K-3 & Ungraded
Public charter
Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
Phalen Leadership Academy IS FANTASTIC. My child transferred from a small town public school - kindergarten. Within 1 month at the prior school, he was in ISS, and had up to 30 strikes against him in one day. At Phalen, they help him learn on his level, work with his learning style, are compassionate about him as a student and as a person, engage him, love him, accept him and teach him as the normal little boy that he is. He's thriving in the new environment and now loves going to school. The teachers and staff are superb and efficient. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a safe, amazing learning environment for their child.

George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy 1

Posted November 07, 2014
My child attended PLA the first year it opened and we loved it! His teacher was friendly & awesome at keeping me in the loop of what was taking place with my child. A few months into the second year, I can't say that I felt the same way as the year prior. His teacher didn't even appear to be friendly nor welcoming at all. There were things that were not being brought to the parents attention that certainly should have been. There were far too many children in one class (which cause behavioral issues in some cases). I feel that the second year around the staff became unwelcoming & very secretive in which I didn't like that at all. You're more than welcome to hold secrets but not if it involves the environment in which my child is present in. The communication skills became horrible. Anytime my child reports something that should've been reported via an adult is unhealthy to me. It also was stated per a staff member that the students (grade K included) were testing for approx. 45 minutes which I think is absurd for young child. AGAIN the parents were clueless even after the fact. Some of the selected staff/volunteers were questionable which left me uncomfortable.

George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy 2

Posted October 01, 2014
MY child attended and was sure this was a good school until they didn't deliver all the things that they had stated on -line .student to teacher ratio was something that they didn't have. THAT WAS SOMETHING I WANTED.

Posted April 17, 2014
While only mid-way through the school year, scholar growth is already impressive: Math Children increased from 3% to 51% on track in math 56% of our scholars have grown by 1 year or more during the first half of the school year Reading Scholars have increased from 33% to 82% on track in reading 54% of our scholars have already grown by 1 year or more State Test 85% of our scholars are already on track to pass ISTEP, the state test

Posted April 16, 2014
Phalen Leadership Academy is a wonderful school, if you are looking for a school from kindergarten to the fourth grade, this is the place for you.The staffs and teachers are some of the best in Indianapolis,They strive for academic excellence. They are friendly and warm, you will not find a better school than this. I have a first grader there, she loves it there when she is not in school she talks about it all the time and miss being there.

George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy 3

Posted November 20, 2013
My son is a recent transfer from another school. He's only been at PLA for about a month and I love it! It's a much better atmosphere than his last which was more "military." His teacher and staff are all very caring and passionate about the kids and their education. My only regret is not enrolling him at PLA first. One of the main reasons for enrolling my son is that he is being taught on his own level. I like that the classes are small and that the students get the individual attention when needed. Another reason was their discipline policy. They are not quick to suspend a child for minor reasons but they work with teachers, parents, principals, and counselors to help the child with whatever issue they're having. For my son, that was a plus. He's had such a tough transition into kindergarten and they are very understanding of that. PLA is the best charter school in the city.

George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy
2323 N. Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN  46208
Last modified George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy is a Charter school
George and Veronica Phalen Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top