to get them in Indiana, for my special needs student and grand-daughter. By the time they made it here I had let her go to a special needs school to help her to excel but by this time, I was preparing to home-school another grand-daughter so we attended a call out. She was really excited and wanted to try it. Now for four years I and her other grand-mother has been her learning coach. I could not be more satisfied and pleased with the high standards and great teaching that she receives from this school. I believe they are above all of the Indiana school in curriculum and individual help. They provide a great opportunity for teachers to meet students and students meet students. Our grand-daughter does so much better in this versus brick and mortar. Wouldn't ever change a thing, they are the best of best.

Indiana Connections Academy 5197017 5

Posted September 05, 2013
Two of my children started attending INCA last year. This is our second year and we love it. My children are thriving in the program they are more happy about going to school each day then they ever have. The teachers are awesome and very quick to help when you get stuck. The Live Lessons are helpful to. They are learning to be responsible for there own educations. I love the way they can work at there own pace and not be rushed through something they may not be getting right away.

Indiana Connections Academy 4873673 5

Posted September 02, 2013
I have gone to a regular school for my whole school career and had not been doing as well as i knew I could. I wanted to try online and I went to K12 and instantly did not like it. After going back to public school, I thought online would be better but I had to find somewhere new and i ended up finding connections. I ended up liking it better than any school i had ever been to. It let me stay at my own pace but still earn my credits. The teachers are much more distant than in a regular school but they were still good with communication and live lessons. I ended up being able to graduate a semester early and i was pretty thrilled about that. It let me stay at home yet socialize which is good because i have somewhat of a social anxiety. I do reccomend it but it sure isn't for everyone.

Indiana Connections Academy 5268519 5

Posted August 29, 2013
I absolutely love this school My son Has SPD and with this school we can do his work anytime anywhere . It works for us . He is learning at a pace that is just right for him and to see him get excited about learning is awesome . Thank you In connections academy I am so glad we choose you for our sons education I would and have highly recommended you!!!!! Love the teachers too!!!

Indiana Connections Academy 2117734 5

Posted August 28, 2013
This is the fourth year my kids have attended INCA. They are doing great academically! We love the teachers and the support we receive.

Indiana Connections Academy 5266576 5

Posted August 28, 2013
This is our 2nd year with CA and we love it! The kids like the flexibility and I like the curriculum. The teachers and administration is wonderful. The field trips are a blast and the kids being able to meet their online friends is awesome.

Indiana Connections Academy 5266762 5

Posted August 28, 2013
My son struggles significantly with academics. Indiana Connections Academy afforded him opportunities, educational value, and academic assistance that he could not have received anywhere else. My family is so grateful to Indiana Connections Academy for providing my child with every resource necessary to achieve his goals and succeed academically. I highly recommend this school to every parent.

Indiana Connections Academy 5264977 5

Posted August 27, 2013
This is the third year my son has attended INCA. He went from B's and C's in local public school to all A's right away and has never looked back. He is in 6th grade and is in Gifted and Talented Language Arts. We love the school and the teachers.

Indiana Connections Academy 5202974 4

Posted July 22, 2013
This is the best school. People say that the information is not as high as other schools. Not true it is good quality education.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Indiana Connections Academy
6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.