Posted June 30, 2014
INCA is great for families on the go, or those with busy schedules. It's also perfect for the child who excels at school, as they can work at their own pace. And it's great for the child who takes their time on work, for the same reasons! With the multitude of learning mediums, the variety keeps things exciting, and the children interested. The workload is a bit to adjust to at first, but really gives children of all ages and grades a real life look into what's coming in the future, and the job world. The curriculum is great, with many optional "extras," like foreign languages, music, drama, and more. They also have excellent programs for high school, and working with early college programs. The teachers care about the students success, and help with goal setting. Always reachable via phone, email, or video chat, your questions never take too long to get answered. We're very glad we gave Indiana Connections Academy a try, and plan to stick with them for many years to come!

Posted June 25, 2014
My daughter was having complications with students at our local school. She absolutely LOVES INCA. The teachers have always been there to give extra help and answer any questions that we might have. I will be sending my other two children to INCA as well.

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter and I really enjoyed attending Connections Academy during the 2013-2014 school year. I chose Connections as my daughter was struggling in school and didn't have the one-on-one attention from her teachers. She has struggled this past year as well but her teachers at Indiana Connections Academy took time out to give her individual attention and gave her many opportunities to bring her grades. We definitely plan on continuing to attend Connections.

Posted May 05, 2014
I was going through a hard time struggling in public school academically and personally so i decided it was time for another option. i tried a blended school which i felt was good, but when distance was a factor, i switched to connections. connections does have advanced classes. i am nowhere near that, and they did have foundations classes available if you need that extra structure which was nice. the live lessons are helpful but if you watch the recording of them for one part of a topic, you may spend longer than necessary. messaging teachers is easy during the day, you should hear back within the hour. connexus is easy to use. connections is not a bad school and can be a great alternative. but the student has to be willing to learn and be willing to speak up for themself when they need something. if you think it will be easy and you can speed through it, you're wrong, but is it harder than public school? for me no. is it easy? no. its school with a personal advantage. parents do have to be involved because they are required to mark lessons complete and mark attendance hours. connections is what you make of it, and it can be a great experience.

Posted April 26, 2014
This is our first year with INCA and we are returning again next year. My daughter was struggling with math and I knew she could do the work, but it was frustrating for her in her regular class. I decided to try school at home to see how she did. She went from a D at her old school to an A- online. She loves the flexibility and so do I. The classes, extra activities, and materials are excellent, as well as the teaching. I really don't foresee us going back to a brick and mortar school anywhere in the near future.

Posted October 01, 2013
I disagree with those who say this school isn't for the intelligent child. I grew up attending public school as an individual with Asperger's. My high IQ meant I could cruise through the work in an public school format without ever actually applying myself. Now that my daughter is in middle school, I saw how she could come home with straight A's without actually doing any work. She wasn't learning how to properly analyze or pull information from a piece to put it to good use later. She also wasn't getting immediate feedback, so any past assignments were just that: in the past. Now we get immediate feedback, which she can apply to her learning, there is a lot more reading with online school and she is able to work at her own pace. Some days are rather short, because she does whip through the lessons, but then she has the time to take on extras not offered in the public school: digital art, french, sign language and chess, for example. It's an individual preference, but if you're a parent who isn't going to be involved in your child's school, then Connections is not for you.

Posted October 01, 2013
I learned of Connections Academy, long before they made it to Indiana. I inquired often in things I could do to get them in Indiana, for my special needs student and grand-daughter. By the time they made it here I had let her go to a special needs school to help her to excel but by this time, I was preparing to home-school another grand-daughter so we attended a call out. She was really excited and wanted to try it. Now for four years I and her other grand-mother has been her learning coach. I could not be more satisfied and pleased with the high standards and great teaching that she receives from this school. I believe they are above all of the Indiana school in curriculum and individual help. They provide a great opportunity for teachers to meet students and students meet students. Our grand-daughter does so much better in this versus brick and mortar. Wouldn't ever change a thing, they are the best of best.

Posted September 05, 2013
Two of my children started attending INCA last year. This is our second year and we love it. My children are thriving in the program they are more happy about going to school each day then they ever have. The teachers are awesome and very quick to help when you get stuck. The Live Lessons are helpful to. They are learning to be responsible for there own educations. I love the way they can work at there own pace and not be rushed through something they may not be getting right away.

Posted September 02, 2013
I have gone to a regular school for my whole school career and had not been doing as well as i knew I could. I wanted to try online and I went to K12 and instantly did not like it. After going back to public school, I thought online would be better but I had to find somewhere new and i ended up finding connections. I ended up liking it better than any school i had ever been to. It let me stay at my own pace but still earn my credits. The teachers are much more distant than in a regular school but they were still good with communication and live lessons. I ended up being able to graduate a semester early and i was pretty thrilled about that. It let me stay at home yet socialize which is good because i have somewhat of a social anxiety. I do reccomend it but it sure isn't for everyone.

Posted August 29, 2013
I absolutely love this school My son Has SPD and with this school we can do his work anytime anywhere . It works for us . He is learning at a pace that is just right for him and to see him get excited about learning is awesome . Thank you In connections academy I am so glad we choose you for our sons education I would and have highly recommended you!!!!! Love the teachers too!!!

Indiana Connections Academy
6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Last modified Indiana Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.