Posted November 10, 2014
I just want other parents to know that INCA is an online school that does give feedback quickly. It is easy to contact the teachers and they are very helpful! Also, the classes are not easy. It is much harder than my sons brick and mortar public school that he attended prior to high school. My son is completing his senior year at INCA. His four years at INCA have been very educational. He chose this school because they offered many different classes that our local public school didn't offer. He has taken marine science, criminal investigation, web design, computer programming and several other technology courses. There is a strong commitment needed along with great organizational skills. If your child wants to take exciting and interesting courses, INCA is a school I would recommend.

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I went into this program thinking all I would have to do is make sure that my son was doing the work. Boy was I ever wrong. 1) Their system is complicated and overwhelming. You will never get your work done because it never stops. I walked away feeling like I put in an entires day worth of work with no pay. 2) You will have to be on hour long phone calls with the homeroom teacher every week. You've ALREADY been communicating with the teachers all week, and now you are pressured to spend even more time. You are required to spend an hour listening to the teacher read off what she emailed you already. The teacher gives you homework too. 4) You don't realize how overwhelming it is until you've gotten into it. Once you've been accepted, you will then be asked to join another FB group that is closed, that no one else you can see. It's there you will find the REAL reviews, how overwhelmed every one is and how much they are frustrated. 5). If you thought the supply list was bad for public school, wait until you see theirs. Their supply list has 167 items on it.

Indiana Connections Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2014
If I could give no stars I would. I was very unhappy the way things are done. Children are placed without consulting parents. When I questioned I was told they know what their doing and I have no say so. Yes they may be the Academic Placement counselors but I have a college education and am in the process of going for a masters and do not appreciate being talked to as if I am the child. This is my child and I have an extensive interest in my childs education and feel I should be consulted before decisions are made. If you want to participate in your childs education and want to be consulted, this is NOT the place to send your child to.

Posted June 30, 2014
INCA is great for families on the go, or those with busy schedules. It's also perfect for the child who excels at school, as they can work at their own pace. And it's great for the child who takes their time on work, for the same reasons! With the multitude of learning mediums, the variety keeps things exciting, and the children interested. The workload is a bit to adjust to at first, but really gives children of all ages and grades a real life look into what's coming in the future, and the job world. The curriculum is great, with many optional "extras," like foreign languages, music, drama, and more. They also have excellent programs for high school, and working with early college programs. The teachers care about the students success, and help with goal setting. Always reachable via phone, email, or video chat, your questions never take too long to get answered. We're very glad we gave Indiana Connections Academy a try, and plan to stick with them for many years to come!

Posted June 25, 2014
My daughter was having complications with students at our local school. She absolutely LOVES INCA. The teachers have always been there to give extra help and answer any questions that we might have. I will be sending my other two children to INCA as well.

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter and I really enjoyed attending Connections Academy during the 2013-2014 school year. I chose Connections as my daughter was struggling in school and didn't have the one-on-one attention from her teachers. She has struggled this past year as well but her teachers at Indiana Connections Academy took time out to give her individual attention and gave her many opportunities to bring her grades. We definitely plan on continuing to attend Connections.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 05, 2014
I was going through a hard time struggling in public school academically and personally so i decided it was time for another option. i tried a blended school which i felt was good, but when distance was a factor, i switched to connections. connections does have advanced classes. i am nowhere near that, and they did have foundations classes available if you need that extra structure which was nice. the live lessons are helpful but if you watch the recording of them for one part of a topic, you may spend longer than necessary. messaging teachers is easy during the day, you should hear back within the hour. connexus is easy to use. connections is not a bad school and can be a great alternative. but the student has to be willing to learn and be willing to speak up for themself when they need something. if you think it will be easy and you can speed through it, you're wrong, but is it harder than public school? for me no. is it easy? no. its school with a personal advantage. parents do have to be involved because they are required to mark lessons complete and mark attendance hours. connections is what you make of it, and it can be a great experience.

Posted April 26, 2014
This is our first year with INCA and we are returning again next year. My daughter was struggling with math and I knew she could do the work, but it was frustrating for her in her regular class. I decided to try school at home to see how she did. She went from a D at her old school to an A- online. She loves the flexibility and so do I. The classes, extra activities, and materials are excellent, as well as the teaching. I really don't foresee us going back to a brick and mortar school anywhere in the near future.

Posted October 01, 2013
I disagree with those who say this school isn't for the intelligent child. I grew up attending public school as an individual with Asperger's. My high IQ meant I could cruise through the work in an public school format without ever actually applying myself. Now that my daughter is in middle school, I saw how she could come home with straight A's without actually doing any work. She wasn't learning how to properly analyze or pull information from a piece to put it to good use later. She also wasn't getting immediate feedback, so any past assignments were just that: in the past. Now we get immediate feedback, which she can apply to her learning, there is a lot more reading with online school and she is able to work at her own pace. Some days are rather short, because she does whip through the lessons, but then she has the time to take on extras not offered in the public school: digital art, french, sign language and chess, for example. It's an individual preference, but if you're a parent who isn't going to be involved in your child's school, then Connections is not for you.

Posted October 01, 2013
I learned of Connections Academy, long before they made it to Indiana. I inquired often in things I could do to get them in Indiana, for my special needs student and grand-daughter. By the time they made it here I had let her go to a special needs school to help her to excel but by this time, I was preparing to home-school another grand-daughter so we attended a call out. She was really excited and wanted to try it. Now for four years I and her other grand-mother has been her learning coach. I could not be more satisfied and pleased with the high standards and great teaching that she receives from this school. I believe they are above all of the Indiana school in curriculum and individual help. They provide a great opportunity for teachers to meet students and students meet students. Our grand-daughter does so much better in this versus brick and mortar. Wouldn't ever change a thing, they are the best of best.

Indiana Connections Academy
6640 Intech Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN  46278
Last modified Indiana Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top