Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

BEWARE they push the AP curriculum down the kids throats. And when they actually sign up for the AP classes there is no guidance. Hope you are pro-active and ask allot of questions. Way Way overcrowded. My daughter goes to library for lunch and waits to eat till she gets home due to the lack of seating and the Cafeteria is DISGUSTING. The front office personnel are some of the rudest people i have ever met. Think the MVA employees (For speed) and Correction officers(For attitude) combined. WIsh we had never moved to this district.

Most of my life I have spent my school years in the west. I had moved from WA. State after my sophomore year. If you are a parent or student who have just moved from the west to here it's very different. The teachers are amazing, they really know how to help you understand the criteria and help you get through class. The AP classes are wonderful too and really do invite a challenge. This school has the best teachers I've ever met. However on the social aspect it's very difficult. I'm a pretty outgoing person but they way people in the Midwest interact is completely different from the west. I had a hard time adjusting to the people and making friends. This school is also very competitive and you have to be really good at something to get into sports or theater. It's a huge school as well, all my life I've been to smaller schools so it is a big adjustment and it gets scary at times. If anyone is wondering they have a closed campus so you cannot ever leave school unless you are excused and are forced to eat in the cafeteria. Something I didn't like. If you're a person from the west who is used to more open minded, smaller, uncompetitive schools, this is going to be hard. I was here for a semester of my junior year then dropped out for online due to the many changes that caused depression. However if you can adapt easily and enjoy competitive big schools it is really nice and I can assure you the teachers are wonderful. Not everyone is perfect but most of them are amazing.

My son is in his first year at Franklin Central; it is simply a fantastic school. I cannot say enough good things about Franklin Township as a whole. My son isn't an athletic type but the school has a great choir and arts program for kids more inclined to like music, arts, band and theater. He also thrives academically and I've never had a problem with any of his teachers. In fact, his gym teacher took the time to call me just to say he had improved a lot since the first of the year. How many teachers bother to call to say something positive? I was recently offered a job out of state but had to decline because I can't be sure we could find a school we like as much in Nashville, TN. I'm here until he's off to college!

All 3 of my children have attended Franklin Central Schools. All 3 of them have done well academically. My youngest child has been in the top 10 since first attending the high school. The AP classes have completely prepared her for college, SAT and ACT testing. They keep the parents and students well informed. FC does have challenges just like every school in America created by mixed cultures and negative influences in today's society. I think FC has done an excellent job handling all different types of situations to the best of their abilities. Keep up the great work, parents and students love you.

Franklin Central is the best High School that I have ever attended. They are very fair and understanding and get to know you as a person. Choose FC as your school choice!!!

I have two daughters that attent FCHS and they both hate it! They have been there since freshman year and now are currently Sophmores and I am currently looking to move out of this district. My daughters do very well academically but this school allows too many racially inappropriate things to slide by without consequences and I will no longer subject my daughters to have to listen to the "jokes" about black people! They will be out of there come springbreak.

Post 2: Mr. Koers is also the nicest person I think that I ve ever met. He doesn t brush you off his shoulder. He takes his job, and each and every one of his students seriously. The extracurricular activities provide amazing leadership and teamwork values. I am involved in both Show Choir and the Radio program. Not only has the experience of both of these brought me numerous friends; it has encouraged me to keep my grades up and helped improve my self-esteem tremendously. Franklin Central has taught me that if I want to make any progress I need to take initiative in my own life, work with others, and get the most out of my education that I possibly can. Any one who has attended this school and gives a bad review did not motivate themselves to succeed, and their parents didn t take the time to figure that out.

My husband and I have watched all 4 of our kids grow up in the Franklin Township schools. Our youngest is in his last year at the high school. We have absolutely nothing to complain about. The high school has so much to offer in the way of education, extracurricular activities, parental volunteering, getting kids ready for college, and much more. It has been a wonderful experience for our kids and for us as parents. Although 2 out of our 4 didn't get the grades we wished they had, it was no fault of the school. We highly recommend this high school to any parent out there wanting a good education for their children, and any school in Franklin Township for that matter.

I have been attending Franklin Township schools since first grade, and I have felt that throughout my progression in each school, the level of one on one teacher interaction has gone down significantly, but that is due to the fact that we have way to many kids in each class. I'm a student that does significantly better in a small class situation, and with a large class, i find that being focused is challenging. Another thing is the amount of advanced courses that are being dropped from the budget. There have been 4 advanced science classes that I wanted to take, and each year, the one I want to take seems to be the one that is dropped from the budget. Personally I believe that they should use the money in their budget wisely so that the students actually have an opportunity to take advanced class.

We just moved here this year and our children go to this school. This school is horrible. No postitive feedback, only negative comments from staff. Special Ed students are not even given a chance. Do not send your kids to this school. We are selling our house and moving away from this school, out kids are not happy at all in this school, and neither are we. Horrible!!!

Last modified Franklin Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.