Public charter
Indianapolis, IN
Students enrolled: 2,749
After care: No

Posted June 28, 2015
My son came to INCA after unending bullying in our "brick and mortar" school. He's just finished his second year (7th and 8th grade). We love INCA -- the teachers are caring and have been excellent academically. They've challenged my son to grow. We have been very pleased with the education he has received. I highly recommend families take advantage of this excellent choice for their child's education.

Posted May 21, 2015
My son has been an INCA student for 4 years now (1st grade through 4th). We have been very pleased with both his progress and the overall program. At the elementary level, there is a lot of work that the parents need to do. I spend, on average, 5 hours a day working with my son. However, as a student progress to middle and high school, the amount of time required of the parent decreases. We chose INCA so that my son could focus on academics. He is one who would be left behind in a traditional classroom. I know he is learning and he truly enjoys being able to spend time doing other things as well. I encourage you to reach out and attend prospective parent nights if you are interested in INCA.

Posted May 21, 2015
INCA is a wonderful virtual school where my children and learn from home using technology we are already accustomed to. They receive lessons, instruction and assistance from their teachers across the computer and telephone. Your child is never alone because you are their to guide them. The support staff at INCA is wonderful. I have never had a situation that has gone unresolved or even unfavorably on my part. Even though your child rarely if ever meets their teachers the connection is amazing and the teachers do care more than any teachers I have even seen in brick and mortar schools. Your child has more opportunities to meet students all across the state during various field trips and meet & greets. INCA families all have one thing in common and that is the desire for better education for our children. That is what bonds us into a big supporting family.

Posted January 10, 2015
My son attended INCA and I am also a learning coach for a friend's daughter who is currently a junior. There are no supply lists - you receive so much material it's like having a school in your home. Yes, you must be responsible and put forth some effort, especially with the elementary grades. All the teachers are wonderful, caring, and quick to respond. Phone conferences are required with all students and only required for parents with children in elementary. Live lesson are also part of the experience. It can be confusing in the beginning but you will soon understand how everything works. Don't be afraid to try this school - just understand that homeschooling or online schools are not for everyone.

Posted November 10, 2014
I just want other parents to know that INCA is an online school that does give feedback quickly. It is easy to contact the teachers and they are very helpful! Also, the classes are not easy. It is much harder than my sons brick and mortar public school that he attended prior to high school. My son is completing his senior year at INCA. His four years at INCA have been very educational. He chose this school because they offered many different classes that our local public school didn't offer. He has taken marine science, criminal investigation, web design, computer programming and several other technology courses. There is a strong commitment needed along with great organizational skills. If your child wants to take exciting and interesting courses, INCA is a school I would recommend.

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I went into this program thinking all I would have to do is make sure that my son was doing the work. Boy was I ever wrong. 1) Their system is complicated and overwhelming. You will never get your work done because it never stops. I walked away feeling like I put in an entires day worth of work with no pay. 2) You will have to be on hour long phone calls with the homeroom teacher every week. You've ALREADY been communicating with the teachers all week, and now you are pressured to spend even more time. You are required to spend an hour listening to the teacher read off what she emailed you already. The teacher gives you homework too. 4) You don't realize how overwhelming it is until you've gotten into it. Once you've been accepted, you will then be asked to join another FB group that is closed, that no one else you can see. It's there you will find the REAL reviews, how overwhelmed every one is and how much they are frustrated. 5). If you thought the supply list was bad for public school, wait until you see theirs. Their supply list has 167 items on it.
6 people found this helpful

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2014
If I could give no stars I would. I was very unhappy the way things are done. Children are placed without consulting parents. When I questioned I was told they know what their doing and I have no say so. Yes they may be the Academic Placement counselors but I have a college education and am in the process of going for a masters and do not appreciate being talked to as if I am the child. This is my child and I have an extensive interest in my childs education and feel I should be consulted before decisions are made. If you want to participate in your childs education and want to be consulted, this is NOT the place to send your child to.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 30, 2014
INCA is great for families on the go, or those with busy schedules. It's also perfect for the child who excels at school, as they can work at their own pace. And it's great for the child who takes their time on work, for the same reasons! With the multitude of learning mediums, the variety keeps things exciting, and the children interested. The workload is a bit to adjust to at first, but really gives children of all ages and grades a real life look into what's coming in the future, and the job world. The curriculum is great, with many optional "extras," like foreign languages, music, drama, and more. They also have excellent programs for high school, and working with early college programs. The teachers care about the students success, and help with goal setting. Always reachable via phone, email, or video chat, your questions never take too long to get answered. We're very glad we gave Indiana Connections Academy a try, and plan to stick with them for many years to come!

Posted June 25, 2014
My daughter was having complications with students at our local school. She absolutely LOVES INCA. The teachers have always been there to give extra help and answer any questions that we might have. I will be sending my other two children to INCA as well.

Indiana Connections Academy 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter and I really enjoyed attending Connections Academy during the 2013-2014 school year. I chose Connections as my daughter was struggling in school and didn't have the one-on-one attention from her teachers. She has struggled this past year as well but her teachers at Indiana Connections Academy took time out to give her individual attention and gave her many opportunities to bring her grades. We definitely plan on continuing to attend Connections.
3 people found this helpful

Indiana Connections Academy
6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Last modified Indiana Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top