Indianapolis, IN
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

FTMS West welcomes open and honest feedback from parents. Our goal is to continually improve our service to students and parents. The more information we know, the better we can respond to your feedback.
October 18, 2013

Franklin Township Middle School West 2

Posted October 26, 2013
There is bullying at this school. Recording it due to the fact my son was suspended for fighting back and defending himself. Turning the findings over to the state to show schools neglect is children's safety.

Posted October 18, 2013
FTMSW has teachers that are truly concerned about the students. There are regular communcations sent out leting the parents know what is going on in their classrooms. The FTMSW Facebook page is always posting information about what is going on regarding sports or club activities.

Posted October 18, 2013
My school is Middle School West in Franklin Township. My daughter is a seventh grader there and I have been so impressed with the level of education she has received over the last two years. She was a very average student till she started there. Now, she is an honor roll student! She feels valued by all her teachers and that has made all the difference for her! I also know that she is safe when she is at West. Their level of security is top notch! All the classroom doors remain locked during instruction times. Mr. Nathan Day is the primary reason why West is so awesome! He puts the students first in every decision he makes. He has organized fund raisers for kids with serious illnesses, gone Christmas caroling to the homes of students that teachers have recommended that need holiday cheer. He even shaved his head to raise money for cancer research. I live in a little crummy house but a big reason I haven't moved is because I want all of my children to have the benefit of attending Middle School West!

Posted May 07, 2012
MY son has been at FTMS West since 5th grade and now is in 7th. My husband and I are very displeased with the leadership and education level. The teacher don't care about teaching or being mentors. My childs grade have always been A's and B's since kindergarten and now they are the low C's and even D's. I have asked for help from the guidance councilor and the teachers to help determine what is causing his grades to fall. They don't seem to care and it almost seems like you are being inconvenient when you want to help your child. I will not be sending my 9 year old to this school once she reaches the age. We will likely look in to Middle school East or even another township school.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted May 22, 2008

Posted February 13, 2008

Franklin Township Middle School West
7620 East Edgewood Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46239
Last modified Franklin Township Middle School West is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Township Middle School West Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top