Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=3650+cold+spring+road,indianapolis,in+46222&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=kfymu3fngpyimmhqrb8q6rmkata=

Cold Spring School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Cold Spring School 2907814 5

Posted September 03, 2013
My school is Cold Springs Elementary and we love it! My son is 6 years old and was bored at another school in his community in kindergarten. However, at Cold Springs he loves the science and discovery focus at the school. He comes home excited and he is when I drop him off. And for a single mom that means the world to me. Thanks Cold Springs!

Cold Spring School 5219496 5

Posted August 02, 2013
I love Cold Spring School! My son just started his second year there and it's the first school that he has really enjoyed attending. The teachers care a lot about the students and the outdoor activities they are able to participate in are amazing. They are also very good at communicating with parents and making people feel welcome.

Cold Spring School 5142785 1

Posted May 23, 2013
Cold Spring Elementary has been my child's school since Kindergarten. After three years of attendance, we started to see a downward spiral in academic achievement. The School offers tutoring and though my child attended the PAID before and after school program, tutoring was never awarded. My child was just passed on to the next /5th yr, only for me to request she be sent back and given tutoring and educational evaluation. The staff waited until the 3rd grading period to evaluate and instead tried to affix the ADHD & aggresive labels, citing that there was an "attitude" problem (that I don't experience at home) instead. When I stated my displeasure with the broken promises to tutor and provide resources things only got worse during the fifth year. Ther's a new unconcerned Principal who admits she hadn't familiarized herself with my child's experiences there at Cold Spring. My child was suspended weeks ago; I conferenced my child into that call & I was told that this issue would be looked into & I'd would get a logical "reason" for suspension, as things were exaggerated. The next week my child was "expelled" for hearsay. I have to date (2weeks later) not recieved ANY answers?!

Cold Spring School 4801676 5

Posted December 13, 2012
My children have attended both a traditional elementary school (Washington Twp) and a charter school (east side). I am so very thankful that we have found an AMAZING home at Cold Spring. Walking into the building it seems like just any other school. It's what you see in the halls and classroom that sets this school apart from any other top performing school. These students CARE about each other. They are Kind to each other. They RESPECET each other and their differences. You don't see this level of respect and kindness at any other school. The teachers and staff are WONDERFUL and I could go on and on just about them! The outdoor enviroment is a great addition to the curriculum. Having so many community volunteers who give of their time to teach in the greenhouse, gardens and all over the 40 acres of outdoor classroom is inspiring.... I am glad that I CHOSE IPS and Cold Spring for my children. A great school is much more than it's test scores. The smiles on my children's faces when they come home prove it!

Cold Spring School 4744820 5

Posted February 22, 2012
I love love love this school. I have two boys and they love that they get to be outside more than their last school. Their teachers are so good and they care. The principal knows all the kids by their first name My husband and I thought that was wonderful. Keep it up everyone at Clod Springs big thumbs ups to all.

Cold Spring School 4308461 5

Posted August 31, 2010
This schools gives students an opportunity to really appreciate nature and the environment through hands on experiences. What other school has a campground, themed gardens and hiking trails!

Cold Spring School 3650997 4

Posted June 09, 2010
My daughter loves to go to school because of the environmental aspect of the schools education she's really getting a good sense of life in and out of the classroom. I'm proud to be a parent of CSS.

Cold Spring School 3782550 0

Posted August 26, 2009

Cold Spring School 3187321 5

Posted August 19, 2008
My oldest has been atensing since Kindergarten, she is now in the 3rd grade and my youngest just entered Kindergarten. I love working with the staff members. They go out of their way to assist the children. The principles ( there have been 2 since my children began attending) are really hands on!

Cold Spring School 2731443 1

Posted January 12, 2008

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Cold Spring School
3650 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis, IN  46222
Cold Spring School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.