Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter just started 7th grade. So far, no complaints. As soon as I as her parent have a situation.....I will make a comment. Thank you

After moving to Indy from the South I thought that my child would be treated better in school compared to where we came from. We dealt with racial inequality frequently down South. However, here at NW the mistreatment is on a whole 'nother level. All the children are treated as if they are in prison. For the first 9 wks of school they had an issue with some students skipping class and being tardy. Instead of addressing those issues with the suspected children they in turn eliminate transfer of classes and make all of middle school stay put in their 1st period classrooms. While the teachers switch classes. In comparison to prison they call the process "lockdown". It's bad in so many contexts! If you have an out of control child that has taken a good school for granted, then by all means send your child to NW. If you do not, and expect for your child to be educated without all of the mistreatment and unnecessaries. Send them to an IPS Magnet or Charter School. Us parents do have a choice and I will choose to move all of my children. Please keep in mind that there are other issues, i.e. Probation Ofc, hall pepper sprays, constant uniform PSA's. I only focused on the "lockdown".

I do NOT recommend this school to anyone. Teachers "expect" the students to follow the rules yet teachers do as they please. Some students get diciplined some don't. Some students dont do anything wrong yet get expelled or suspended. I did not want to believe all the bad things I was told about this school but now that I have family going to it I realize alot of what I was told is TRUE.

Last modified Northwest Community High School (7-8) is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.