Cold Spring School 3

Posted June 23, 2014
My kids have been at Cold Spring for two years. The teachers are wonderful but the principal leadership is not. I have noticed that students are not held to a higher standard on behavior as they were with the past principal. She is MIA a lot at school events. A car hit a bus in the parking lot and she let the teachers deal with it. Took her over 30 minutes to come out of her office to see what was going on! Another serious problem is many times this school year, when a teacher is absent, the class is split up among all the other classes. Second graders placed in older classrooms, given a packet to complete if they want but usually watched 2 movies. This happened about 6-8 times thru the year, 4 of which was the last part of the last semester. There are no fun days, like spirit day, hat day, crazy hair day....they could pay $1 to wear jeans on occasion. The outdoor classrooms were also not used as much as I thought they would be used. We are switching schools to a more structured, more traditional, more student/parent focused that holds behavior of the students to a higher level.

Posted September 03, 2013
My school is Cold Springs Elementary and we love it! My son is 6 years old and was bored at another school in his community in kindergarten. However, at Cold Springs he loves the science and discovery focus at the school. He comes home excited and he is when I drop him off. And for a single mom that means the world to me. Thanks Cold Springs!

Posted August 02, 2013
I love Cold Spring School! My son just started his second year there and it's the first school that he has really enjoyed attending. The teachers care a lot about the students and the outdoor activities they are able to participate in are amazing. They are also very good at communicating with parents and making people feel welcome.

Cold Spring School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
Cold Spring Elementary has been my child's school since Kindergarten. After three years of attendance, we started to see a downward spiral in academic achievement. The School offers tutoring and though my child attended the PAID before and after school program, tutoring was never awarded. My child was just passed on to the next /5th yr, only for me to request she be sent back and given tutoring and educational evaluation. The staff waited until the 3rd grading period to evaluate and instead tried to affix the ADHD & aggresive labels, citing that there was an "attitude" problem (that I don't experience at home) instead. When I stated my displeasure with the broken promises to tutor and provide resources things only got worse during the fifth year. Ther's a new unconcerned Principal who admits she hadn't familiarized herself with my child's experiences there at Cold Spring. My child was suspended weeks ago; I conferenced my child into that call & I was told that this issue would be looked into & I'd would get a logical "reason" for suspension, as things were exaggerated. The next week my child was "expelled" for hearsay. I have to date (2weeks later) not recieved ANY answers?!

Posted February 22, 2012
I love love love this school. I have two boys and they love that they get to be outside more than their last school. Their teachers are so good and they care. The principal knows all the kids by their first name My husband and I thought that was wonderful. Keep it up everyone at Clod Springs big thumbs ups to all.

Posted August 31, 2010
This schools gives students an opportunity to really appreciate nature and the environment through hands on experiences. What other school has a campground, themed gardens and hiking trails!

Cold Spring School 4

Posted June 09, 2010
My daughter loves to go to school because of the environmental aspect of the schools education she's really getting a good sense of life in and out of the classroom. I'm proud to be a parent of CSS.

Posted August 19, 2008
My oldest has been atensing since Kindergarten, she is now in the 3rd grade and my youngest just entered Kindergarten. I love working with the staff members. They go out of their way to assist the children. The principles ( there have been 2 since my children began attending) are really hands on!

Cold Spring School 1

Posted January 12, 2008

Posted August 03, 2005
My son has been at cold springs school going on his 7th year. The level of parent involvment is more than I ever seen. There are plenty of activities for the students to get involved in as well as the parents. The academic program just gets better and better every year, not to mention the staff. I highly recommend this school to any parent who wants thier child to get the best of their public school education.

Cold Spring School
3650 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis, IN  46222
Last modified Cold Spring School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cold Spring School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.